How far do you live from WDW ?

Skibum1970

I am closer to I-95 then I-75 so that is my route now as it mostly was before. It was much more complex from Vermont, but, I always managed to avoid toll roads and areas in large urban areas. Sometimes drove a little further in mileage, but, saved in time and money.

I completely agree with that thought process. I'll take a little longer route if I can stay on the gas. However, I-75 is four miles away from my house and that means straight through. I have a friend who took I-40 over to I-95 but that was to visit the Atlantic Ocean before going to Disney.

Goofyernmost

I completely agree with that thought process. I'll take a little longer route if I can stay on the gas. However, I-75 is four miles away from my house and that means straight through. I have a friend who took I-40 over to I-95 but that was to visit the Atlantic Ocean before going to Disney.
I live one mile from I-40 and 32 miles from I-95 now. Before when coming from Vermont, I would cut across on I-81 through Pennsylvania, Maryland, W. Virginia and Virginia, cut across to Frederickburg, VA where I would catch I-95 to Daytona Beach then I-4 to Kissimmee.

MerlinTheGoat

12-13 miles, I can hear the fireworks from my house. Though i'm still far enough away that I don't find it disturbing, kind of like thunder in the distance. You can also see the sky lighting up occasionally, though the trees are too tall to see any of the actual shells.

IanDLBZF

I live in New Smyrna Beach, but am currently attending college over at Beacon College in Leesburg, FL (scheduled to graduate on May 5!)
Both are about 90 minutes away from WDW.

raymondeo

OK.....From home in southern England to Gatwick airport in the UK for a 9hr flight. Add a trip from MCO to resort and we are talking in the region of 4,445 miles ! Allowing for the customs checks and waiting times we reckon it takes about 21hrs. Tired but Happy to be in WDW

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
954 miles door-to-door (my house to the Magic Kingdom) which would equate to a drive of somewhere between 13 hours and 16 hours (depending on how forgiving the I-95 traffic is)... about a 2 hr 15 min flight (plus about a 1.5 hr drive to the airport and a 0.75 hr Magical Express ride)

Skibum1970

12-13 miles, I can hear the fireworks from my house. Though i'm still far enough away that I don't find it disturbing, kind of like thunder in the distance. You can also see the sky lighting up occasionally, though the trees are too tall to see any of the actual shells.

Not going to lie. I've got a little hate or envy for you Orlando dwellers.

No, I don't hate you. Well, a little envy for sure. If I thought that my wife wouldn't kill me, I'd find a job in or around Orlando and move today. However, the furthest she has lived from where she grew up is 11 miles and I doubt that she'll change her mind about moving to Florida.

macefamily

1050 miles. I have never driven that far, but my daughter has done it twice. My son will be doing it late in the summer as he drives for his fall semester of the Disney College Program.

Brianna E.

1,200 Miles but hopefully within 2 years, only about 18 miles... Not because of anything to do with living close to there, we are just tired of NY and bad weather all year.
I am with you on that! My boyfriend and I are looking to go soon. Mostly because of the weather here in NY and school.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom