How I’d rank the theme parks I’ve been to. How would you rank yours?

Best theme park in the world?

• Tokyo DisneySea

• Tokyo Disneyland

• Disneyland Park (Anaheim)

• EPCOT

• Islands of Adventure

• Magic Kingdom

• Universal Studios Japan

• Animal Kingdom

• Europa-Park

• Disneyland Paris

Results are only viewable after voting.

JIMINYCR

Have not been to any of the out of country parks, so Im withholding a vote,
My thoughts on Epic is that it looks like it will be experienced as a top of the mark experience, out shining all the others. If it delivers as projected, Dis will have a difficult time putting in anything to counter it.

wdwfan4ver

And where do you think Epic Universe will lie?

View attachment 799867
Epic Universe starting out will be a "A" tier with potential of being a "S" tier as time passes. Its a very good theme park starting out. I first went to WDW in 1991. Epic on paper for next year is better than DHS was in 1991 and Animal Kingdom to some people in 1998. What Disney MGM Studios had 1991 was a well themed theme park and the Backlot Tour being a very long ride.

Animal Kingdom first starting out really depends on how much you spent with the animal stuff they had outside of the ride. Animal Kingdom from a theming

The fact is Epic Universe opening up starts with more rides than 2 WDW theme parks have despite DHS and Animal Kingdom opened in 1991 and 1998. What I said DHS and Animal Kingdom though shows how screwed up Disney is for handling the two parks.

I am not giving it a "S" tier because I question the capacity of the park starting out and concern about how the crowd difference How to Train your Dragon is going to be compare to Super Nintendo World and the Potter Land Epic has starting out. What I mention about crowd difference between lands is concern since Universal is limited Epic to a point with packages for Epic without single day tickets.

I mentioned potential "S" tier due to the amount of acres of expansion plots Epic has inside the park starting out. When Universal starts uses those expansion plots, it will help out the capacity of the park.

osian

My Top 10 is (in no particular order, except nbr 1):

EPCOT
Efteling
Europa Park
Phantasialand
Cedar Point
Kings Island
Silver Dollar City
Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Disneyland
Dollywood

I haven't been to Japan, China or Poland!

Last edited:

TalkToEthan

Top tier
Disney Sea
Epic Universe(predicted)
Disneyland Anaheim
Disneyland Paris

Mid tier
Islands of Adventure
California Adventure
Disneyland Tokyo
Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom
Disneyland Hong Kong
Epcot
Magic Kingdom
Uni Studios Hollywood

The rest aren’t worth listing

Jrb1979

Top tier
Disney Sea
Epic Universe(predicted)
Disneyland Anaheim
Disneyland Paris

Mid tier
Islands of Adventure
California Adventure
Disneyland Tokyo
Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom
Disneyland Hong Kong
Epcot
Magic Kingdom
Uni Studios Hollywood

The rest aren’t worth listing
You saying the rest aren't worth listing is exactly why many need to give some of these other parks a chance. Dollywood, Silver Dollar City and some of the other smaller US parks are worth seeing.

Yes this is a Disney centric site and don't expect any talk about other parks much but what I don't get is why so many look down on them or won't visit them?

TalkToEthan

You saying the rest aren't worth listing

This thread is about ranking parks we have seen……..I’ve never been to Dollywood, Cedar Point, Bush Gardens Tampa, Silver Dollar City, Ferrari World, Alton Towers or any other Europe park(except Dl Paris and Walt Disney Studios) and countless others therefore they don’t apply and are exempt from dismissing or promoting.

[[***But I did take one liberty by safely presuming Epic Universe will be stellar since I’ve been following its construction closely and it’s far enough along to conclude; also I know Universal’s track record***]]

The ones I have been to which I dismissed as not worth listing to me are: Universal Studios Orlando, maybe four 6 Flags, Walt Disney Studios Paris and others so far down they’re not even on the map.

Last edited:

Ice Gator

(my Best to Worst- US parks only, based off attractions/design/my experiences)

Islands of Adventure
Disneyland Park
Magic Kingdom
Disney's Animal Kingdom
EPCOT
Disney Hollywood Studios
Universal Studios Florida
Universal Studios Hollywood
SeaWorld Orlando
Disney California Adventure

Mr. Sullivan

I've only been to the US parks of the Big Two (and haven't been to the California park for Universal). Altogether it comes out something like:

1. EPCOT
2. Disneyland
3. Islands of Adventure
4. Animal Kingdom
5. Magic Kingdom
6. Universal Studios Florida
7. Disney California Adventure
8. Hollywood Studios

TalkToEthan

The story of EPCOT since around the turn of the century:

“Shoulda coulda woulda”

By rights Epcot was destined for greatness; then it turned into an unrecognizable botched science project

Last edited:

Jrb1979

The story of EPCOT since around the turn of the century:

“Shoulda coulda would of”

By rights is was destined for greatness; then it turned into an unrecognizable botched science project
Agreed. After watching different videos on the original plans for Epcot and what it could have been and to see what it's become saddens me.

Imagine the Germany Rhine River cruise, the Mt Fuji coaster.

Pangoo

I recently finished my Disney bucket list and completed visiting all existing Disney Parks! I would rank them like this

S TIER
Tokyo Disney Sea
Tokyo Disneyland
Disneyland Anaheim
Magic Kingdom

A TIER
Shanghai Disneyland
EPCOT
Disneyland Paris
Disney Hollywood Studios

B TIER
Disney California Adventure
Disney Animal Kingdom
Parc Walt Disney Studios (Paris)
HK Disneyland

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom