How do YOU tour the MK?

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
We are going next week for a quick trip. I only have one full day in each park with three children who want to do it all. What do you hit first? I am also wondering about the HM, It is supposed to open that day so it may be packed. What should I do?? I am so used to going back several times that I am now about to panic. HELP!!:lol:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Sit down with everyone who's going and make a list of 5 or 6 MUST DO's for each park - ie that everyone agrees on. After that do / see whatever you fancy and / or have time for. This way everyone stays happy

RiversideBunny

The Dumbo ride can take up a lot of your time.
Try to hit it very early, first thing on EMH morning if possible.

Then do the other rides in that area like Peter Pan and Pooh early.

Use FastPass a lot.

Get them up and in the parks when they open.

Good luck.
:)

bcornette

I would have everyone vote for which park they would like to do more than once. Then, unless you use evening EMH at Animal Kingdom, you have from 5pm until 9:00 at another park since AK closes so early.
Definitely take advantage morning EMH the parks are nearly empty at the beginning of morning magic hours.

Churro_Jet

In the Magic Kingdom I'd sit down with everyone and Pick a MUST DO in EACH LAND. after you do those you can start back at Tomorrowland and Do all the other non-popular or Non-Must do's. The others are the same but no lands, so choose the most popular to do IN THE MORNING.:eek: :sohappy:

doop

The one thing I always do first in the MK is grab a fastpass for Splash Mountain, just because the lines can get so insane during the day (at least in April they do). Usually after that we'll take a ride on HM or BTMRR.

coltow

I agree pick your top 10 at MK and maybe 6 or 7 at the other parks and make sure to do those. Any attractions after that will be bonus. Also make sure to take full advantage of fast passes.

hansel1

We are going next week for a quick trip. I only have one full day in each park with three children who want to do it all. What do you hit first? I am also wondering about the HM, It is supposed to open that day so it may be packed. What should I do?? I am so used to going back several times that I am now about to panic. HELP!!:lol:

The haunted mansion is scheduled to open the 12th, so I would make that one of the early attractions that you hit in the morning.

Laura

Premium Member
It's been a while since I've attempted to do MK in a single day.

Here's what I'd do....

Make a time chart, giving yourself a certain amount of time to complete each "land". For example, something like this:

9:00-10:30 - Fantasyland
10:30-1:00 - Tomorrowland
1:00-2:00 - Lunch
2:00-3:30 - Liberty Square/Afternoon Parade
3:30-6:30 - Adventureland
6:30-7:30 - Dinner
7:30-9:30 - Frontierland
9:30-10:30 - Fireworks (assuming Wishes at 10 p.m.)

Within each land rank the attractions favorite to least favorite and do them in that order (use fastpass for whichever one in each land has the longest wait). When your time in that land is up move onto the next one.

hcswingfield

If your children are small, and want to do the "dark rides" in Fantasy Land (Peter Pan, Pooh, Snow White) you should do those very first thing (and get there as soon as the park opens!) The lines for these get long in a hurry. If they are older and want some of the more action-packed rides, start in Tomorrowland. Get a fast pass for Buzz Lightyear on your way to Space Mountain. Then ride Buzz and head over to Splash Mountain. If the line is already long, get another fast pass and ride Big Thunder and Haunted Mansion while you wait. Finish up at Adventureland and do Pirates and (if you love it like I do) Jungle Cruise, adding in Tiki Room and Dole Whip as time permits. Later in the day you can head back to Fantasy Land and do whatever you can get into there, like Philharmagic and the dark rides.

DABIGCHEEZ

<P>I would definatly do as Lorimistress says and get to the park early so you are there at opening (EMH even better). The crowds shouldn't be too bad and you should be able to get the must dos done with little or no wait times. We did this at MK a few weeks ago and Splash, BTMRR, and Space Mt. had 10 min waits at the most.</P>

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
The haunted mansion is scheduled to open the 12th, so I would make that one of the early attractions that you hit in the morning.

My thinking exactly. My guess is that it is going to be packed, even in Sept. I was thinking about sending hubby to get fastpasses for Splash and we go to HM to get into line. He wont mind missing HM. I think with FP we will be fine for the rest of the day with everything else. I don't know.... I am so excited, worried and nervous that I can't sleep for just thinking about this trip. It's 3:41 am.... I'm to excited to sleep!!!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom