How do YOU deal with that rude park guest?

jmorri26

Original Poster
I just got back from a short trip and aside from all the perfect, magical moments, I noticed more and more this trip than ever how generally horrid many of the other guests have gotten. Now , I know when we go to WDW we expect the "this is MY vacation" tourists who want everything their way, but how do you personally deal with them?
The shoving and running over feet at the parades, the giants with kids on their shoulders in front of a little one who can't see, the smokers in line. A new one I didn't notice as much in the past that got me- the people using giant ipads as cameras and blinding people behind them during fireworks.

I know personally, more and more the polite "excuse me sir, could you please not ___" works practically never and I try to give people the benefit of the doubt but have you ever just hit a breaking point?

Zman-ks

Just try to ignore them.
75.gif

jmorri26

Original Poster
For the most part, I can ignore them and move on. If they're destroying the parks or hurting people, I'll step up and say something or at least say something to someone who can do something about it.

I did see the most amazing little girl this trip. A man shoved this maybe 7 year old girl to get in front of her for the parade and she said very loudly and politely" Excuse me sir, that was very rude of you." in her sweetest little girl voice. The guy looked at her like she grew another head. That warmed my heart!

luv

If they're crowding me, I tell them something that makes them back off. If I posted it online, everyone would do it and it would stop working, lol. But it works EXTREMELY well. They stay back, they keep their kids back. I have my space. :)

iPads...I figure these are people who cannot afford all the appropriate devices and have to use what they can. I try to ignore it. It is difficult, though. iPads in the park are a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

The rest of it, I just let it go. Yup, its annoying, but what can you do? Sock them in the nose? :)

Alley7728

My pet peeve use to be while trying get out of the Magic Kingdom there is always the group that is stopped dead center in the middle trying to regroup their group, thus splitting you up from yours while trying to get around them.:mad: Granted you learn to stay put and let the madness ensue around you while delightfully munching on popcorn.;)

BoarderPhreak

My pet peeve use to be while trying get out of the Magic Kingdom there is always the group that is stopped dead center in the middle trying to regroup their group, thus splitting you up from yours while trying to get around them.:mad: Granted you learn to stay put and let the madness ensue around you while delightfully munching on popcorn.;)
Oh, I can't stand that in general - people/families that just STOP right in front of you or in the middle of a thoroughfare. Really? If you're going to do that, move to the SIDE! Ugh.

graphite1326

I was, however, told I was rude once. On the way out after the fireworks in MK, two people, they were big but not overwieght, were casually and I mean casually ( really slow) walking down the side walk. You couldn't go by on either side. But one time they kind of split apart and I went between them. I didn't brush against them just walked ahead. They were so upset at me and said that the rudeness in the place was getting worse. I didn't say anything back just kept walking. Maybe I was wrong but I thought it was rude of them to walk so slow and take up the entire space.

Darth Tater

It's not just Disney. We're living in the "Me" generation. You can blame upbringing, you can blame today's entertainment, you can blame social media with sites like FB & YouTube making "everyone" a celebrity in their own right...or a combination of all the above. Whatever the cause, narcissism is here in full force. No, I am not one of these old coots always griping: "Back in my day, we didn't behave like...blah, blah, blah..." That's not it. It's our individualistic 'My way or the highway' mindset. Sadly, places like Disney seem to bring it out in full force.

So to answer the OP's question: How do I handle it? Like others have said, usually by ignoring unless it is something severe. Though I have to give credit to @THPFanatic for a much-needed laugh & suggestion I should use for future reference. ;)

Dads 2 Boys

If they're crowding me, I tell them something that makes them back off. If I posted it online, everyone would do it and it would stop working, lol. But it works EXTREMELY well. They stay back, they keep their kids back. I have my space. :)

iPads...I figure these are people who cannot afford all the appropriate devices and have to use what they can. I try to ignore it. It is difficult, though. iPads in the park are a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

The rest of it, I just let it go. Yup, its annoying, but what can you do? Sock them in the nose? :)

Like the first part but disagree with the 2nd part.

It's incredibly rude when people are holding up their tablets to film Wishes or taking 8 million pictures with it above their head. Not to mention the ones who are recording an entire dark ride with the tablet face light on. Most of them that I saw in Feb were middle aged American women......

Those people however will not change so it's not worth ruining my time or even wasting any time @ WDW telling them they are morons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom