How do you end up in the parades.........

Gorjus

It is a completely random thing. There is no way to actually plan on doing it. If you want to be the first family to open the park, you might be able to do that. First, be a family, or if you aren't with kids, be a couple celebrating something. Get to the park absurdly early and be friendly with the cast. Don't ask to be first family.

happymom52003

Don't ask to be first family.

We did...indirectly. We did not say the words "Can we be the first family?", but my son asked a CM if the family that helps Mickey open the park had been picked yet....the CM disappeared for a couple of minutes, and then came back and told my son he could do it. We had the time of our lives!

JustInTime

We did...indirectly. We did not say the words "Can we be the first family?", but my son asked a CM if the family that helps Mickey open the park had been picked yet....the CM disappeared for a couple of minutes, and then came back and told my son he could do it. We had the time of our lives!

That is so sweet!

Lunamis

We did it once at the TTC. My sister and I were younger and we got there early so we met all of those opening family parameters! We didn't even know we could be picked to do such a thing at the time. It was great.

Another time we got to Epcot super early and I mean not a soul was there except one CM at the ticket booth. We were misinformed it was an early opening day...
I don't think we "opened" Epcot but when we were waiting for Future World to open by Spaceship Earth, they let up under the rope and gave us fast passes for TT and VIP seats for Illuminations.

SinginSarah

For Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade at DAK, I know a few tips because it has been my job to dress the guests riding.

First, if you know a CM that works at DAK, there's a signup sheet in the parade building. That's your surest way of getting in.

But there is a character spot on a landing by the river where Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore meet. Usually the guests are pulled from there, so if you ask a character attendant, you may be able to get in that way.

Another way is to shell out $100/hr for a VIP tour guide. They can definitely get you in.

Unomas

When I was a teenager, my family was walking down Mainstreet on Christmas Day to get to our ADR at CRT early in the morning. A CM pulled us aside and asked us to be in the Christmas Parade that was being filmed for national television. But we had to decline to go to our reservation.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
This is a goal of mine for our 2010 visit. Holy Cow that would be awesome.

The only thing that i have participated in was the backstage tour in the original MGM. My girlfriend at the time, wife now, were involved with the submarine scene. Good stuff.

happymom52003

This is a goal of mine for our 2010 visit. Holy Cow that would be awesome.

The only thing that i have participated in was the backstage tour in the original MGM. My girlfriend at the time, wife now, were involved with the submarine scene. Good stuff.

It was the most magical experience I have had at Disney EVER. A dream come true for my Disney fanatic family!

Good luck! I hope you get picked!!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
It was the most magical experience I have had at Disney EVER. A dream come true for my Disney fanatic family!

Good luck! I hope you get picked!!
Thanks. I told Sam about it last night and see sounded like she was game for getting the fam to MK about an hour early. Is this sufficient?

happymom52003

Thanks. I told Sam about it last night and see sounded like she was game for getting the fam to MK about an hour early. Is this sufficient?

I think so...I honestly do not remember exactly what time we arrived. We had an early ADR at CRT, which is why we were there early. I think I remember leaving the Wilderness Lodge around 7:30....so we were probably at the gates around 7:50. And we had been in line for a few minutes before my son went up to the CM...so I'd say an hour before should be good.

We were in the early ADR line which was at the turnstiles on the far right, and the CM that my son asked was standing by the turnstiles on the far left.

HollyBelle

The day after the marathon this year, my boyfriend and I were wandering around AK and were asked if we'd like to be the grand marshalls of the Jammin Jungle Parade :sohappy:.

I think it was completely at random; however, it probably helped that we were a) wearing our marathon medals and b) friendly with the cast members who approached us. We actually talked with them for 2-3 minutes before they asked if we'd like to participate, so I would definitely think if we'd been too "busy" to take a few minutes to talk we wouldn't have been given the opportunity. The odds are probably best for getting in this parade because they "recruit" four different families for the various floats every day.

Oh yeah... and we were picked over in Camp Minnie Mickey rather late in the afternoon (around 2-2:30 pm). It was so much fun!

And of course, photopass was there to document it all for us. I'd say they probably took 20-30 pictures of us throughout the parade route.

11511550001logo.jpg

Stellajack

My mom, sister, and I (all girls trip) went to Donald's Breakfastsaurus and were chosen at breakfast for the afternoon parade in Animal Kingom.

We even were given Mickey's float! It was so much fun!

elisatonks

When DSMC was still running at DHS I used to alway love getting one of the positions, as i got to invite children to carry the rope at the end of the parade. It was so cool to see their faces when asked.

wdwbidelsi

We were asked to Join Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade at DAK. My DD was having her face painted at a stall near the entrance to where the parade starts and finishes and a CM just came up and asked if we would like to be in the parade. This was our first trip to Disney and this made it all the more magical:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom