How do you organize a "Ship Tour"

Snowmagic

Original Poster
Hi all,
Just wondering how you do this,
The first trip we did was a 3 night cruise. We just ran out of time as for most of the 3 days we just walked around with our jaw scraping along the floor as it was so much fun just trying to 1. Realize that I was on a ship, 2. Just look at the detail everywhere you walked, 3. Just enjoy the time with family.
There was lots to be done & this is one thing I would love to do.

Cheers all.

ChuckElias

There is a walking tour of the ship, but it showcases the theming of the different areas of the ship. It's not really to familiarize your party with the layout of the ship itself. I have never heard of a private tour to "get your bearings", but you can always call DCL or ask Guest Services onboard and see if they can accommodate you.

I'd actually be very interested to hear what kind of response you get.

Snowmagic

Original Poster
There is a walking tour of the ship, but it showcases the theming of the different areas of the ship. It's not really to familiarize your party with the layout of the ship itself. I have never heard of a private tour to "get your bearings", but you can always call DCL or ask Guest Services onboard and see if they can accommodate you.

I'd actually be very interested to hear what kind of response you get.
ChuckElias,
This is exactly what I was after,The Walking Tour-not a familiarize your party tour :)
Is this something that you can book on the ship at guest services or does it need to be done elsewhere?
Has anyone done this tour?
What were your thoughts?
How long does it go for?
Is it safe for the younglings?
How many can do the tour?
Is it a first in, first serve basis?
Sorry for the questions, but really want to find out as much as we can.

Thanks all.

ChuckElias

ChuckElias,
This is exactly what I was after,The Walking Tour-not a familiarize your party tour :)
Is this something that you can book on the ship at guest services or does it need to be done elsewhere?
You don't need to book it. I think it's called the "Art of the Theme Show" tour or something similar. It's usually done on the day you board the ship and on one day at sea. It's listed in the Personal Navigator. You simply meet at the starting point and everybody who shows up gets the tour.

Has anyone done this tour?
I've done the tour on the Magic, Wonder, and Dream. I did it first on the Magic and really liked it a lot. Then on the Wonder, which was not quite as interesting because it was so similar to the Magic's tour. The Dream tour was also fantastic, because there was so much that was new.

What were your thoughts?
I would definitely recommend taking the tour. It's not a "must see", but it really was interesting and I learned a lot.

How long does it go for?
60 - 75 minutes.

Is it safe for the younglings?
Absolutely. I don't think it's listed as an adults-only event.

How many can do the tour?
My Magic tour was very large, maybe 25-30 people. But my Dream tour had only 6 of us.

Is it a first in, first serve basis?
Yes, but as you can see, they usually accommodate whoever shows up, in my experience.

Sorry for the questions, but really want to find out as much as we can.
No problem. Hope you enjoy it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom