How intense is RnRC?

The Magical Genie 123

Original Poster
Judging from the comments, it's all down to what you find frightening. Some are afraid of loops, some afraid of drops, others of intense blast off.

This coaster has an intense blast off, several loops and corkscrew. It tends to make me a little dizzy and I find it intense because it don't care for loops. I think it's the most extreme coaster. And I don't think Everest is.

Again, it's down to what u find intense.

I find loops to be intense, and I do not like them at all.

luv

It's the most intense coaster Disney has. Compared to Big Thunder (which is so mild), it's very intense. Compared to some other coasters in the world (the real one, lol), it isn't a big deal.

There are no good drops, so if it is drops you worry about, cease the worrying. It does go upside-down, so if that bugs you, steer clear. It's a little jerky, too. Your head bangs around a bit.

The launch really is the best (or worst, depending on your viewpoint!) part of the ride. For intensity, that's the biggest part...and you'll see it before you board, so you can always check that out and then bail, if you like. Right on the other side of boarding (just behind the curtain), you can enter the gift shop, which is where people end up when they get off. :)

Scooter

R&Rollercoaster, is in MY opinion, wilder than Big Thunder Mountain railroad, but Not as wild as Expedition Everest. On R & Rollercoaster you get jerked around more than on Space Mountain, but less than on Primevil whirl. Just my opinion.

Raven66

It gets a 5 gillion from me:eek: That ride scares the bejesus out of me. I've only ever ridden it twice and that is plenty. I let my husband and daughter have all the fun.

Pocahontas

A 7/10 on the intensity scale. I don't think it's as intense as Space Mountain, though. The beginning is such a thrill, 0 to 60 in 3 seconds (I don't know the exact speed/time). It goes pretty fast, and has loops and corkscrews. It's smooth, though. I think that if you can handle Space Mountain, you can handle RnRc.

Here is a video of Xpress at Walibi World, it's basically the exact same ride as Rock N Rollercoaster only outdoors so you can get an idea of what the ride does.

eek87s0o1g001i24trrl00.jpg

And here is a picture of the overall layout of the ride

jlsHouston

LOL I'm in worse shape coming off of those then any other ride in the parks.

Oh yah, I can't go in circles like that, it makes me positively ill.. I think the teacups are the only ride at MK I can't do without feeling queasy... and believe it or not, Space I can do...I can do every ride at MK save the teacups, no fear..

EE, RnRC.. haven't make it on those yet... finally did ToT for the first time this past summer... I had to restrain myself from yelling at the grands who had convinced me to finally try it.

luv

Oh yah, I can't go in circles like that, it makes me positively ill.. I think the teacups are the only ride at MK I can't do without feeling queasy... and believe it or not, Space I can do...I can do every ride at MK save the teacups, no fear..

EE, RnRC.. haven't make it on those yet... finally did ToT for the first time this past summer... I had to restrain myself from yelling at the grands who had convinced me to finally try it.
LOL, your grandchildren told you it wasn't bad? That is so funny!

How did you miss the height of it and all the steaming?! Next time, ask here first. :) If ToT freaked you put, I'd avoid RnRc. It doesn't have the kind of dropping feeling ToT does, but it's a fairly wild ride and the most intense coaster in WDW. EE is a lot smoother than RnRc and is not really a harsh ride at all, but it does have one semi-big drop. If you're considering RnRc, try EE first and see how you like that.

So funny - your grandchildren.

NYwdwfan

Here is a video of Xpress at Walibi World, it's basically the exact same ride as Rock N Rollercoaster only outdoors so you can get an idea of what the ride does.

eek87s0o1g001i24trrl00.jpg

And here is a picture of the overall layout of the ride

Oh my heavens - THAT'S what I went on?! I closed my eyes from launch through the first 30 seconds or so and when I opened them I didn't know if I was upside down or not. I do NOT like stomach drops so while the ride seemed fast (until about halfway through when it seems to slow considerably) I found it quite fun. I won't ride EE and haven't been on Space in about 15 years but I would do RNRC again. And I actually love that it's so loud - kind of turns off some of your other senses and tempers the fear a bit.

donaldtoo

Not that bad......

It's actually one of the smoothest coasters for the speed and twists that I've ever been on.

Yes, I was bein' silly, of course.
Love the takeoff but have been on plenty of other coasters with same. It's a great ride overall, but pretty garden variety compared to some of the more intense stuff that's out there these days. What makes it just a tad better is the theming. Definitely nothing that would blow a well-seasoned thrill ride junkies shorts off, but, a fun little jaunt, nonetheless.

Bairstow

Between the launch and inversions, RnR is pretty intense for a coaster. In Orlando I would put it only behind Hulk and Kraken in that regard.

Not that bad......

It's actually one of the smoothest coasters for the speed and twists that I've ever been on.

Have you ridden much Bolliger and Mabillard? A lot of their stuff is almost too smooth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom