How important is dining in Disney to you?

real mad hatter

Mr. Hatter @real mad hatter with all do respect.... You have hundreds of threads on Disney Dining..... Why do you spend so much time talking about DD if it's not in your top 5 reasons for visiting... Seems kind of mixed up? Why spend so much time... And have so many reading and following your threads if it does not mean that much to you? :)
Correct.The reason behind this is I love food,I love cooking,but iam not going to WDW to be a food critic,I'am going for the magic atmosphere.Every day in my house I cook for my family.I love to learn new things about fusion cooking,flavours that combine and make me happy.If it turns out wrong,then I get annoyed at myself.Its a gastronomic adventure,but WDW is a different adventure.;)

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I love WDW world dining but it has nothing to do with how awesome the food is. In most cases the QS meals are average and exactly what you expect at a theme park. There are exceptions.

The Table service meals I would say are slightly above average in most cases when compared to like restaurants outside the World.

The signature restaurants? Well I've eaten at more than a few "signature" type fine dining establishments and I'd say that 2 out of the 3 I've experienced at WDW are right on par and in one case (yachtsman's) above average from what I've had outside the world.

But the real point is..it's all about the magic bubble baby. It's just part of the whole experience for me. NOT just the food - the atmosphere the time and place - We're sitting down chilling.

If it's meal time it means either 1. I'm getting ready to kick a park's butt or 2. we've already done so ----
I'm with my family we're at the World we're carefree cuz we're on vacation and happy as all get out....it just makes everything seem that much better.

So is the food awesome or better than anything in the real world?
In most cases definitely not, but if I'm WDW everything is better.
So yeah it's an important part of my vacation.

71dsp

The food is a very important part of the trip for us. It gives us time to relax, rest, and enjoy a good meal. The food, in general, at WDW is very good. Like has been said before, it's not always the best we've ever had, but we have been fortunate enough not to have many disappointing dining experiences at WDW.

Californian Elitist

I agree, food and eating is very important. At the same time, I couldn't care less about eating in Disney. In fact, my friend and I go through a fast food drive-thru right before we go to Disney. I agree with everyone, Disney's food is way overpriced. I can get a better tasting burger for half Disney's prices. WAY better tasting. I really couldn't care less about table dining. Power to those who do find it important, though.

mergatroid

Original Poster
I agree, food and eating is very important. At the same time, I couldn't care less about eating in Disney. In fact, my friend and I go through a fast food drive-thru right before we go to Disney. I agree with everyone, Disney's food is way overpriced. I can get a better tasting burger for half Disney's prices. WAY better tasting. I really couldn't care less about table dining. Power to those who do find it important, though.

Absolutely agree, I think it's wonderful that so many enjoy their Disney meals and that they're a big part of their vacation and long may that continue for them. I was merely interested in finding out how many found Disney dining a big part of their trip as I read so many people talking about it.

Also got reservations for 8am 19th October for the Crystal Palace character breakfast yesterday. Really looking forward to going in the MK before park opening to attend this and get some photos. Just a quick question though, what time do the monorails and ferries start operating from the TTC as the MK isn't scheduled to open till 9am that day? I know they'll be operating from at least 8am as I've been there that time before but how much earlier do they start running?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I am a huge fan of the Dining Plans, and the convenience of knowing my meals are prepaid (so I don't end up with sticker shock at the end of one). However, with more and more doing "free dining" and ADRs becoming more important, I find it less a value...

Nothing is worse than paying for the Deluxe plan, and not making enough ADRs to make it pay for itself. And since others have booked up most of the best ADRs, you are stuck eating at Counter Service when you pre-paid for Table Service.

I don't have a solution for this, but I'm just saying...each year I go it seems like less and less of a value. I don't want to burden my trips with massive amounts of ADRs. I don't mind doing a few for important or overly popular places, but having to literally book every meal, is just tiresome.

I paid for it for this trip in August, but I think that will be the last time I do the dining plan. It's just not the value it used to be.

PrincessMia

Dining is a really big deal for me. I probably spend more time researching and planning our dining than anything else. We're only on our 5th family trip so there are still lots of restaurants to try. Bring on BOG!!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Dining is a really big deal for me. I probably spend more time researching and planning our dining than anything else. We're only on our 5th family trip so there are still lots of restaurants to try. Bring on BOG!!

The thread isn't if Dining is important, I think we all agree it is a huge part of the experience.

It's whether the Dining Plans are important...

Scooter

Dining at WDW isn't all that imporatant to me. I could eat counter service burgers and fries at every meal. I only eat because I'm hungry. I do, however, Love a good steak once in a while but rarely have one when I'm in WDW. I'm the same way at home. If I make too much Spaghetti, I eat it for lunch and dinner and again the next day until it's gone. When I grill out, I make 8 burgers and eat burgers at every meal until their gone. Guess I'm just not a foodie.

Disnee4Me

We always try to a do one sit down meal mid-day ... late lunch between 1-2 as we go to whatever park has EMH and so by 1, we are ready to take a break. Whereas some people head back to their hotel to nap, we eat lunch, then shop around a bit and then by 4 o'clock we are back on rides again. We stay on property and usually don't leave. Our family of 4 picks one sit down meal each trip and then we vote on the others nights where we'd like to eat. I like to try one new restaurant each trip. The rest of the day, it's bagels or muffins in the morning, and something quick at night, hot dog, pretzels, fruit or some good old junk food like ice cream, cupcakes.

scarr13311

Dinning is Import:
The dinning is also part of the whole experience of vacationing at Disney The Disney dinning plan although expensive, allows you to eat at the nicer restaurants, (Boma, Crystal Palace, Sannas. Le Chefs De France and more), as well as the better counter service places (Cosmic Ray, Columbia Habour House, and Sunshine Seasons at Epcot), because the some of the counter service places in the parks are not that get. Hope Disney adds more healthier counter service places like Sunshine Seasons in all the parks.

DianeW

It's an important part of our Disney experience. We look forward to the break in the day, and I actually schedule a majority of our TS meals at lunch. Getting the "right" ADRs has always been a critical stage of my trip planning and I've had good experiences at the majority of the places we've eaten. We love Disney dining!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom