How does disney's Child Swap work?

hansel1

Original Poster
My wife and I will have our then 9 month old son with us in January for our annual disney trip.

I understand that disney offers some sort of "child swap" that allows some in your group to wait at the rides departure point with the child while the grownups ride and then they switch.

Am I correct?

What rides offer this?

Do you need special passes or tickets?

Laura

Premium Member
I actually haven't ever encountered this type of child swap.

Normally what happens is you tell the CM at the beginning of the queue that you'd like a "rider switch pass". They will give you the pass and you ride the ride and then give the pass to your wife when you get off and she gets to wait in the fastpass lane while you watch the baby.

jenbierling

Child Swap is great when you have a little one! We were on our second trip with my daughter before I found out about it, and I so wish I'd known the first time!

Any ride that has height restrictions or other restrictions they should be able to do the child swap pass. Seems to depend on the ride whether you get the swap pass at the beginning or the end. Ask at the beginning, and they'll either give you a pass then, or tell you where to pick it up at the end. The other person with you just then uses the pass like a fast pass in the fast pass line. When we went crowds weren't very bad, so I don't remember doing a child swap anywhere other than attractions that had fastpass, so I'm not sure where you go if there's no fastpass line. But, the CM will tell you, just don't be afraid to ask!

Have fun!

hrcollectibles

The first time I heard about child swap i thought it was like wife swap... where yuo trade kids.... :brick:Thanx for posting this question. My g/f and I will be doing this this year ..

Mr_Tom_Morrow

I'm going out to WDW for the weekend the end of the month

We're going to EPCOT first since my friend has never been she has a 1 yr old daughter,now would this apply on say Ellens Energy Adventure,I was thiking about it because I know the Big Bang portion of the movie is VERY loud and wouldn't want her daughter to have to go through that

happymom52003

It is great. But it does seem to work differently at different rides, so we just always ask the cm and they tell us what to do. Most of the time they gave us the child swap pass that is just like a fast pass. My oldest child got the greatest benefit because he got to ride twice in a row....once with each parent while the other parent waited with the baby.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I thought the Disney child swap was when your child misbehaves, you drop him off at the beginning of IASW and then pick out a new one as you travel through the attraction. :lookaroun

JWG

I thought the Disney child swap was when your child misbehaves, you drop him off at the beginning of IASW and then pick out a new one as you travel through the attraction. :lookaroun

Yea, we tried that... we couldn't get ours to stand still on display for the next round of adults to preview for possible swap... they made us take our back :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom