How do you rate the Universal Halloween event?

EvanAnderson

There's security and police all over HHN (at the entrances and exit to every house, and some of the rides). I remember reading a story about a HHN a couple years ago. A guy had a drink and let his underraged daughter have a drink of it, and a police officer saw it and was going to ban him for a year, but the guy put up a fight, and it escalated to a lifetime ban.

NowInc

I think what was left out also is that at HHN more HARD liquor is served...jagermeister, long island iced teas etc....which gets people drunk faster.

I'm not about to generalize and say that UNI's attendees are more "thugish"..but it does draw more of a teens-mid 20s appeal that disney (the "disney isnt cool" mentality). To Universals credit..they have top notch security at these events, so if someone does get too out of hand, they will be quickly removed.

Bravo 229

I think what was left out also is that at HHN more HARD liquor is served...jagermeister, long island iced teas etc....which gets people drunk faster.

I'm not about to generalize and say that UNI's attendees are more "thugish"..but it does draw more of a teens-mid 20s appeal that disney (the "disney isnt cool" mentality). To Universals credit..they have top notch security at these events, so if someone does get too out of hand, they will be quickly removed.

They walk around and sell shots in the queues (not complaining at all) as opposed to having to walk from Country to Country in WS, it makes it a lot easier to get drunk. On a related note, the Jello shots were excellent!

AswaySuller

It's a different event it does draw a different crowd.
People saying that there are drunks there isn't an attack on universal
It's a night-time event so people are automatically going to be drinking more than they would in the day. Hell I even had a couple of beers when I went.
Universal do also push the booze on you... people selling drinks in the lines, shots in syringes, and booze carts EVERYWHERE.

It's not a frat party at Universal...
It's not enough to put (me off at least)....
It depends how much patience you have.
I'm still in my 20's so I guess I'm still target audience.
But the event is aimed at the sort of people you'd find in a club at city walk rather than at cypress gardens!

Rowdy

Verbatim.

It's a different event it does draw a different crowd.
People saying that there are drunks there isn't an attack on universal
It's a night-time event so people are automatically going to be drinking more than they would in the day. Hell I even had a couple of beers when I went.
Universal do also push the booze on you... people selling drinks in the lines, shots in syringes, and booze carts EVERYWHERE.

Exactly. All I was saying is it's a "cooler" more "party" atmosphere than say, Mickey's not so scary Halloween party. Not a knock on Universal at all. Actually, props that they can draw the crowd and make it fun for the younger people.

Slipknot

Verbatim.

Exactly. All I was saying is it's a "cooler" more "party" atmosphere than say, Mickey's not so scary Halloween party.

Um. Only real "party" feel would be Bill and Ted's Halloween show. The rest has nothing even close to a "party atmosphere" at all.

joanna71985

Last year was my first year doing HHN, and I loved it! I can't wait to go again this year! Already have my Frequent Fear Plus pass

Slipknot

..in your opinion.

You heard mine.

There's a reason party is in quotations. Don't be so literal.

Ok. Are you referring to the event itself or some idiot guests who make it feel like a "party" to you? Just trying to get a feel from where you are coming from here. :wave:

AswaySuller

If i'm honest it kinda felt like a party atmosphere to me.....
It felt like going to a carnival or fair.... Not USF

and I loved it.

Rowdy

Ok. Are you referring to the event itself or some idiot guests who make it feel like a "party" to you? Just trying to get a feel from where you are coming from here.

This isn't even a conversation anymore. If you don't understand, than you won't.

If i'm honest it kinda felt like a party atmosphere to me.....
It felt like going to a carnival or fair.... Not USF

and I loved it.

Exactly. It's certainly not a bad thing.

Slipknot

This isn't even a conversation anymore. If you don't understand, than you won't.

You are right. Why don't you want to have a conversation about it? Is it that hard to explain it? What is so hard to explain or understand? At least try and explain it rather than assuming I can't see where you are coming from. :hammer: :rolleyes:

Rowdy

You are right. Why don't you want to have a conversation about it? Is it that hard to explain it? What is so hard to explain or understand? At least try and explain it rather than assuming I can't see where you are coming from. :hammer: :rolleyes:

Your condescending manner isn't exactly fun to have a conversation with.

bobjl527

My wife and I will be attending our 8th HHN this October. We have gone every year since 2006. We are in the older category. Late 30's, early 40's and we love it! Yes, they do sell quite a bit of alcohol and some younger people can get obnoxious. However, I have noticed that the presence of the Orlando police has cut down on the drunken hijinx. Just like any other event where alcohol is served, you are going to get some people who like to over do it and act crazy. For the most part, it's just young adults having fun.

The haunted houses and scare zones are top notch. They do have security in the houses, mostly for emergencies and to protect the scareactors. I do not find them to take away from the atmosphere of the haunted house.

The Bill & Ted Show does get rowdy. Especially the final show of the night. However, they do warn you that it is not suitable for young children. For adults, the show is great and pokes a lot of fun at current events, pop culture and even Universal itself.

I suggest going on a Sunday or Thursday. My wife and I can see all the shows and houses in one night. However, we do get the "Stay and Scream" option on our admission. Basically, you are permitted to stay in a certain area while they empty the park of other guests. You then have access to certain houses before the open the gates for the actual event. Usually 45 minutes before. We are able to get half of the houses done in this time period and the longest we ever had to wait in line was about 30 minutes.

Can't wait to return! :sohappy:

Captain Chaos

My wife and I will be attending our 8th HHN this October. We have gone every year since 2006. We are in the older category. Late 30's, early 40's and we love it! Yes, they do sell quite a bit of alcohol and some younger people can get obnoxious. However, I have noticed that the presence of the Orlando police has cut down on the drunken hijinx. Just like any other event where alcohol is served, you are going to get some people who like to over do it and act crazy. For the most part, it's just young adults having fun.

The haunted houses and scare zones are top notch. They do have security in the houses, mostly for emergencies and to protect the scareactors. I do not find them to take away from the atmosphere of the haunted house.

The Bill & Ted Show does get rowdy. Especially the final show of the night. However, they do warn you that it is not suitable for young children. For adults, the show is great and pokes a lot of fun at current events, pop culture and even Universal itself.

I suggest going on a Sunday or Thursday. My wife and I can see all the shows and houses in one night. However, we do get the "Stay and Scream" option on our admission. Basically, you are permitted to stay in a certain area while they empty the park of other guests. You then have access to certain houses before the open the gates for the actual event. Usually 45 minutes before. We are able to get half of the houses done in this time period and the longest we ever had to wait in line was about 30 minutes.

Can't wait to return! :sohappy:

I'm going on a Thursday night this year and have the stay and Scream option... Me thinks I made a good choice based on your post!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom