How is it possible

mickeyplush

Original Poster
that some of the planning guides are giving the week before Easter 10's? Last year the same Easter week was 10's but Easter was 3 weeks earlier than this year.

There can't be that many schools on break the week before Easter. Do schools change their break every year or is it that people pull their kids out of school?

I guess I'm trying to figure out if I should cancel my impromptu trip over Easter. :lookaroun Level 10 crowds are not something I'm interested in, though the weather will probably be nice.

NYwdwfan

Easter is 4/24 this year and schools are closed the 18th to the 22nd. I think schools (in New York, at least) are always closed the week before Easter.

darthspielberg

Easter is always a big time of year, I am told. We were down there last year for the week before Easter (Left three days before Easter itself though) and it was nuts, and it wasn't any sort of school vacation.

Expect long lines at major attractions, and lengthy lines everywhere else.

mickeyplush

Original Poster
Not sure we'd be able to deal with level 10 crowds. I'm not sure what I was thinking booking a short trip over a school break. :hammer:

mickeysshoes

My DD school system always does Spring Break the week before easter...no matter when easter is. I like it much better when its late March earlier in April so it falls at the end of the grading period and then they also get Eater Monday off. Where this year she will miss a day of school while we travel back from Eater with family ...no at WDW :(

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not only do schools change the dates every year but they also vary by school district. In north Florida Nassau, Duval and St John's county schools all had their easter breaks on different weeks.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Spring Break is a total of six to eight weeks of time throughout North America, originally coordinated to spread the vacations out to benefit the vacation industry. It's less coordinated these days, but still spread out.

bouncingkat

I am a teacher in NJ and that is the week we have off for Easter. I'll be going to Disney that week, as I can only go on school holidays anyway, but know I will be braving massive crowds. And I'm pregnant.

In conclusion, if I can do it, you can do it! :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom