How early do YOU arrive at Fantasmic?

noname70

Original Poster
Hello all-I am going to WDW for the first time in "off season" (early Jan) and I was wondering if this time of year changes your typical arrival time to get a center seat at Fantasmic.
I was considering the Dinner Package but I've read on these boards that the seating isn't that great (off to the side) and I thought that maybe w/smaller crowds the line up might be lessened.
Any thoughts?

barnum42

Off Season I stroll in with about five minutes to spare. It's easy to find a single seat, or stand at the back. But if you want a choice position it may be a different matter.

rjwalter

Still packs out!

I've been many times during off season and my experience has been that it still gets pretty crowded. If you want a center seat I would say 45min to an hour. There is only one showing this time of year so most people go.

peter11435

When its busy I usualy go about 30-35 minutes before the show. I usualy get a seat towards the end but I am fine with that. When it is slow I never arrive more than 10 minutes ahead. I have seen the show dozens of times and only been turned away twice.

BRER STITCH

Why take any chances? :veryconfu

If you like Fantasmic and only have one chance to see it, get there an hour before and guarantee yourself a good seat when they open the theater!

It's a great time to wind down a bit at the end of a busy day. You can grab a burger or pizza on your way to the theater or buy some food at the many refreshment stands inside after you are seated.

Take your time, do some people watching, talk with your family/friends, plan your next day, or simply close your eyes and enjoy the Disney music they play before the show.

An hour goes by pretty fast and you will have no regrets about getting there too late.

Also, in my opinion, the Dinner Package seating to the right side of the theater is in some ways better than sitting in the middle. You have clear sight lines of the entire stage, whereas the center seats often have much of the stage blocked by smoke from the effects. I got some awesome pictures from over there last time. (If you want to, you can also see some of the magic that makes the show work from over there!) :animwink:

Don't cut yourself short on time....an hour wait with great seats vs. a 20 minute wait with less desirable seating is not a good gamble - no matter which season it is.

RELAX and ENJOY!!!

:wave:

Yanks07

noname70 said:
Hello all-I am going to WDW for the first time in "off season" (early Jan) and I was wondering if this time of year changes your typical arrival time to get a center seat at Fantasmic.
I was considering the Dinner Package but I've read on these boards that the seating isn't that great (off to the side) and I thought that maybe w/smaller crowds the line up might be lessened.
Any thoughts?
Take it from experience, that time of year dress warm at night. Enjoy the show, seen it 12 times and love it. 1/2 hr. for me. :xmas:

hcswingfield

We go early, get good seats in the center, and then eat dinner from the concession stand. The turkey roll ups are tasty, fit into our diet, reasonably priced, and very filling. Who could ask for more?

dxwwf3

Even in the summer, about 5-10 minutes before. If there are two shows, we always see the 2nd show and usually don't have a problem getting in. The standing room area is underrated. You can see the show very well and you can sit down until it starts. AND if you are in the SRO section to the right (as you walk in) you will be the first ones out at the end.

AEfx

If there is a second show, unless it's a holiday or other special event you will be fine showing up 15-20 minutes early (so you don't have to run into the theater).

On nights with only one showing, I only do the Fantasmic Dinner package. It's just not worth fighting throngs of people to me, and I hate, hate, hate sitting on those sort of uncomfortable benches waiting. I usually plan it as my "big" night out at the Derby, but Hollywood and Vine offers a cheaper package.

I find it a great way to combine two activities into one easy-to-use package.

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom