How hard is it...

britdaw

Original Poster
...to get walk-in seating at Hollywood & Vine's Play n' Dine character meals??
My husband just informed me today that he *really* wants to take our son to meet Jake, Sophia, and Doc. I know he'd love it, but I can't get any reservations for times that work with the rest of our schedule (which I was expecting). So at this point, I'm wondering if we should try just walking up the day we're in HS to see if they have room for us, or if I should forget about it.

CAPTAIN HOOK

So at this point, I'm wondering if we should try just walking up the day we're in HS to see if they have room for us, or if I should forget about it.
It really depends on the time of year that you visit and how busy it is. You can try walking up and the worst thing that can happen is that you're told they're full. On the other hand, you could make a reservation and re-arrange your schedule. It depends on how desperate you are to dine there.
One last thing, keeping checking back on Disney's Dining Website - people refine their plans all the time and make cancellations (especially as their trip gets closer). If you can get on the site two or three times a day you may strike lucky

britdaw

Original Poster
It really depends on the time of year that you visit and how busy it is. You can try walking up and the worst thing that can happen is that you're told they're full. On the other hand, you could make a reservation and re-arrange your schedule. It depends on how desperate you are to dine there.
One last thing, keeping checking back on Disney's Dining Website - people refine their plans all the time and make cancellations (especially as their trip gets closer). If you can get on the site two or three times a day you may strike lucky
Yeahhhh, we're going the first week of April, so I highly doubt they'll have room for us if we walk up. LOL But I have been going on the site a few times a day trying to score a reservation, so I'm crossing my fingers and praying I'll get lucky.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Yeahhhh, we're going the first week of April, so I highly doubt they'll have room for us if we walk up. LOL But I have been going on the site a few times a day trying to score a reservation, so I'm crossing my fingers and praying I'll get lucky.
When I was making ADRs for our trip last August I completely overlooked a pre park opening breakfast at Crystal Palace. We were less than four weeks from flying when I picked up an 8:05 reservation - somebody had refined their plans and I subsequently released whatever breakfast I had booked for that day - I have no doubt that somebody else was happy to pick that one up

HouCuseChickie

The meal has definitely gained popularity since Jake, Doc and Sophia were added.

I would keep searching though b/c that one pops up more often since it doesn't appeal as much to slightly older kids. Not sure of your dates or if you're a party of 3, but I just found an ADR for April 5th at 8:45am.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom