How does Everest rate on the intense-o-meter?

maelstrom

If you can handle RNRC, I think you can do Everest. I've never done RNRC, but I love BTMRR and will reluctantly go on SM, and Everest is more intense than both. And I know RNRC is more intense than SM and BTMRR. So there is my reasoning.

I went on Everest in June and I was terrified and came off it feeling kind of sick. I won't be doing it again. But I'm not really a coaster person as indicated by my previous statements.

NadieMasK2

Original Poster
and the verdict is....

We LOVED it! Omg it was so incredible! Just thought i would follow up. Everest was fantastic. We all rode it 3 times in one morning and still wished we had ridden more! As far as the heights, I learned to not look over the sides of the lift and the rest was no problem. I am so glad i gave it a try. It's now my new favorite coaster! The theming is so well done, they really got it right with this one!

DigitalDisney

EE looks bigger than it really is. There are two big drops in the ride, and you can see one of them from the outside. The entire ride is smooth, and there aren't any big launches or anything like that. The entire ride is gravity powered

If EE has at least gotten your interest, you should go ahead and ride it. If it is too intense for you, those moments will be very brief. EE's hardly a G-force machine.

imagineersrock

We LOVED it! Omg it was so incredible! Just thought i would follow up. Everest was fantastic. We all rode it 3 times in one morning and still wished we had ridden more! As far as the heights, I learned to not look over the sides of the lift and the rest was no problem. I am so glad i gave it a try. It's now my new favorite coaster! The theming is so well done, they really got it right with this one!
So glad to hear you guys enjoyed it!

Alztybrn

I LOVE coasters...and consider the coasters at WDW to be on the "tame" side. That being said...I struggle with the backwards part of Everest. I can ride coasters all day, heights, turns, loops etc...with no problem...I just have a problem with circles...and backwards, so just another bit of advice.

bayoutinkbelle

Sorry to read that so many of you had problems with the backwards portion of EE. That is my very favorite part of the ride. I can only hang on and enjoy the feeling and I laugh uncontrollably. It's like someone is tickling my stomach and I can't stop them.

I think EE is very smooth, much more so the RnR. RnR tossed my head about something fierce on this last trip (which, sadly, ended Sunday). Both my friend and I noticed that our heads hit the restraints a lot on the ride. I don't know if it's because of where we sat on the ride (near the front, probably third or fourth car back). I still love the ride, though. :D

Alztybrn

I do agree...RnR has definately gotten rougher over the last few years. Is this something that can be fixed with a refurb of the cars?

ablasko

Not a Chicken Liver but....

This will be our 1st trip to WDW and this is my 1st post on this site. :wave: We leave for WDW tomorrow. I am not a rollercoaster fan and I tend to nearly faint on rides. At the age of 14 my parents had to carry me off of Space Mountain @ WDL (CA). I am now 30 and still have this problem. I am not a Chicken Liver but just can not physically handle intense rides. I love TMR and will try again SM again. However, now that I have been reading all of your posts, should I ride EE or RR? :confused:

EpcotServo

EE looks bigger than it really is. There are two big drops in the ride, and you can see one of them from the outside. The entire ride is smooth, and there aren't any big launches or anything like that. The entire ride is gravity powered

If EE has at least gotten your interest, you should go ahead and ride it. If it is too intense for you, those moments will be very brief. EE's hardly a G-force machine.
Hey, It does pull 5 G's during the turn from the helix to the brake zone right before the Yeti. (And during the first turn in the backwards part.) It just dosen't feel as bad because you don't feel it as long as you sometimes do on other coasters. But I agree. I hate it when I see people bail out in line. Because they're really missing out on a great ride! glad you enjoyed your trip to the Forbidden Mountain, NadieMasK2!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom