How do you kill the time?????

awalte7

Original Poster
I'm oh so excited. We leave in less than 6 days. But time is dragging.

What does everyone do to kill time for that last week(other than prowl the WDWmagic boards). I've watched the 2007 planning video and read disney websites. I looked up directions to the mini golf place in orlando I like( they serve alcohol AND let you play with golf clubs!):goodnevil.

So what else can I do? I only have 2 shifts at work this week so I have a lot of spare time and my dog is tired out from all the extra walks I've been taking her on.

:hammer:

Watch any home movies if you have any, find Disney videos on YouTube, listen to any of the online radio things that play Disney music.

Have fun!

Oh, and is your avatar at Hershey?

awalte7

Original Poster
Yes my avatar is at hershey. The ex has "custody" of our disney pics so hershey had to do for now, untill next week at least:D

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Practice-pack! :ROFLOL:

I usually pack and re-pack six or seven times in the last week... :shrug:

toledooh

4 weeks left for us.....listen to all the disney webradio stations,doing last plannings and reservations,counting the days....:)

Nansafan

I'm a list person so one of the things I do is organize and reorganize my lists. We also email trivia questions to each other to win Disney Dollars.

Simba One

I watch recorded Travel Channel shows about WDW. I also "practice" by walking a lot more in our local park. I also make a list of things to get at the store and go shopping. Sometimes I even go to the local Disney Store and buy a new shirt to wear. I look over our plans and make sure everything is primed for maximum fun! Hope you have a great time!!! :wave:

CAPTAIN HOOK

For me, when I'm at 6 days out its time to relax. All the planning is done, everything is in place EXCEPT the packing. So this is the time for the wife to do her share of the planning - washing and ironing all the clothes we'll need :ROFLOL:

What we do...

The last trip we took, I went to the local library and borrowed all the Disney movie videos I could get my hands on for the family to watch the week before we left. The kids thought I was nuts so I ended up watching them myself. I also am a Live365 listener. My favorite stations were on constantly the week before, but then they run constantly now as well. Have fun just knowing that there are those of us who are not going to be where you are going for...oh lets say...another 232 days, 2 and 1/2 hours...:king:

dragonfox98

This is why I go when I do....

I don't have any spare time before we leave!!! LOL

I am an accountant, so I plan my trips for immediately after tax deadlines. For instance, last April we left on the 20th - 3 days after the deadline. This year we leave on October19th - again 3 days after the deadline. Although, it's a bit better this time, because I have three days to complete payroll tax reports for my clients that require it.

In addition to working my butt off to keep my mind off the trip, I double-check all my bags and packed items (because, believe it or not, I am mostly packed already except for a few toiletry items and clothing pieces) and we watch a lot of Disney movies!

Hope you have a great trip!!!:wave:

To be honest, I was getting a little bored waiting myself, and the movies, and travel channel shows, and music are just starting to aggrivate me because I just want to go already!!!!

However, I only have one day left until my vacation starts!!!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

NewfieFan

Practice-pack! :ROFLOL:

I usually pack and re-pack six or seven times in the last week... :shrug:

Ok, I'm not the only one! I even practice-pack my bag for the parks!!! (A little obsessive, I know!) I also do the list thing as well. I have lists for packing, the parks, what to buy (before and after we get there), who to send postcards too, etc. Gotta have something to keep you busy or you'll go crazy waiting... but maybe I'm already crazy!?!:lookaroun

Since1976

Since we only go every two years or so, killing time is a constant, arduous task! Podcasts, web sites, park music on the stereo all fill the void somewhat. The final days before a trip are relatively easy to get through!

DisneySam

I go over and over every detail...pack and re-pack (which BTW I am glad I am not the only compulsive packer)...and get all of my pins together. That's a tradition I wait until the night before to do while I watch my planning DVD's.

My only suggestion is as soon as you get there (or your plane lands) relax and enjoy every minute of it! I am usually (like a 10 year old kid) so excited I am all over the place. I have to make myself slow down and take it all in. For example, when I check in I make myself unpack, while watching Resort TV and get settled in. Otherwise I am tempted to throw my suitcase in the room and get right over to the parks.

Have a great trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom