How do you get from the airport to WDW

RogueHabit

Originally posted by Pippa
You went on holiday to Bexhill? You poor thing! What is there to do? (and I thought Eastbourne was bad enough) ;)
:lol: Hey! I was like 10 years old and my Grandparents lived on the Del La Ware Road.

Hours of fun in the rock pools and going shrimping. :)

I think it's a little different now, but then that was 25 years ago!!!

Perhaps that's the reason I now loath holidaying in the UK and have vowed never to do it again...

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I absolutely agree with Erika on this one, not having a car for me is definitely part of the whole vacation experience. My friend Richie who HAS to drive everywhere from his house to work , to the stores etc, REALLY feels this way. I just dont see the need for a $200 something dollar a week car when I dont plan on leaving WDW in most cases. The $28.00 Mears trip is not particularly onerous for me.And the last time Disney sent me a coupon for $3.00 off!!! My two girlfriends ALWAYS rent a car but that is so they can take advantage of the excellent shopping that there is in the area, and to eat off property in some cases. Me personally, I can eat at Chevy's or Red Lobster when I am at home so I dont bother when I am on vacation. I can also shop at the Mall when I Am home so I dont bother when I Am on vacation except for the stuff I find in Disney. Just a matter of personal preference I suppose!! Belle

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Way back when we were new to the whole Disney vacation thing, we USED to use Mears, simply because we thought that was our only choice.

Since discovering the Town car Services, that's all we use now. We like the prsonalized service, grocery stop, and direct service to the Resort.

YOURRIDE.NET is who we use and have been very happy with them. In fact, I just booked them for my trip next month!

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Personally I don't sound posh at all, I have a true Sussex accent which it a bit like cockney!

Ahh, but you do to an American.

We do not differentiate between regional British dialects--they all sound soooo sophisticated to us.

( I read a review of a movie called "Heavenly Creatures" that made a big deal about the fact that one character had an English accent--and a rather "high class" one at that, while the other had a working class New Zealand accent. Honestly, that wasn't apparent to my American ears. But I guess I'll pay more attention if I rent it again.)

On the other hand, we do not necessarily revere regional American differences. They seem usually to be the source of ridicule. And as you might imagine, mass media and culture have created a "standard American English". I have read many interviews with TV and radio personalities who mentioned that they had their own personal Henry Higgins to eradicate their accent.

The thread drift is over. Please return to your regularly scheduled activities.

Upvote 0

Pippa

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
Ahh, but you do to an American.

We do not differentiate between regional British dialects--they all sound soooo sophisticated to us.

( I read a review of a movie called "Heavenly Creatures" that made a big deal about the fact that one character had a British accent--and a rather "high class" one at that, while the other had a working class New Zealand accent. Honestly, that wasn't apparent to my American ears. But I guess I'll pay more attention if I rent it again.)

On the other hand, we do not necessarily revere regional American differences. They seem usually to be the source of ridicule. And as you might imagine, mass media and culture have created a "standard American English". I have read many interviews with TV and radio personalities who mentioned that they had their own personal Henry Higgins to eradicate their accent.

The thread drift is over. Please return to your regularaly scheduled activities.

Why thank you, maybe you might like to join one for tea and cucumber sandwiches on the lawn followed by clotted cream and scones! :lol:

Upvote 0

Pippa

Originally posted by wdwfan65
We said we like the way you talk not the food you eat:hurl: :hurl: Oh back to the transportation issue,Rent a bloody car:lol:

I totally agree british food is, on the whole, vile!

Right I am shutting up now and going to another thread :lol:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Why thank you, maybe you might like to join one for tea and cucumber sandwiches on the lawn followed by clotted cream and scones! :lol:

I like tea and cucumber sandwiches....:wave:

Upvote 0

Becky

I used to stay on 192 and come in and out on World Drive.:cool: Then someone came up with the great idea of making you drive to Bermuda(might have been Cuba or even Earl's Court) when you left in order to get to 192:eek:

Now it's town car, stay on property and let those wonderful Bus CM's do the driving for me:sohappy:

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
I absolutely agree with Erika on this one, not having a car for me is definitely part of the whole vacation experience.
I'm the complete opposite, I love to drive when we go to WDW. Maybe it's the novelty of driving on the right or something.

Plus I'm not a big fan of buses of any kind.

Upvote 0

jmewin

Mike, I started using Tiffany last year and I would never go back to Mears. I was always afraid that My luggage would get taken by someone before we got to my hotel. I was very impressed by the service I got at Tiffany and will use them again this year :wave:

75 days and counting:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom