How do you feel about the return of Captain EO?

How do you feel about the return of Captain EO?

• Love it thr return of a classic!

Votes: 44 18.5%
  • LIke it I will see it at least once!

Votes: 48 20.2%
  • Don't like but am not bothered by it.

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • Hate it outdated and doesn't belong in EC!

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • Don't care either way!

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • Other!

Votes: 12 5.0%

• Total voters

cm1988

Magic Journeys

When Imag first opened in 1982, the theater featured "Magic Journeys", a truly imaginative film. It was in 3-d (not 4-d with the in-theater fragrances, bubbles, water spritzes, etc.), but was much more like the original Epcot (EPCOT Center)... more like something you would see at a World's Fair. The story was abstract... began with children looking up at the clouds and imagining what they saw in those shapes. Then the story proceeded to take the children through those scenes... riding a horse, being threatened by a witch, visiting a circus and more. At the end, the children get up from looking at the clouds as the theme music returns.

It was about imagination, represented imagination and was in itself imaginative. During EO's original run, the film moved to the Fantasyland theater... later replaced by the Lion King show.

I would have preferred that they dust off that original film rather than reprise the mildly-amusing EO. Maybe after EO, they'll bring back Magic Journeys, or even produce a 21st-century film with the qualities of the original.

audiotinker

Meh...

Hey, this is my first post! Thought I would comment on this because it seems to be quite a hot topic. I know some people feel REALLY strongly about MJ and, I personally can understand why, but my thoughts are on two areas. #1: I wasn't around when EO was so I have no attachment to this or nostalgic feelings about it, although I love the idea that they are bringing back some of the "older" stuff like the EP to the MK, even if its temp (that one I DID see, and love dearly). But I checked out EO online and it was TERRIBLE, lol! Of course, I will most definitely see it there, but ugh. I think it was a bad choice. #2: MJ has so much controversy surrounding him it seems almost like a "DUH" move to put that there, but then they have Ellen, and Steven Tyler, and they've been all about the controversy too, so. I think they need to kick the celebrity endorsements and just stick with uncomplicated disney characters... :) . Or how about we bring back HORIZONS!!! Helloooo??!!! :lol:

Edeyore

The funny thing is you can see the whole show on youtube, now. It is better with the 3D, but not that much better. The music is pretty good and when Captain EO first came out, it was the only place you could hear it. (MJ later put it on one of his albums.) All in all it is fun and MJ is dead.

PirateFrank

I'm surprised though you didn't mention the logic flaw in "because we know OJ did it, all celebrities ever found innocent of an accused crime really did it" logic.

Logic? What Logic is there in making presumptions that I back my statements with presumptions about celebrity innocence?

I believe I referenced that there is a majority of people out there that feel, after the various trials, OJ got away with murder. Check the various polls done over the years and get back to us....you'll find I'm right.

I think you'll find it very hard to try to shoot holes in logic based in fact, with your assumptions based in opinion.

Even if you take out of this equation, the convictions Whacko Jacko escaped through brilliant funding. You are still left with a deranged man that hung his child out of a balcony window, complained on national TV about not being able to sleep with other people's children, freely admitted to feeding children alcohol while misleading them by labeling said alcohol 'jesus juice' :eek: .....

....and on top of it all, it's clear that he was a prescription junkie of the highest caliber?

Seriously...remove the near-miss convictions (which I still feel are strongly relevant) and you have an attraction that pays tribute to a freak, drug addict and a utterly poor father. I'll excuse the Disney company's aligning with him in the 80s....most people just thought he was a monkey-loving freak, but not a drug addict, alcohol-pushing pedophile......

But now? it's deplorable. Seriously....

A blatant attempt to scrape the bottom of the jacko barrel before it's all dry. sad.....sad and irresponsible of disney.

pluto1964

No way do I want to see it back. It was ok back then, and I am being kind saying it was ok. My vote, no. Bring something new and innovative to the location rather then rehash a so-so ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom