How does the Shell on Vineland stay in business?

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Original Poster
$5.99/gal for regular. More than twice the price on Disney property.

cmwade77

If it is anything like out here in California, it is that they make the bulk of their money from the convenience store and are legally required to sell gasoline. The problem out here is if they sell over a certain volume, they have to upgrade their pumps and fuel delivery system every so many years and it is too costly, so they meet the legal requirements by selling gas at an outrageous price to try to avoid selling gas.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Original Poster
If it is anything like out here in California, it is that they make the bulk of their money from the convenience store and are legally required to sell gasoline. The problem out here is if they sell over a certain volume, they have to upgrade their pumps and fuel delivery system every so many years and it is too costly, so they meet the legal requirements by selling gas at an outrageous price to try to avoid selling gas.

That actually makes sense.

Dory71

That is exactly what I have heard.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
WOW..thats still going on. I pulled in there about 5 years ago - I laughed and left. Certain that that place would be out of business soon. Guess I was wrong. That's an awful lot of cigs, beer, and ice cream sandwiches they must be selling.

Victor Kelly

A friend of mine says that gas station near the airport do this, but stations right up the street from those are regular priced.

They eece the tourists that don't know better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom