How did you propose at Disney?

robhedin

Went to Epcot, while Kim (my wife to be) went to the bathroom, I made a bee line back to the "Leave a Legacy" booths and bought one that read-- "Kim McGuffey, Will you Marry me? Love Rob". A couple of weeks later, got a call from the park letting me know that it went up that morning.
I called Kim and told her that I felt like seeing Illuminations-- she said she had a migraine, but was ok with going after work. We got over there about 7pm, I verified the tile placement while she was occupied, we watched Illuminations. Then, on the way out, I pulled her over towards the tiles saying "The crowd is getting to me" and as we went buy I pointed out some interesting tiles; saying "wow, isn't this one cool?", she glanced, then glanced, then threw herself up about an inch away with absoulutely huge eyes... "Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!" A totally priceless moment, and her migraine was gone.
Go to Epcot, front row of pillars, pillar on the far right, column "H", second square from the top, dead center of the square, pretty much at eye level. Every time we go over we have to stop and look at it and have caught people noticing it from time to time.

labattican

Last Halloween

My wife (she is now) and I stayed at Old Key West for the weekend. Our first night there, Halloween night, we went to the Polynesian to grab a pre-dinner drink outside of Ohana and on the way into the hotel there was a parade of kids with their costumes on. We had dinner reservations at Citricos so I suggested that we walk to the Grand Floridian. It was a beautiful night and on the way over I suggested that we check out the wedding pavillion. It was being used for a rehearsal so we walked around the back and out onto one of the docks. That's where I dropped to one knee and proposed. She was shocked and it was an amazing moment. We had been together for about 6 years and she had a feeling that we were going to be getting engaged soon, but not during this trip.

During dinner we had quite a few nice surprises, they printed special menus with our names and the date on top of them and then gave us a complimentary dessert with our names and date written in chocolate on the plate. The kicker was that when she called to tell her sister that we got engaged, her sister immediately called the restaurant and ordered us a bottle of Dom Perignon. As we were wrapping up dinner, the fireworks at the magic kingdom went off. I don't think I could have gotten luckier with the night and, most importantly, the woman.

STGRhost

"I'm susposed to be proposing in 3 weeks in WDW and I still have no idea what I am going to do. I am not one for much attention so I don't want to do it where other people are going to look (no matter how sweet it is). Really right now I plan on just going and praying to God that a good time comes up where I can do it. I dunno I've got a lot of thinking and planning to do obviously."

My family and then-boyfriend came down to spend my last week at Disney with me. The last day we were at the Magic Kingdom. We had done a picture in front of the castle earlier in the day, and I wanted a copy of it, so I was on my way up to the Camera Center. Greg (bf) offered to go with me, instead of riding Big Thunder with everyone else. Greg does not typically pass up thrill rides, so I had a feeling something was coming. After we got the picture, I said we should catch the train back to Frontierland. Greg said he wanted to walk (Greg also doesn't pass up a free ride to walk places :p ). So we went up Main St. to the Partners statue. I had told Greg before about the statue, and the signifigance it holds for CMs. So he pointed to it, and asked me about it again. Then he put his arms around me, and asked if I wanted to be HIS partner (ack, cheesey, I know!) Then he took the ring out, and helped me put it on. It was actually very quiet - not a busy day, and I don't think anyone around us really noticed. It was very nice, and very "us". My only lament is that we didn't think to have anyone take our picture!

I have yet to tell people we got engaged in front of Cinderella Castle and not have them go "awwwww". :animwink:

Sledge

Account Suspended
Wow, some of these are so corny I don't know how I could take it seriously if I was the girl and it happened to me. The stuff like "Make my wish come true!" I would laugh my butt off at lines like those. That's just me and I think it's still sweet, but even chick-flicks aren't that corny.

I'm sure most of the guys (mainly in their early 20's) wouldn't have told their friends what they were going to do in the romantic version like how it would end up turning out and so the conversation probably went like this...

"Dudes! I am so going to take her to the castle... at night... with fireworks... and stuff and I'm going to pop the question, bros! And dude!, then we will go back to the hotel and..."

"Yeah, cool, whatever. Wanna go to Hooters?"

"Um....... duh!"

------------------

Someone needs to do something that a guy would joke about with his guy friends. For instance...

Take her on Buzz Lightyear, when she gets a high score go. "BABE! You kick a**! Here's your prize!" and give her the ring and just wink at her.

Take her onto the Tea Cups... spin it really fast so you both get sick. When you get off the ride tell her to stick her hand out and act like you barf up the ring.

Take her to PotC and whenever you go by treasure pull out the ring and say. "Argh, me treasure. Will you be me landlubber?" See it's funny because lover sounds like landlub... ah forget it.

Take her to TT and pop the question right before the car is about to "crash into the wall". If she has never been on the ride it would make it all the more fun. She will scream for two reasons! Her scream from "about to crash into a wall" will seem like she is excited about the ring, thus giving you better confidence about her actually liking the ring so the next week doesn't sound like this:

"You like it? You sure? If you don't I can get you another one. You sure? Possitive?...." :hammer:

Dern, I should write a book. 1,001 Alternatives to Corny Proposals.

------------------

BTW, how bad would the rest of the trip suck if she said no. Do it on the last night just in case. Or maybe you SHOULD do it the first day so if she says no you can then attempt to get with Snow White.

McArcDes

Sledge said:
Wow, some of these are so corny I don't know how I could take it seriously if I was the girl and it happened to me. The stuff like "Make my wish come true!" I would laugh my butt off at lines like those. That's just me and I think it's still sweet, but even chick-flicks aren't that corny.

I'm sure most of the guys (mainly in their early 20's) wouldn't have told their friends what they were going to do in the romantic version like how it would end up turning out and so the conversation probably went like this...

"Dudes! I am so going to take her to the castle... at night... with fireworks... and stuff and I'm going to pop the question, bros! And dude!, then we will go back to the hotel and..."

"Yeah, cool, whatever. Wanna go to Hooters?"

"Um....... duh!"

------------------

Someone needs to do something that a guy would joke about with his guy friends. For instance...

Take her on Buzz Lightyear, when she gets a high score go. "BABE! You kick a**! Here's your prize!" and give her the ring and just wink at her.

Take her onto the Tea Cups... spin it really fast so you both get sick. When you get off the ride tell her to stick her hand out and act like you barf up the ring.

Take her to PotC and whenever you go by treasure pull out the ring and say. "Argh, me treasure. Will you be me landlubber?" See it's funny because lover sounds like landlub... ah forget it.

Take her to TT and pop the question right before the car is about to "crash into the wall". If she has never been on the ride it would make it all the more fun. She will scream for two reasons! Her scream from "about to crash into a wall" will seem like she is excited about the ring, thus giving you better confidence about her actually liking the ring so the next week doesn't sound like this:

"You like it? You sure? If you don't I can get you another one. You sure? Possitive?...." :hammer:

Dern, I should write a book. 1,001 Alternatives to Corny Proposals.

------------------

BTW, how bad would the rest of the trip suck if she said no. Do it on the last night just in case. Or maybe you SHOULD do it the first day so if she says no you can then attempt to get with Snow White.

Or maybe you can call it 1001 immature proposals. The ones you call corny at least make positive special moments not crude attempts at bath room humor.

I for one am planning on popping the question to my gf in October 05 while we are there with all our kids. Her 2 and my 4... Thanks to you all I am getting some great ideas. One question though who do you talk to at Disney to set some of this stuff up. We are going to WDW the week after Christmas and I am planning on doing some covert scouting of possible locations and get some info with out her knowing....I want this to be as special as possible and I am going to take the next year to plan it down to the last detail.

Oh and by the way, my gf looks just like Snow White.

Sledge

Account Suspended
I really hope you didn't take what I said literally. If you think I would do it or recomend someone else doing it you are crazy. I'm dorky but not insane. It should have been an obvious joke but I didn't realize someone would be so offended by it. :brick:

phlydude

During the Fireworks I proposed to my wife right next to the Partner's Statue. It was great!! Had a lot of people crying along with my wife! It was totally unexpected and it almost didn't happen.
Same deal as Pippa, long story posted too many times already. If you search around, I'm sure you'll find numerous threads on this subject.

McArcDes

Sledge said:
I really hope you didn't take what I said literally. If you think I would do it or recomend someone else doing it you are crazy. I'm dorky but not insane. It should have been an obvious joke but I didn't realize someone would be so offended by it. :brick:

With some of the people I know (and are in my family) I sometimes tend to take comments like yours at face value. I actually know some people that would propose that way. I did not take it as being sarcastic on your part even though I should have. As some would say, My bad.

sillyspook13

Sledge said:
Now THAT is funny!!!!! :lol: :hurl: :lol:

Legacy

I was at La Nouba when before the show started at spotlight lit a couple up. The man got to one knee (as best he could) and proposed. Then, the two primary clowns came out with two glasses of champaigne for the two of them. That was cool.

Me personally? I would want to get a sign put in the favorite ride. Then when you ride through, there it is...

fanningb

Easter Proposal

attempting to make a long story short...

easter week 2004 in wdw with now-fiance and a few relatives (her brother, sister-in-law, and cousins). i planted a seed in advance by telling her that for easter they hide little plastic eggs around the parks with little treats in them for the kids. had a very craft friend (her best friend who also came with us) make a dressed up egg with mickey ears to look "official"...

morning of proposal, went into Epcot back entrance, walking through World Showcase stopped to pretend to check on a priority seating in Canada, hid the egg on the path, called her down to take a picture, and when she saw the egg, opened it and proposed on the bridge in the gardens.

immediately after the proposal, surprised her with both her parents and my parents who were hiding up in them main Canada pavilion overlooking the whole thing.

a lot of planning, but WELL worth it..

Legacy

fanningb said:
attempting to make a long story short...

easter week 2004 in wdw with now-fiance and a few relatives (her brother, sister-in-law, and cousins). i planted a seed in advance by telling her that for easter they hide little plastic eggs around the parks with little treats in them for the kids. had a very craft friend (her best friend who also came with us) make a dressed up egg with mickey ears to look "official"...

morning of proposal, went into Epcot back entrance, walking through World Showcase stopped to pretend to check on a priority seating in Canada, hid the egg on the path, called her down to take a picture, and when she saw the egg, opened it and proposed on the bridge in the gardens.

immediately after the proposal, surprised her with both her parents and my parents who were hiding up in them main Canada pavilion overlooking the whole thing.

a lot of planning, but WELL worth it..
Awesome story... and welcome to the boards! :wave:

sillyspook13

Today at Magic Kingdom I saw a guest relations cast member helpig to plan a proposal. She and the guest were over by the wishing well........

How exciting! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

tinkerbela

when my husband proposed to me last year, he did it on the beach between the GF and the Wedding Pavilion a little bit after we had a nice romantic dinner at the California Grille. it was a beautiful night, warm weather, it was in june, and it happened to be friday the 13th under a full moon with a thunder storm headed our way.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
I gotta say...I'm suprised that this thread has lasted this long! Even though the project that I was working on is long over, I am really enjoying listening to everyone's stories of how they proposed...it's all so romantic and makes me wish that my boyfriend would do it when we go down to Disney in May...hey, a girl can dream can't she?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom