• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

How does the Shell on Vineland stay in business?

Advertisement
lol at those prices it's easy to stay in business
I'm surprised at how reasonable the gas station on property by Downtown Disney is.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
They prey on International tourists who 1) are not used to USDs, 2) don't know what gas should cost in the US, and 3) are used to buying gas by the liter and can't quickly convert.

cmwade77

If it is anything like out here in California, it is that they make the bulk of their money from the convenience store and are legally required to sell gasoline. The problem out here is if they sell over a certain volume, they have to upgrade their pumps and fuel delivery system every so many years and it is too costly, so they meet the legal requirements by selling gas at an outrageous price to try to avoid selling gas.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Original Poster
If it is anything like out here in California, it is that they make the bulk of their money from the convenience store and are legally required to sell gasoline. The problem out here is if they sell over a certain volume, they have to upgrade their pumps and fuel delivery system every so many years and it is too costly, so they meet the legal requirements by selling gas at an outrageous price to try to avoid selling gas.
That actually makes sense.

Top Bottom