How far do you live from WDW ?

1201 miles, or about 7 hours from home to airport, to MCO - to Magic Express - to Resort :cool: ( just did a road trip to Maine - based on that, a practical trip of 1201 miles would take at least one overnight stop on the way south - expecting bad weather and/or traffic at any time, and I really would not be looking forward to that return trip by car :cry: )

danheaton

1,007 miles from St. Louis. While it may say about 15 hours driving, it takes longer given all the traffic lately around Nashville and Atlanta. I do like the non-stop flight that is just over 2 hours (even when it's pricey).

Jay & Sue

1,850 miles (2.5 day drive - 850 miles the first day, 600 the second day and 400 the third) from our home in Denver or 8 miles (15 minutes) from our Orlando home. Flying time between Orlando and Denver for Christmas is 4 hours going west and 3 hours going east. We spend six months in Orlando to avoid the long drive. We watch and hear the Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Epcot fireworks from our Lanai with a cool drink in hand.

Last edited:

I'mwatchinguWizowski

I can't even wrap my brain around that. Before I moved to NC, 7 years ago, I lived in Northern Vermont. A little over 1500 miles one way. Yet, I made at least 20 road trips to WDW during my 35 year history with the place. Now it's about 610 from my front door to the entrance of WDW. I always drive it now, it's about 10 hours door to door. And I'm just a little over 3 months away from being 70 years old. Love me a road trip!!!

Funny enough I did the trip from VT once as a child too and would say no way ever again. I’m in the car a ton for work so vacation to me is staying out of a car as much as possible. Plus flights are so cheap and quick from NC now:)

Goofyernmost

Funny enough I did the trip from VT once as a child too and would say no way ever again. I’m in the car a ton for work so vacation to me is staying out of a car as much as possible. Plus flights are so cheap and quick from NC now:)
For a good portion of my travels from Vermont, I was a professional bus driver. Almost all bus drivers still love road trips. I blame it on inhaling way to many diesel fumes.

Flights are cheap, but, I cannot let myself ever feel like a prisoner. (probably what has been my motivation to be law abiding.) I go out of my mind if I don't have independent transportation, so flying may be cheap, but, if I add car rental to that, it is cheaper to drive and when you consider waiting for your flight to arrive, load and take off and your connection from the airport to your destination, it takes just a little more time to drive, but, to me so worth it. I guess we all see things differently, one persons burden is another persons joy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom