How far in advance can you make Universal Restaurant Reservations?

djlaosc

Original Poster
Hi,

I was wondering how far in advance you could reserve restaurants at Universal?

I know that it's not a necessary to do as at WDW, and you can often do it on the day, but just wondered how far in advance you could do it?

FLYbyNITE

I really don't know how far in advance they take reservations (I think it depends on the restaurant). However, I have never been denied a reservation within a few days of trying to make one. I have gotten reservations at Emeril's (at CW), Emeril's Tchop Chop, Bice, Mama Della's, The Palm, the Latin Quarter, and others; either on the same day or the day before. Unlike Disney, where I have to make my ADR's 180 days in advance, and than work my plans around them, I love the freedom Universal's restaurants provide for allowing things to be spontaneous.

nepalostparks

I can't find the specifics either, but I did want to add that Universal has just recently introduced a dining plan, so as it gains popularity, reservations will be begin to book up more in advance, so if there is somewhere in particular you want to eat, it would be a good idea to have a reservation in advance and not wait until day of or several days before.

TheMackMachine

So the last time I went to Universal was June of 2012. I got reservations to Margaritaville, Mythos, and Pastamoré. I called up and later put in my reservation on Opentable.com, and it turns out that you can only reserve a restaurant 30 days in advance. No more than 30. It's better than 6 months at Disney, which is mind boggling.

Also, if you stay at the soon to be called deluxe resorts (Portofino Bay, Hard Rock, and Royal Pacific), you get priority seating at select restaurants. Not sure which ones they are so if interested, ask your travel planner.

luv

I have never made a reservation for any CityWalk restaurant. I've never been turned away, either. The longest we ever waited was about 45 minutes for Margaritaville.

Just make them the day you go or maybe the day before.

All that ridiculous work Disney requires is not necessary at Uni. You get to relax a bit there. It's nice. :)

TheMackMachine

I should add that if I didn't get a reservation at Mythos last time I went, I would have waited more than an hour for lunch. I still had to wait a half hour, but it helps to have one.

Agreed with luv that there's no rush to make reservations at Universal, unless you're doing something like the Luau at Royal Pacific, or a fancy restaurant like Emeril's, Bice at Portofino, and the Palm Restaurant at Hard Rock.

ParentsOf4

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Don't even begin to think about turning Uni restaurants into the planning nightmare WDW ADR's have become. People on several boards obsess over their WDW ADRs. You'd think they are going on a dining vacation that happens to be at a theme park.:confused:

I love that I can book a table at Mythos morning of yet every table is full when I arrive.

Please keep the WDW ADR insanity away from Uni.

TheMackMachine

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Don't even begin to think about turning Uni restaurants into the planning nightmare WDW ADR's have become. People on several boards obsess over their WDW ADRs. You'd think they are going on a dining vacation that happens to be at a theme park.:confused:

I love that I can book a table at Mythos morning of yet every table is full when I arrive.

Please keep the WDW ADR insanity away from Uni.

Yeah don't worry it won't reach that level, and it should not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom