How Early for check in?

BossBrody

How early can you show up to check-in?

I don't mean actually getting into your room. I mean showing up to check-in. Do the resorts have certain times you can check-in?

I am staying at the AKL & Poly and would like to get specific rooms (and house if possible). I assume the earlier you check-in the better the chance of getting them.

thanks for any help.

SamatBCV

I've checked in early several times and it has never been a problem. If it is too early to get in the room, they've always let me leave baggage with them. (Of course I assume you're going to check in the same day as you're supposed to. I don't imagine you could check in one day, sleep in the lobby and get your room the next day. ;) )

Upvote 0

meanmice

That was a question that I had too. When we get in it will be about 9 o'clock and I know that we won't get a room, but I was curious as to how early we could expect one. We are just going to hang out at some of the different hotels the first day. We're staying at the All Star Music because it's all we could afford, but we would like to get a first class experiance, so we plan to go to a couple of the nicer hotels and hang out in their lobbys or pools for the day.

Upvote 0
The day of my wedding, I ran over to Wilderness Lodge to check-in at 5 a.m. They were fine with it -- obviously, I couldn't get in the room, but they had me in the system and I had my keys, so all I had to do was call for the room number later.

And as for getting a specific room or building -- call the main number for the resort you are staying in and ask for the room controller. You can give them your preferences and they will do their best to accommodate you!

Happy travels!

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I e-mailed and was told that early check in was not a problem. Your luggae would be put in your room when it became available.
Infact If memory is correct when we did it I was given a number to phone to check that our room was ready etc. They were very helpfull.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

When my wife and I fly to WDW we always get in Orlando about 10am and then shuttle to our hotel so we get to check-in about 11:30. We get out room key/park tickets and they tell us to call back anytime after 2pm to get our room number. We leave our bags with the luggage stand and go catch the first bus to a park that comes by.

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

When we went in April, we checked into the hotel at 11:00AM and were in our room by 11:15AM! If they have a room available they let you in!!! Last summer we stayed at Beach Club and when we checked in our room wasn't available so we checked our luggage and when they were checking in the luggage they found us a waterview room that was ready!! BONUS!!!

34 days and counting....:sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by SnowWhite5669
When we went in April, we checked into the hotel at 11:00AM and were in our room by 11:15AM! If they have a room available they let you in!!! Last summer we stayed at Beach Club and when we checked in our room wasn't available so we checked our luggage and when they were checking in the luggage they found us a waterview room that was ready!! BONUS!!!

That´s how I think it works. (At least at the hotel I worked at). ;)

When you make your reservation, try giving them your arrival time specially if it´s an early arrival so they put a note in the reservation, and whoever is assigning rooms the night before, will block a room that is vacant (if there is one, of course) so you can check in into it when you arrive the next day.
Sometimes it´s more of a hassle for the hotel having suitcases checked in at bell service to take to empty rooms, than finding a room and send the guests to them right away. It´s also a lot easier for the Housekeeping department. :animwink:

Good luck! Hopefully the hotel won´t be too full and they will give you the room at check-in time. :)

Upvote 0

amanda

we usually try to take an early morning flight to disney(more time to spend there!;) ) and we almost always get there before check in time(i know its 4:00 @ OKW). We've always checked in right away and they have never had a problem with it, and if our room isnt ready, they take our bags and we just go back later.

Upvote 0

Mary Ellen

Originally posted by meanmice
That was a question that I had too. When we get in it will be about 9 o'clock and I know that we won't get a room, but I was curious as to how early we could expect one. We are just going to hang out at some of the different hotels the first day. We're staying at the All Star Music because it's all we could afford, but we would like to get a first class experiance, so we plan to go to a couple of the nicer hotels and hang out in their lobbys or pools for the day.

We got to DW about 10 a.m. last year. They had a room ready so we unpacked and were off to the parks by 11. Just to let you know, you can only use the pool at the resort your staying.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Well, here's my story on early check-ins.

A fews ago we stayed in the Poly. We drove down. I've driven down before, but it had been a few years. I didn't know the speed litits had changed so much. Thus, we ended up at Disney at about 7am instead of about 10am like I planned. I had planned on stopping in Daytona to see the ocean as well, but it was pitch black, so no viewing. Hence, we ended up in Disney way to early.

This was like on October 13, the year of the big birthday cake castle, so the celebration was just getting started. Which translates to...full resort, no rooms open yet.

We were to tired to do Disney, but they did check us in at 7am, and we slept on the lobby couches for a few hours until our room was read at about 10:30 am. Not a good start to honeymoon.

But they made it up to us with some free stuff and surprises, so in all we made out.

Upvote 0

chasraz

I usually stay at CBR . I like to fly in early 7am or so get to the resort by 8am . There has never been a problem getting my room right then . Of course I don't know how the other resorts handle it .

Upvote 0

jmarc63

One thing to consider weather you are able to get into you room eariler than the listed check-in time is weather you room has been cleaned. The most common reason for not being able to get in before sometimes is that the room they assigned to your stay hasn't been pass inspection from househeeping and the desk wont let you in your room untill it does or the official check-in, sometimes you can get lucky by just calling ahead, but they have no problem regestering you and taking you bagage and setting it up for you in your room while you enjoy the rest of WDW, then after you get back then you won't have to hassel with checking in later

Upvote 0

BossBrody

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies!

What I really wanted to know was if I show up at , say 5am, to check-in, if that'll be a problem. Since I am staying at 4 different resorts in Oct, I figured if I show up early in the morning at the next resort to register, I would have a better chance of getting the room location I want. (I understand I won't actually get into the room till much later.)
Just seems like a good idea to get up and register at the next resort before the wife and kids wake up for that days adventures!

I also heard that Disney will transfer your luggage for you. Has anyone done this? Is it a good idea or not? Don't want to lose anything enroute!

thanks again for all the help!

Upvote 0

EmeraldDolphin

For specific rooms I wouldn't rely on early check-in. Call each specific resort after it has left central reservations, and arrives at the resort itself. That's the best way to put in a specific room request. I haven't had experience with transferring luggage to a different resort... but I've heard that they do.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by meanmice
Please search and read other thread on the subject of pool hopping. It is really not allowed unless you are a DVC member. It would be nice to visit the other resorts, but the pool is for the guests of that resort only. Please be courteous. (Smoke coming out of my mickey ears.:mad:

Upvote 0

meanmice

Originally posted by marypopmom
Please search and read other thread on the subject of pool hopping. It is really not allowed unless you are a DVC member. It would be nice to visit the other resorts, but the pool is for the guests of that resort only. Please be courteous. (Smoke coming out of my mickey ears.:mad:

Well, we wouldn't be using the pools as much as taking a look around at what the other hotels have to offer. Sorry if I angered you.

Upvote 0

Mary Ellen

Originally posted by marypopmom

Can't we all just get along. :(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom