how difficult is it with a 3-4 month old

mickey7879

We took my son when he was 6 months old and he had so much fun! He especially loved It's a Small World! Looking all around and taking it all in. As long as you realize that you are on their schedule, it's no big deal. The baby care centers are wonderful and bathrooms everywhere to change diapers. There are so many rides that your baby will be able to go on so you won't feel like you are limited. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to take a young baby with us. If you can, try to go when it would be the coolest and keep baby out of the sun as much as possible since it's not recommend for them to use sunscreen at that age. You can also order formula, bottled water, diapers, wipes and anything else you may need from gardengrocer.com and they will deliver it right to your resort so you don't need to pack as much stuff. You can also purchase things from the baby care centers if you've forgotten something. They also have a quiet nursing room if you will be breastfeeding. You will also need your own stroller from home. The Disney ones aren't meant for little babies. I also wouldn't want to put my 2 year old in one either since they are just so hard.

Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm also pregnant and due Dec. 3rd. We've decided to go to Disney in September when I'll be 7 months so we can celebrate our last trip as a family of 3.

Edit: I also want to add that the best for us was the buffets, especially the character ones. The characters would entertain him so we could eat. Plus you can pretty much eat as soon as you arrive, so no waiting for an hour for your meal to get there while little one is getting frustrated. You can also take your stroller in the restaurant if baby fell asleep in it. My son was almost asleep and I have to fight with them about letting me bring him in. Finally they agreed, son decided he didn't want to sleep after we got in there and I saw about 7 other strollers in there as well. You just need to be persistant.

corey154

I took a one month old. I did it for my ten year old. We have been going every year since she was two, for ten years she was the only child and it was hard enough for her to adapt to sharing me when my son was first born, so I wasn't going to cancel our trip b/c of him and hurt my daughters feelings. Although people gave me looks like i was nuts, it was fine. He slept all the time, he was bottle fed so that was easy enough. To me it was no harder with a little one than a toddler (they just have different needs). But that's my opinion. You do what you think is right for your familiy :eek:)

Pirate-Mom

You might also consider shipping some items, like diapers, wipes, and formula, to your resort so it's waiting for you when you arrive. It's much easier than packing it (although the space left behind in your luggage at the end of the trip is great for souvenirs)!

I have three kids and have made the trip with babies/kids of all ages, as well as pregnant. All the trips have been great...you just adjust your plans/activities/expectations to make them work for you. When I was pregnant, I did miss going on some of my favorite rides, but also enjoyed exploring some of the shops and areas that I usually don't take the time to see.

nicole3874

Original Poster
I want to thank everyone for all of their feed back. We have decided that we are definately going to go with an infant. She (we found out it was a girl friday) will be 3-4 months old. Now we are just trying to decide on the first week in March or the last week in April. Weather and crowds are our main concern. We don't want humidity and we want to miss he easter before/after crowds.

slappy magoo

I want to thank everyone for all of their feed back. We have decided that we are definately going to go with an infant. She (we found out it was a girl friday) will be 3-4 months old. Now we are just trying to decide on the first week in March or the last week in April. Weather and crowds are our main concern. We don't want humidity and we want to miss he easter before/after crowds.

Congratultions on your decision to go to WDW!!!!

Oh, and...uh...the baby, too...

:D

KC82271

We started DD at 10mos old the last week of April and continued each year since (now 4) in addition to November. I have to say I absolutely love the last week of April. Grad night weekend becomes obnoxious - but if you plan it right - arrive after they leave. We usually go Tuesday through Saturday morning.

My daughter has videos, photos, and photopass from each trip we have gone on (6 to date) and while people will say they don't remember anything at such a young age - pictures and videos help them cherish those moments. Today, we just watched my daughter at 16 months kiss Pooh Bear at Breakfast - she was all excited that "when she was such a baby that she even liked Pooh" - it was so cute. She watches her videos probably 4 times a month.

Problem is she is now addicted, but that's a whole other problem - "mommy - we haven't been to disney in a long time" - granted we just got back 10 weeks ago!!!!

Nicole3874 I'm right there with you. I am planning a trip with my sister and her family now...we will have 4 adults and 6 children ages 16- 3mon ( i too am currently pregnant). at first we were only going to take my DS 16 and my DD 2 1/2 but my sister and brother in law decide they wanted to join us ( she was suppose to keep the baby) her children will be 14, 11, and 9 so..my point is my sister will probably carry the baby most of the time because she likes the sling thing...and as far as not having fun I dont see a problem...I want to see my daughters face when she sees mickey for the first time and it will be my sons last time before he has to pay for himself....and I WANT the pictures of all my kids regardless of age in the pictures...we are going the end of april so that my husband and I could also celebrate or anniversary....so go have fun and dont worry about the baby...

Take em... You'll have a blast. My youngest went 3 times in utero, (the last time when I was 8 months preggo and had to do two days in the parks alone with my four year old while DH worked) and he's been 3 times a year when he was 1 and 2, and twice a year when he was 3 and 4, and we're gearing up for his second 5 year old trip.
Within a week of returning home, he's like, "when are we going to Disney?" Lol... I tell him, "you've already been more than most people go in their entire lives!"
He's loved every minute of it, and more importantly, DH, older son, and I have loved every minute of it. We've gone in crowds (more people for him to watch) and without, and never had a bad time. When he was little, he would fall asleep whenever the attractions moved (HM, Pirates, Etc) so napping wasn't an issue.
Although, we didn't take a stroller til he was 3 and too heavy for me to backpack... what a wonderful thing that was. I would even keep him in it on rides like TTA so he could see better sitting up high!
HAVE FUN, and do what YOU want to do :) There will always be someone to naysay you, no matter what you're opinion!

rlaeromech

I agree with timing. That really helps. We went with a 3 month old in September. Remember Walt wanted a place that a family could enjoy together, he never set an age limit on the kids. It depends on your family. We had a great time, it was slower sure, but also more relaxing for me.

My wife and I are in the "having kids stage right now. We have 1 at 6 and 1 at 2 and planning for at least 1 more. If we waited till they all were "of age" we would have to wait about 10 years from child #1 to child #3. If we want a 4th, which we may... add another 4-5 years to that. Kids are a blessing, we go when we want to go.... well... when we can AFFORD to go... heck I'd be there now if I could!

tracyandalex

we took our baby when she was about 5 months old and it was actually the 3 year old that our friends brought that slowed us down the most!! as long as you bring plenty of food, drinks, and diapers you will be fine.
my favorite memory - spectromagic! the baby was so excited i thought she was going to have a heart attack!! she absolutely loved every second of it - all the lights and the music. she slept right through wishes though.
as long as you understand that you may have to give up a few things and spend time looking for your stroller that gets moved across libery square while your on the haunted mansion you will be fine.
it was march when we went

tracy

marcriss

I say go, your biggest obstacle in my opinion is the sun. Most doctors don't recommend sunscreen until babies are 6 mos old. But with the right stroller/sunshade and clothing you can probably do it.

Try onestepahead.com, they sell UV protected clothing.

We took both of our kids at 9 months and I wouldn't change that for anything. We're happier at Disney, which makes the kids happier too. It's our stress-free time of the year.:)

trendicoff

We'll be going down with our 5 month old in just a few weeks so I'll have to let everyone know how it goes. We got a nice fisherman style UV protected hat that he doesn't seem to mind, and a Combi Flare. We're also taking a day off halfway through our 7 day trip to let everyone recover and have the baby get back on schedule.

JCtheparrothead

Well after 4 years sharing the Magic by ourselves we are heading back this year with our 3 month old. Fortunately for us we are there for 2 weeks and there is no pressure to hit everything all at once. I am excited to go this year but am really looking forward to the next couple years where he will "get it" and can be excited about things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom