How do you get selected to ride in park parades?

TinkyGirl

Original Poster
This June me and my family will be going to WDW for our 3rd trip! I've noticed that there is always a family that rides in each parade and I was just wondering if there was any rhyme or reason as to how the families are selected? My 10 YO DS and 7 YO DD would love to get to ride in a parade! (Like I'm sure every other family that visits WDW would love to get to do!) :sohappy:

TinkyGirl

Original Poster
Thanks Guys!

I was afraid of that! I guess that's part of the fun of Disney; You never know what magical moments await you when you're at WDW!!Thanks again!!:)

Captain Hank

There are, actually a few magical moments you can influence to a certain extent. Did you know that you can ride up in the front cab of the monorail with the pilot? Simply ask the cast member on the loading platform, and if you are the first to ask, you can ride up front. Note that there is a strict limit of four guests in the front cab. Also, if you happen to be staying in the Wilderness Lodge, you can try to sign up to be a Flag Family. Early each morning, a family and a cast member go up on the roof of the WL and raise all of the flags. You can sign up upon check-in, but be aware that the spots go very fast, and they may already be booked for the duration of your stay.

mgoodwn

I'm afraid it is just being at the right place at the right time. Our family was selected in Sept. 2004 to ride in the Jammin' Jungle Parade at DAK. Since the Safari entrance and the entrance/exit for the parade are right next to each other and we were there about 20-30 minutes before the parade it worked for us. I must say though it was completely unplanned. It was quite the experience, as it happened on our 10th anniversary! Our 4 year old son fell asleep in my lap during the parade, but the crowd seemed to think it was real cute. As for the way we were selected, it seemed completely random. We were about to go on the Safari and a CM asked if we could do him a favor. To say the least, it was one of our best Disney memories.

JerMerBear

If you happen to know an Entertainment CM, they could ask a manager to try to get you in the DAK parade on a certain day, but it has to be in advance. If there aren't enough requests on a day, they pick people from the park. DAK has alot of guests in the parade, so thats why they are able to request it.

At the other parades, you have to be randomly chosen.

PhilharMagician

In September myself , DW and DD were selected to be in the Jingle Jungle Parade. We had matching HCOE shirts on and were walking out of Dinoland after having breakfast at Donald's Breakfastasaurus. The guys that walked up to us had CM badges, but were dressed up. I assumed they were managment. They told us to meet at the gate by the safari entrance and someone would meet us there. We then were taken backstage with like 4 other families and dressed up in holiday hats and clothes. We got to sit in the front Jeep with Rafiki. The only thing bad about it was it had started raining and the crowds were down. Now it is actually tough to be in the parade. You have to smile and keep waving the entire ride, and that gets old after about the first 5 minutes. I honestly do not know haw the characters and CM's do that every day. My hat goes off to them!!
Another nice thing they did for us is that they gave us a Kodak disposable camera and took our picture in the vehicle.

As said before. You have to be in the right place at the right time. I think the matching HCOE shirts were a little help.

Shaman

Captain Hank said:
There are, actually a few magical moments you can influence to a certain extent. Did you know that you can ride up in the front cab of the monorail with the pilot? Simply ask the cast member on the loading platform, and if you are the first to ask, you can ride up front. Note that there is a strict limit of four guests in the front cab. Also, if you happen to be staying in the Wilderness Lodge, you can try to sign up to be a Flag Family. Early each morning, a family and a cast member go up on the roof of the WL and raise all of the flags. You can sign up upon check-in, but be aware that the spots go very fast, and they may already be booked for the duration of your stay.

Cool I didn't know about the WL flags....that sounds like fun.

SpeedFigure

I know at Disneyland they usually select people about an hour before the parade. They have the 2 decker bus gather people and it starts at town hall. They usually pick people with good reasons, like a birthday, anniversary or something. Then they take you back stage and teach you a routine and then you can perform in the parade. I've done it twice in Disneyland and it's a blast! Not sure about WDW, but I'd ask someone at the information booth. Good luck!

j&bconnecticut

My wife and I were in Disney for our honeymoon back in October. While watching Cinderellabration, we were approached by a cast member and asked if we wanted to be the grand marshalls in the parade. I'm assuming that he picked us because we were wearing our bride and groom mickey hats(believe me, as silly as they look, it's so worth wearing them...they treat you so special).

TinkyGirl

Original Poster
Oh, I'm so jealous!!

I'm so jealous, but honestly I have had so much magic and fun with my DH, DS and DD the last two times we were at WDW that if we never got the chance to ride in a parade it would be OK. Thanks again for all of your replies!!

d'Isigny

JerMerBear said:
If you happen to know an Entertainment CM, they could ask a manager to try to get you in the DAK parade on a certain day, but it has to be in advance. If there aren't enough requests on a day, they pick people from the park. DAK has alot of guests in the parade, so thats why they are able to request it.

At the other parades, you have to be randomly chosen.

My wife would absolutely die to be a part of the AK parade. She loves it!!

Who do I have to bribe?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Although as was said, it is ultimately luck, many who have taken the Steam Train tour (before MK opens) report having been selected for the parade. Often it is enhanced by them being a decent sized group or being dressed alike.

WhyteAL

This may be a little off? But does anyone know exactly how to wake up tink?:) I have two daughters and a wife (and a little girl dog so me and that fish are the only males in the household but I'm not even sure the fish are male, anyways) who are pixie junkies:dazzle: ...LOL really though they love tink :p and especially all the new faries so I want to take them to wake up tink.

DopeysGirl1226

My husband and I were able to be in the AK parade one year. Our friends had eaten breakfast at Donalds breakfastorus (sp), and somehow told to their waitor that we were there and I am a disney nut, and when they were finished eating, the waitor and another CM hunted us down and asked us to be a part of the parade, of course we obliged but not without our friends. :)

TinkyGirl

Original Poster
Hey WhyteAL I can help you!

WhyteAL, I would love to give you the scoop on waking up Tink! My family did that very thing just last year and it was so wonderful! You have to be the very first ones in Tinkerbell's Treasure.( Go through Cinderella's Castle and it's on your left) I will never forget it! Me and my DH were very close to the entrance so as soon as they opened the park we high tailed it to TT. I even remember another mother running and dragging her DD and our eyes met and it was on! We did make it though, huffing and puffing. It was all worth it! My DD asked it we could do it again when we go this June but I asked her if she remembered how special it was to us and she said that she did and I explained to her that we should let another family experience that like we did and she agreed! Good Luck! May the Pixie Dust be with you!!:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom