How is Breakfastosaurus ?

RiversideBunny

Original Poster
Has anyone done Donald's Breakfastosaurus at AK lately? How was it?
We did it years ago and had fun. Since then, though, I have heard both good and bad comments.

Lately we have tended to eat breakfast at the Tusker House.
Thanks.
:)

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Septemeber 2006 - I liked it, the lines for the buffet tend to get a little long when you're going for seconds.

eeyoremum

September 2006 - Food was okay, characters were okay, donald being the best. we prefer Chef Mickey or Crystal Palace. JMO.

autigger

My family went in September 2006 and we really enjoyed it as well. Good food and good character interaction. We went just before the park opened and really had a nice breakfast and a nice jump start on the day's touring of Animal Kingdom.

They even allowed me to get a large coffee refill in a to-go cup that I was
able to take into the park with me.:sohappy:

My family would also rank Donald's Breakfastosaurus ahead of Chef Mickey's, although we liked both.:)

Migs31091

2006- Very good! Although I couldn't get into the park early (which you're spose to). The good thing is you can grab a Fastpass from Everest once the park opens. Its only a 5 minute run. The food is excellent. Plus the atmosphere is very good. By the way, when you are done eating DON'T head to Dinosaur, even though it is right there! :ROFLOL:

-Migs

mattnyc78

The foods was "okay", nothing to write home about. But we had great interaction with many different characters which was all my little brother really cared about. Quite a few of them spent a long time with our table taking pictures and video with us. All in all I would still definately reccomend it.

mitchk

I ate there last year. The food was good, and the character interaction was also well done. I just wish they would do something about the costumes that Donald, Goofy, Mickey.... wear. The getups they are wearing are hideous :hurl:

we ate there in december and will probably never go back. we had an early priority seating thing so we were able to get into the park early, so that was nice and the food was good. the character interaction was not. im sure that i can chalk that up to our position in the dining area, as we were close to being the last table before the characters went in for their rest, but in my opinion there really isn't an excuse when a 3 year old is uber excited to see them.

maybe we just ate there on an off day, but it was enough for us to say that we were glad we did it once, but chances are that the one time will be it.

if you decide to go, hopefully you will have better luck.

fizzle75

We have been to The World 3 times now and have made reservations for Donald's Breakfastasaurus all 3 times but for various reasons(ok,ok we just couldn't pry ourselves out of bed in time)we had to cancel...ALL...3...TIMES.
We are going back in April and ONCE AGAIN have made reservations for it and DAG NABBIT I am determined to actually keep them this time!

By the way,MITCHK,in what way are the costumes hideous? Anyone have any pics?

hankhill

Been there twice in the past two years. Loved the food and had a great time with the characters as well. Food may be the best of all the breakfasts. Go to the early seating if you can get it. Once they let you into they walk you straight back to Everest and you are one of the first ones on for the day!.

RustyBridges

We were there in Jan. 07. The breakfast was great. Kids and adults loved it. Excellent character interaction, enjoyed the food and we had the best waitress we had in the 6 times we have been to Disney. Rhonda was awesome. We had a blast.

KevGuy

I'm looking forward to attending this in April when I take my family to Disney for the first time. We have an 8:00am time, should we run over to the Everest ride and get a fast pass before we go into the breakfast?? Is that ride close by?

pinkrose

I'm looking forward to attending this in April when I take my family to Disney for the first time. We have an 8:00am time, should we run over to the Everest ride and get a fast pass before we go into the breakfast?? Is that ride close by?

No, you won't be able to do that because the park will not be open. Even if it's a EMH's morning, you'd be late for your reservation (you could send a member of your party to get them, I guess). Enjoy your breakfast, then head on over to Everest. It's not that close, but it's not on the other side of the park either. If it's not an EMH morning, then you wouldn't be able to get over there until after rope drop anyway.

We had an 8am reservation. We had time to enjoy breakfast and still get over to Everest just as the mob of people were coming from the Discovery Island side (most people go that way when the gates open, so not very many people head to Everest via Dinoland). We rode 3 times that morning.

mitchk

We have been to The World 3 times now and have made reservations for Donald's Breakfastasaurus all 3 times but for various reasons(ok,ok we just couldn't pry ourselves out of bed in time)we had to cancel...ALL...3...TIMES.
We are going back in April and ONCE AGAIN have made reservations for it and DAG NABBIT I am determined to actually keep them this time!

By the way,MITCHK,in what way are the costumes hideous? Anyone have any pics?

If you drop me your e-mail address I'll send some pictures to you. I can't post them because I can't figure out how to do it.:shrug:

woodybuzz

Avoid the Orange Juice

After Seeing this thread I had to register.

I have just returned from a trip to WDW and ate at Donald's Breakfastasaurus. There were 7 adults in our party and 1 infant. Within 3 hours 2 members of our party were feeling sick. Within 4 hours we left the park (and actually had to pull over near downtown disney to allow them to throw up). By the afternoon a 3td member was sick and by the next morning - all 6 of the seven adults had sickness and diarrhoea. We stayed at my Aunts who called a doctor who in turn confirmed food poisining. all members of the part ate from different breakfast stands and have linked it to the orange juice. The infant and my Uncle (who did not go) did not get sick, and the 7th member chose Grapefruit juice over orange juice.

The worst part is the complaints procedure. After calling WDW dine - I was told by someone (who could hardly speak english), that as that party had 4 seperate surnames we had to phone 4 times to complain - even though we are all related and booked under the same reservation.

I am now in the process of writing a lengthy complaint letter and would strongly advise all to go for the grapefruit juice.

- Oh and the food was OK - although I doubt I will eat there again. :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom