How far do you live from WDW ?

Goofyernmost

635 miles to far...I’ve driven it once and NEVER AGAIN!! Lol
I can't even wrap my brain around that. Before I moved to NC, 7 years ago, I lived in Northern Vermont. A little over 1500 miles one way. Yet, I made at least 20 road trips to WDW during my 35 year history with the place. Now it's about 610 from my front door to the entrance of WDW. I always drive it now, it's about 10 hours door to door. And I'm just a little over 3 months away from being 70 years old. Love me a road trip!!!

bigrigross

I can't even wrap my brain around that. Before I moved to NC, 7 years ago, I lived in Northern Vermont. A little over 1500 miles one way. Yet, I made at least 20 road trips to WDW during my 35 year history with the place. Now it's about 610 from my front door to the entrance of WDW. I always drive it now, it's about 10 hours door to door. And I'm just a little over 3 months away from being 70 years old. Love me a road trip!!!

It seems like road trips are seen as a chore nowadays instead of part of the vacation. I enjoy the drive as much as actually getting there. Its a 16 hour drive to Walk Disney World and I have no problem driving it with my family.

D M C

I have a 839 mile drive. Have done it straight thru a few times, no fun.

Goofyernmost

It seems like road trips are seen as a chore nowadays instead of part of the vacation. I enjoy the drive as much as actually getting there. Its a 16 hour drive to Walk Disney World and I have no problem driving it with my family.
^^^^ this exactly. I enjoy the trip as much as the destination. Must tap into an early life as a pioneer. :)

Skibum1970

^^^^ this exactly. I enjoy the trip as much as the destination. Must tap into an early life as a pioneer. :)

Well, you learned patience when traveling by wagon train.

Seriously though, it is 850 miles or roughly 13-15 hours driving. I used to do that so easily but not any more. Traveling for work spoiled me by flying and now I pretty much only fly to/from WDW. Also, I hate how traffic in Atlanta or construction on I-75 can change a trip for moderately aggravating to really irritating in the blink of an eye.

Goofyernmost

I have a 839 mile drive. Have done it straight thru a few times, no fun.
I never tried to make it the 1500 miles straight through. I enjoy a road trip, but, not to the point of exhaustion. I stopped once or twice depending on how I felt. I never pushed it beyond that because I wanted to be able to enjoy my time in the parks as well. I didn't want my butt dragging all day so I stopped, refreshed and moved on in the morning. That is what made it fun for me.

Goofyernmost

Well, you learned patience when traveling by wagon train.

Seriously though, it is 850 miles or roughly 13-15 hours driving. I used to do that so easily but not any more. Traveling for work spoiled me by flying and now I pretty much only fly to/from WDW. Also, I hate how traffic in Atlanta or construction on I-75 can change a trip for moderately aggravating to really irritating in the blink of an eye.
I am closer to I-95 then I-75 so that is my route now as it mostly was before. It was much more complex from Vermont, but, I always managed to avoid toll roads and areas in large urban areas. Sometimes drove a little further in mileage, but, saved in time and money.

D M C

I never tried to make it the 1500 miles straight through. I enjoy a road trip, but, not to the point of exhaustion. I stopped once or twice depending on how I felt. I never pushed it beyond that because I wanted to be able to enjoy my time in the parks as well. I didn't want my butt dragging all day so I stopped, refreshed and moved on in the morning. That is what made it fun for me.
That is how I do the trip now. Stop half way and get a good early start in the morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom