How do you save for your WDW gettaways?

TALON819

I embezzle money from my wife to save. We both work full time, but she pays all the bills and gives me an allowence every week. So whatever I dont use gets saved, but she always asks me what i do with the money every week. I just shrug my shoulders and say, i dont know. The best part is, I hide it under her side of the mattress. She will never find it there. When I have enough, i just put the cash in an envelope, and draw Mickey heads all over it and fill it with sparkles and the reservations. When I give it to her, i get yelled at because it takes a month to vacuum all the sparkles out of the carpet.

earldw28

I know this might sound crazy but every time I get a few bucks I change the paper money for qaurters and put the quarters in one of those huge pickle jars and just keep doing that until its time to go then I will either roll it all back up myself or just put it in one of those coinstar machines and take the 8% hit for that. The reason for the quarters is so I wont be tempted to spend it when I need a few bucks. It would be a pain to go digging out the quarters every time I needed a little money. I am going with the paper money in the envelope hidden in my house this time for my October trip and its working OK.

EvilQueen81

In the past we have used our tax refund, a few times we just saved and saved until we had enough to pay for the trip and spending money. We also just put a little back at the end of the month. When we went in December I shopped for Christmas extra early so that would not be an issue with money when we got back.:)

TakeMe2TheMagic

We saved all of our change and cashed it in before our honeymoon trip last year. I was hoping to have enough money for tipping mousekeeping and to leave a little extra for wait staff for our table service meals. (we were on the dinning plan when tips were still included) Well I ended up with enough money to do that, we were also able to buy 2 new disney watches a piece and do some Christmas shopping for family members. It all adds up. Anyway I have a question, I read that there are a few people who are doing surveys online. Can someone send me a PM with a name of a website I can do this for. I have signed up for a few online survey sites before but never got anything. I guess I just haven't found a site that was ligament.

Thanks

David

When I cross sell products at my job, we get paid x amount, depending on how much we sell during the month. That usually comes to $425.00/month, so I just put that back for Disney.

mrerk

Premium Member
Tax returns pay the bulk of it. Change jar, birthday/Christmas cash & DVC referral bonus take care of the spending money.

teej

I do the change thing to...also I buy things for friends when I am out and they give me the cash....ie....if we go for a meal, bowling...By doing this I never need to go to my bank and draw out money...I find that I save heaps...It works really well for me

mickeymaniacs

My husband and I also use the change jar idea, we use our tax return to pay for air fair and park tickets, but we save money by going with family and we all rent a house together and split the cost which helps cut down on costs because we eat at the house instead of eating out all the time.We got a huge 7 bed house for this year and it broke down to about $500 a family.:ROFLOL:

kasey1988

Ive started to use cash intesad of debt and put all that change in a jar at the end of the week, that money adds up really quick.
Also, For any university students out there, or in general, i live on campus and was required to buy a meal plan. All the beverages come in bottles or cans, so instead of throwing them out ive started saving them all, they really add up to, probally 3-5 a day for the whole school year..

santa's surpriz

I do the change thing too. I also use BOA "Keep the Change" program. Automatically rounds rounds "credit"purchases from debit card to the nearest dollar and automatically transfers to my checking. I deposit my monthly mileage re-imbursements/expense checks to a separate "Disney Fund" and Flexible Spending (medical and dependant) reimursement checks also go to that savings account. ING Direct has a great savings account that pays above 3% for all balances and no fees.

TIGERBEAR1

We save All the $1 Coins and $2 dollar Bills in a jar and throw a few more dollars in as well. Whatever is in the jar we take with us to Disneyland each trip up to Anaheim and load it on to Loadable Disney Gift cards. We are Disneyland Passholders so we go maybe twice a month.
We started doing this in August, so now we have about $2500.00.
Also every payday I try to buy a $25 Restaurant or Gas gift card.Red Lobster, Sizzler,Outback, Mc Donald's, Chevron... Anything That I can use for my off resort expences.
We purchase all our Theme park tickets in advance so we don't have to worry about those expences near our departure time.
We managed to get free airline tickets by redeeming airmiles.
We stay off property, becouse we get a great resort rate with my fathers Time share membership. We try to Pre-pay for every detail before we leave.

44 Days and counting... not going fast enough!!1:brick:

Yes, change is good...but I also save my $1 bills...you'd be surprised how quickly they add up, and you don't miss them...I just stick them in a safe place at the end of the day, just like I do with my change in the change jar...

k.hunter30

Call me crazy, but we just make a budget and stick to it. :shrug::lol: After we budget for our living expenses, the extra money first goes to retirement, and what's left after that goes to whatever we're saving for at the moment (be it a WDW trip, car, furniture, etc.) :D

maggiegrace1

Call me crazy, but we just make a budget and stick to it.After we budget for our living expenses, the extra money first goes to retirement, and what's left after that goes to whatever we're saving for at the moment (be it a WDW trip, car, furniture, etc.) :D
CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

I think that is the smartest thing to do but a lot of people just can not do that.:shrug:especially with kids and unexpected expenses.

I just prefer being rich..and then I do not have to save...:D:cool::lol:

k.hunter30

CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hammer:

:ROFLOL:

I think that is the smartest thing to do but a lot of people just can not do that.:shrug:especially with kids and unexpected expenses.

I just prefer being rich..and then I do not have to save...:D:lol:
:lol: Oh, when we have kids, we'll be even more sure to keep on budget! ;)

Being rich, huh...? I'd like to try that. (We will be one day... saving pays off! :king: but not so much now...:eek:)
Any pointers? ;)

maggiegrace1

:lol: Oh, when we have kids, we'll be even more sure to keep on budget! ;)

Being rich, huh...? I'd like to try that. (We will be one day... saving pays off! :king: but not so much now...:eek:)
Any pointers? ;)
:lol:
Pointers huh?

Well..I like going the inheritance route..it works pretty well..:):lookaroun

:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom