How Do You Like the 50's Prime Time Cafe @ MGM?

RandeB

We've had a ball there with UNCLE DAVE....turned shy kids into outgoing chatterboxes.

The milkshakes are pretty darn good.

BruS

Prime Time is GREAT! Definitely worth a visit.
My family and I ate there two years ago and loved it.
We had Uncle Patrick. He showed us "photos of the family".
....HE also informed the entire restaurant that I didn't finish my
green beans and had them yell "shame, shame, shame" at me.
It's a blast!.

Jungle Skipper

I love the Prime Time! Great atmosphere...always a must for our family...

I have been with both small groups (2 to 4 people) and large groups (as many as 15) and we always have a great time! The servers are amongst the best on property! They really keep the Disney magic alive! I love the Fried Chicken...ohhh and a Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake mmmmm...PBJ Milkshake.

Jungle Josh

Thumper's Mom

I'm glad to hear good things about this! We want to try this in Dec and when I mentioned this to my sister, she told me they went in Oct. 2002 and had a horrible time! :eek: They were deliberately trying to get the waitress to interact with them (not eating vegies, keeping elbows on the table..........) and she said NOTHING to them! :hammer: My sister could hear all the other tables having a great time, but her group (6 adults and 4 kids) had no fun whatsoever!! :cry:

J

joviacdan

Originally posted by PacMan2006
Anyone been in there and ate? Surprisingly, with all the years I've gone to MGM, I haven't ate there. How do you like the theme of the restaurant? The atmosphere? What about the food?

Also, do you like it more or less than the Sci-Fi Cafe, and why? Thanks.

The atmosphere in the Prime Time is great. The food is just ok. It's worth the trip there though for the Milkshakes:slurp: :slurp: :slurp: - The best in Disney I think!!!

I love the Sci Fi Dine in!!!! We eat there at least twice every trip. The food is just ok, no better, no worse than Prime Time. It's the atmosphere that maes that place great.

SewIn2Disney

If you want to get a better look at the Prime time cafe, check your local listings on the food network. They are doing a special called Disney Unwrapped (just type in unwrapped on tvguide.com and it should come up) look for the disney one, it was on last night and i think it will be on about 3 more times this week. They do a small 5 minute segment on the Prime time cafe.

LudwigVonDrake

I LOVE THE 50'S PRIME TIME!!! The experience is AWESOME if you have a server who is into the "act". It's a load of fun and the food ain't bad either! It's not gourmet food or anything but it's actually quite good (I'm partial to Grandma's pot roast). Someone mentioned the S'mores for dessert, well I haven't had one but I can tell you the Ice Cream Sundaes are to die for :D

Go....you'll be glad you did.

DisneyBound

We loved the PTC. In fact, we ate there 3 times last year on our visit. We did Sci-Fi the year before and thought it was ok. One of those things that you should try at least once but arent upset if you miss one trip.

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by Thumper's Mom
...when I mentioned this to my sister, she told me they went in Oct. 2002 and had a horrible time! :eek: They were deliberately trying to get the waitress to interact with them (not eating vegies, keeping elbows on the table..........) and she said NOTHING to them! :hammer: My sister could hear all the other tables having a great time, but her group (6 adults and 4 kids) had no fun whatsoever!! :cry:

I have to agree with this one too....

After reading all the praise about this place, we have given it 3 chances now and had bad service and mediocre food each time.

I'm not so worried about the cast "being into it", but lets face it - it's the restaurant's gimmick! The reason for going there! I have never experienced it. In fact, we could barely understand our last two servers. Very awkward!

The food too, is overpriced (yeah, I know - WDW!) for the small quantity they offered, and it was cold each time. Nothing worse than cold fried chicken and pot roast!!!

All in all, I'd go to Sci-Fi if I had to choose from the two - ifonly to get a most delicious COOKIES AND CREAM MILKSHAKE!!!

:slurp:

Erika

We've eaten there twice: once by ourselves, and once in a group of 6. We loved it both times.

And FYI, if you want to get out of finishing your veggies, just tell your waiter they fell on the floor. That's what I said when he found them rolled up in my napkin :zipit:

aimster

A friend and I ate there last year and while the food was extremely good (and filling), it was really busy and our server wasn't really into his "role". But when we were leaving, I stopped to let a couple little kids by and another server said "Move it along, princess! Mom's got work to do!" My friend and I got a good laugh out of that.

ILOVEDISNEY

My wife and I go ever time we're at MGM. Try the meatloaf, but be sure you finish all your green beans, or you'll be in big trouble like I was last year. We took my daughter and son-in-law last week. They thought it was a hoot!!!

ILOVEDISNEY

Originally posted by Erika
We've eaten there twice: once by ourselves, and once in a group of 6. We loved it both times.

And FYI, if you want to get out of finishing your veggies, just tell your waiter they fell on the floor. That's what I said when he found them rolled up in my napkin :zipit:

Great idea about the beans, now if they only had a dog to go around each table and beg.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom