How I’d rank the theme parks I’ve been to. How would you rank yours?

Best theme park in the world?

• Tokyo DisneySea

• Tokyo Disneyland

• Disneyland Park (Anaheim)

• EPCOT

• Islands of Adventure

• Magic Kingdom

• Universal Studios Japan

• Animal Kingdom

• Europa-Park

• Disneyland Paris

Results are only viewable after voting.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Original Poster
And where do you think Epic Universe will lie?

IMG_7050.jpeg

DisneyHead123

Don’t feel I can vote as I’ve only been to the Orlando parks. If you did a poll regarding what people find most impressive in a park in general (spiraling architecture, details, integration of cutting edge technology, etc.) I’d happily give my two cents!

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Tokyo DisneySea
Disneyland
Universal Studios Japan
Tokyo Disneyland

Islands of Adventure
Disneyland Paris
California Adventure
EPCOT
Magic Kingdom
Universal Studios Beijing
Shanghai Disneyland
Universal Studios Hollywood
Animal Kingdom
Universal Studios Singapore
Hollywood Studios
Hong Kong Disneyland
Universal Studios Florida
Walt Disney Studios Park

Disone

What makes you choose MK over Disneyland?
Not for me but I know others that have picked MK over Disneyland for it's Grander scale. MK is more Grand and Majestic then Disneyland which tends to be more intimate and charming.

MK has a sense of welcome and 'you are here!!' that DL does not have but that get lost on repeat visits. It's neat the first few visits but after awhile the time investment needed just to get inside the MK becomes long in the tooth.

But getting past all that..... For me DL has so many more attractions and usually the better version of "cloned" attractions that for me DL is easily the superior of the two. But I know this is not the case for all.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

The ranking really has changed for me for Existing theme parks I went to due to changes in the parks. The only ones I have memory are Busch Garden Tampa, WDW Universal Studios Orlando. and Sea World. I am not doing all time because of Epcot would've been the highest ranked other wise. Epcot took a hit with changes.

My order is the following:
Magic Kingdom
Islands of Adventure
Animal Kingdom
Epcot
USF
Sea World
DHS
Busch Gardens Tampa

Marc Davis Fan

This feels impossible, because attraction lineup, immersion of lands, emotional design, spectacle, etc., are basically incommensurable.

For example, IMHO:

Best attraction lineup: Disneyland
Best emotional design (i.e., most "magical"): Disneyland Paris
Best immersion of lands (i.e., most realistic): Disney's Animal Kingdom
Best spectacle (i.e., most amazing): DisneySea

Another way of describing the problem... Islands of Adventure has an amazing attraction lineup, but awful sightlines (which I consider essential for a true "theme park" to be successful from a design standpoint), while Disneyland Paris's land design is IMHO unsurpassed even by DisneySea... and yet I'd consider it to have only three major attractions. I'd be hard pressed to find any reasonable way to determine which of those is "better."

So yeah.

Jrb1979

WDW is hands down the best theme vacation resort in the world.

Disneyland CA is my favorite individual theme park in the world.
My family used to think that. But WDW has changed too much and for the worse.
For us going to the parks since the late 80s, each park felt different and unique. Epcot being the best with Horizons and World of Motion. We loved the original MGM studios.

Since then, the parks have slowly lost their unique themes. They all feel like an extension of MK.

For us our list has changed to

Islands of Adventure
Efteling
Europa Park
Dollywood
Busch Gardens Tampa
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Then the Disney Parks

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I hate ranking amusement parks. To me, it's like trying to rank movies of completely different genres. A park like Knoebels or a park like Holiday World are SO completely different than a Disney or Universal Park to me, but that doesn't mean I leave either of those parks feeling any less satisfied than a day at Disney. If nothing else, I hope that a thread like this helps many of you realize that the world has a TON of other superb parks. Variety is the spice of life. If you are someone who does DIsney every year, consider going out of your comfort zone and try some other parks... you may just surprise yourself with how much fun you have! In the US, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood, and Silver Dollar City are great "gateway parks" when you are trying to move from Disney to the wider world of theme and amusement parks. Internationally, there are SO many great options... in Europe, I particularly like Phantasialand and Europa Park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom