How do you rank the lands in Magic Kingdom, and what is the best land? (poll)

What is the best land in Magic Kingdom?

• Main Street U.S.A.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • Adventureland

Votes: 44 20.2%
  • Frontierland

Votes: 75 34.4%
  • Liberty Square

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Fantasyland

Votes: 29 13.3%
  • Tomorrowland

Votes: 36 16.5%

• Total voters

UpAllNight

Tomorrowland has the vibe I enjoy the most (it’s actually the best Tomorrowland out of the versions I’ve been to)...Frontierland for attractions

I really think Adventureland is poor. It lacks the style of Disneyland Paris, and the adventure of a top quality ride like Indiana Jones like in Anaheim. Pirates feels weak after being on those 2 versions, and watching videos of Shanghai and is the anchor attraction in WDW.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Right............I was just looking at it "upside down" basically. That has to be taken when the park was closed, it would never be that empty.
f
I'm unhappy with all of them compared to Disneyland :/ I hate to say that but every single one of these lands is done better in Disneyland
couldn’t agree more. disneyland is the best disney park in the world next to disneysea!

Animaniac93-98

Liberty Square is the best because it is mostly unique to The Magic Kingdom*, has two of its original E-tickets, the park's best counter service restaurant, and an appreciation for history and culture that goes beyond the branded world of Disney. It's specific origins go back to the original Disneyland and the broader philosophy that the park should be more than just Mickey Mouse and carnival rides. The interior of Liberty Tree Tavern is incredibly charming, especially the fireplace and staircase in the lobby, and I personally love the 1980 music loop that has thankfully been returned to the land.

It's one of those special "they'll never build this again" places.

A shame the Keelboats and most of the good shops and fife and drum corps are gone.

*Tokyo Disneyland's Haunted Mansion is copied from Florida, as is the upper half of the riverboat dock.

UpAllNight

I thought Tomorrowland was the only area done much much better in MK....but Disneyland have their wins with the better Autopia & unique subs. The peoplemover wins it for me.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Alright Disney, so according to the above poll:
  • Main Street U.S.A.
    Votes: 78.1%
  • Adventureland
    Votes: 1214.0%
  • Frontierland
    Votes: 3136.0%
  • Liberty Square
    Votes: 1214.0%
  • Fantasyland
    Votes: 89.3%
  • Tomorrowland
    Votes: 1618.6%
Work is still needed in Fantasyland, something massive to eat crowds and disperse guests - maybe a grand darkride themed to your flagship Fantasyland IP Beauty and the Beast? It appears Main Street USA is also in need of a people eater. Might I suggest a large theater!? Adventureland it seems rounds out the low performer lands. Maybe put a real Aladdin attraction here or a much needed coaster to balance out the park?

PSM

I can’t believe anyone would prefer Tomorrowland in Disneyland over Magic Kingdom. I spent time at both recently within a couple weeks of each other and, for me, Tomorrowland was the one area of the parks I would put as a hands down winner for Magic Kingdom.

Animaniac93-98

I can’t believe anyone would prefer Tomorrowland in Disneyland over Magic Kingdom. I spent time at both recently within a couple weeks of each other and, for me, Tomorrowland was the one area of the parks I would put as a hands down winner for Magic Kingdom.

I like the submarines but with Tron opening soon MK is the one I would pick.

HoneyBee1991

I actually really like Adventure land. Pirates is a great ride, jungle cruise is fun and light hearted. You have dole whip and the tiki room. Plus I just like the layout and the atmosphere. It's also super close to frontier land which is probably my 2nd favorite land.

Sneezy62

Liberty Square! No spinner, no coaster. Almost the same as when it opened. Muppets are the only real IP disaster, but Muppets are always a good disaster. Food is good. Shops are more unique than most places. Love the riverboat!

Walt Disney1955

Liberty Square! No spinner, no coaster. Almost the same as when it opened. Muppets are the only real IP disaster, but Muppets are always a good disaster. Food is good. Shops are more unique than most places. Love the riverboat!

I am surprised I actually never knew about this show. So I looked it up and it started in 2016. I've been to Magic Kingdom twice since then, and didn't know about this show. Is it on the street somewhere in Liberty Square or is it in one of the buildings?

Liberty Square is the best because it is mostly unique to The Magic Kingdom*, has two of its original E-tickets, the park's best counter service restaurant, and an appreciation for history and culture that goes beyond the branded world of Disney. It's specific origins go back to the original Disneyland and the broader philosophy that the park should be more than just Mickey Mouse and carnival rides. The interior of Liberty Tree Tavern is incredibly charming, especially the fireplace and staircase in the lobby, and I personally love the 1980 music loop that has thankfully been returned to the land.

It's one of those special "they'll never build this again" places.

A shame the Keelboats and most of the good shops and fife and drum corps are gone.

View attachment 362433

*Tokyo Disneyland's Haunted Mansion is copied from Florida, as is the upper half of the riverboat dock.

I love this map, and I remember it because when I first went in March 1991 this was the map they had and we kept it. But I agree, Liberty Square does have its charm and has that feel of something that Disney can't screw up and water down. Similar to Frontierland in a way I guess. When we went last year the only thing that was closed was the Liberty Square Riverboat. I don't know, I've always loved it. It is a nice change of pace and sort of gives you that old-fashioned feel. The good thing about these lands is that you can't really modernize them because it wouldn't be authentic anymore.

danyoung56

I am surprised I actually never knew about this show. So I looked it up and it started in 2016. I've been to Magic Kingdom twice since then, and didn't know about this show. Is it on the street somewhere in Liberty Square or is it in one of the buildings?

It's actually inside a couple buildings -

There is also a "town crier" on the ground level who kind of leads things along. It's a really fun show - try to catch it next time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom