How does Dinosaur work?

Mouse's Magic

Original Poster
Does anyone have any knowledge or know of a website that can give me information on how Dinosaur is run from a technological standpoint? I have to do a report concerning this and it would be a big help. Thanx alot!

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Mouse's Magic
Does anyone have any knowledge or know of a website that can give me information on how Dinosaur is run from a technological standpoint? I have to do a report concerning this and it would be a big help. Thanx alot!

Ok...well, the coordinates are set into the rover...the rover goes back through time reentering RIGHT BEFORE the asteroid that killed off all the dinosaurs hits...then the rover goes through some rough terrain (kinda like a Jeep in them there commercials) and it gets stuck in some mud, the 4wheel drive kicks in...and it speeds up and goes BACK TO THE FUTURE right before the asteroid actually hits...

I hope this helps for your report :lol: (sorry, had to do it)

Testtrack321

Dino uses hydrolics to move the top half of the vehicle around. This is the part of the ride that the people ride on. It simulates rought terrane and the swinging of bridges for example. The bottom part moves the whole system around. It follows a track similar to Test Track around attraction.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Re: Re: How does Dinosaur work?

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
goes BACK TO THE FUTURE right before the asteroid actually hits

but Brian... where's the Flux Capacitor?!?!?

GaryT977

Originally posted by Testtrack321
Dino uses hydrolics to move the top half of the vehicle around. This is the part of the ride that the people ride on. It simulates rought terrane and the swinging of bridges for example. The bottom part moves the whole system around. It follows a track similar to Test Track around attraction.

I thought the ride system was similar to the one used in the Indy attraction at Disneyland?

kaos

Originally posted by GaryT977
I thought the ride system was similar to the one used in the Indy attraction at Disneyland?

it's identical to the one used in Indy...
Test track is an actual electric car.

Testtrack321

And both are the same type of ride vehicles, EMV. Test Track just looses the hydrolic motion and replaces it with a low-rider high-speed car. But the base platform on Dino is very much like Test Track in terms that it follows a track that supplies power to it.

Blizz

Re: Re: Re: How does Dinosaur work?

Originally posted by mkt
but Brian... where's the Flux Capacitor?!?!?

(in a Doc Brown voice)
Yes of course, Novemember 5, 1955, that was the day Walt Disney first discovered time travel.

Phew, dinosaur, this is heavy....

Yen_Sid1

Actually there is an electric motor on the Dinosaur vehicles that turns the hydraulic pump to produce 3000 pounds of pressure that uses that for propulsion and to move the actuators for the motion base

tj229er

Re: Re: Re: Re: How does Dinosaur work?

Originally posted by Blizz
(in a Doc Brown voice)
Yes of course, Novemember 5, 1955, that was the day Walt Disney first discovered time travel.

Phew, dinosaur, this is heavy....
There's that word again "heavy"is there somthing wrong with the earth's gravitation pull in the future?

LoriMistress

Just a bunch of robots and props. When my dh and I were on the ride, right when you are about to go back into the present the ride broke. We were able to see what the ride really looked like. For the lights that takes you back into the present there were chicken wiring and christmas lights. Plus, you saw a few props standing up on either black boxes or poles.

raven

Originally posted by LoriMistress
Just a bunch of robots and props. When my dh and I were on the ride, right when you are about to go back into the present the ride broke. We were able to see what the ride really looked like. For the lights that takes you back into the present there were chicken wiring and christmas lights. Plus, you saw a few props standing up on either black boxes or poles.

Yeah. That's the easiest way to do it since you never see them anyway. The HM is full of things like that too. You imagination fills in the rest of the gaps. Actually it's just big empty rooms you go through.

I saw some pictures once when the lights were on. They had black walls with a few fake plants and mesh rope holding things in place.

daniam2188

in case ur interested... there was an article in disney magizine a few issues back entitled "ride operater for a day" or sumthing like that. where a reporter went to dinosaur and they sorta went into how it worked

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom