How do you book your trips?

David

I was curious as to how you book your trips. We have always called our travel agent and booked a package for air/ hotel/park tickets, using the Disney Travel Company. Do you find you get better deals by booking air and travel separately? What companies do you use?

Stitch79

I send a handy dandy PM to Pam (Kingdom Konsultant on here) and she takes care of everything for me. :sohappy: She's highly recommened by quite a few people around here.

Upvote 0

BitO'PixieDust

I book everything separately, and I believe save quite a bit of money. We've been down to WDW probably around 30 times over the past 20 years. I used to compare booking through an agency and doing it myself and everytime I made out better doing it by myself.

Now we get Annual Passes to take advantage of the wonderful discounts on the rooms. We're going over Christmas next and I figure I saved about half on the rooms. And since we already went in July and used our tickets it's like the tickets are free this trip.

By doing it myself I didn't end up paying for the little extras I didn't care about and could use that money for things I wanted...like more souvenirs.:lol:

I've bought my air tickets directly from the airline website and I've also used Travelocity.com with success.

Hope these tips help and happy planning!

Upvote 0

HebeJebe

I book room only through the Disney Travel Company with my Disney Club card and we drive down.

In addition to WDW we love to go on the Disney Cruise Line. I have found great discounts at Costco & USAA. $919 per person for a category 9 room on the 7-day cruise!

Upvote 0

billybaruch1

I used Small World Travel Adventures from the mousesavers website (or WDWVacations.com). Excellent! I can't imagine doing anything differently next time. :D

I book the flights myself. This year I didn't realize what a good price was when I saw it. The old story... waited for it to go down, but instead it went up! Now it's way up even more and I'm just glad I bought when I did. Next time I'll do better. :king:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by Stitch79
I send a handy dandy PM to Pam (Kingdom Konsultant on here) and she takes care of everything for me. :sohappy: She's highly recommened by quite a few people around here.

Thank you!

I book my own travel and yes I do book quite a lot of the members here. I use all of the available discount codes including AP specials, AAA, teachers discounts, military discounts, etc. If there is a discount to be found....I will find it!:lol:

I also will book the room, tickets and airline separately if it will save my clients money.

Pam

Upvote 0

jmewin

David, I do the same thing you do. My travel agent is at American Express and he books the whole thing for me. Much easier than trying to coordinate it yourself. :wave:

44 days and counting.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Pippa

Being from the UK I will either use my Frequent Virgin Discount (!!) 10% off package deals or wait for a special offer that often appear in newspapers. When I next book I might have a go at booking everything seperately and see if its any different.

Upvote 0

onecoolmama

I have always booked my airfare through air-tran or southwest...those are the two best web deals that i have found! I also have always booked through the webstie or through the Disney Club. I didn't even know expedia and the others were all out there until after this trip had been booked. I leave in two days for WDW under the FTP!

We plan to go in Dec 2004 to see the Christmas festivites and then again in Sept 2005 to celebrate DD's 3rd b-day ( and to celebrate her last trip being free!) So I think we are going to get AP's this Christmas for our presents to use next Dec. Hope it works for us!!

Anyway, I didn't know the Kingdom Konsultants can book AP rates. We are thinking next Xmas we will drive..so we might look into using the Kingdom Konsultants! Good Tip!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I have been booking my trips on my own for a few years now, and I can almost always do better than a travel agent for the exact same thing. Travel agents, like our friend Kingdom Konsultant, do get notice of specials that the general public does not so they may be able to do better if you are flexible about travel dates, resorts, etc. Plus with my Annual Pass, the discounts on the rooms are pretty awesome. As far as flights, check with your company. A friend of mine works for a very large firm that travels a lot so they have a deal with American Airlines for a discount! Every little bit helps!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom