How did you propose at Disney?

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
I'm doing some research for one of my classes and I was wondering, for those of you who have proposed at Disney World, how did you do it? I need as many ideas as possible...so keep them coming! Thanks!!!! :D

mhead

During dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table! The management helped me set it up way before! Been married one year now - and expecting first child in March. Not that that has anything to do with the question - I am just proud to tell it!

SpenceMan01

I've heard one story on here about the guy buying a stone that gets put out into the sidewalk on the way from MK to GF and it said something like "I love you [Jenny]. Will you marry me?" That's the best one I've heard of.

FatBoy976

I took my then girlfriend to Victoria and Albert's. After dinner, we walked out to the dark beach close to the wedding pavillion. I asked her there. I think the water pageant came by later, but that was not planned :)

WDWFanatic

We were standing in front of the mickey and walt statue and while she was watching the show in front of the castle i got down on one knee and pulled out the ring and she was totally speechless. I had wanted to do it during the fireworks but it hapened to be the premier night for the wishes show. We were packed in there so I couldnt do it.

My then girlfriend had once told me how she thought being proposed to on the beach would be romantic, so I improvised. I proposed during a moonlit stroll along the water at Caribbean Beach. I had her sit in a hammock as I got down on one knee in the sand. I remember being scared the ring would fall into the sand and I wouldn't be able to find it because it was dark out.

se8472

I have heard many stories of people being doing this during the night parades.

One was when a guy asked the CM to help out in getting a ring off her finger so he could put the other ring on. Long story but they got it off her finger and when parade time came they shut off all but 1 light that made a spot light for him to ask her.

There really are just to many....people just dropping down right in the middle of the street and what not. I think its funny because you see other random people wipe out there video cameras to record other peoples proposelse

Pippa

I have told my proposal story several times on the boards so to save me doing it again it is in the thread "Cool things/favourite secrets about the AC" in General Discussion. Sorry but I don't know how to do a link!:hammer:

KevinPage

Pippa said:
I have told my proposal story several times on the boards so to save me doing it again it is in the thread "Cool things/favourite secrets about the AC" in General Discussion. Sorry but I don't know how to do a link!:hammer:

All you need to do is right click on the link in your web browser, this should highlight it blue and then select COPY.

Then in the body of your post right click again and select PASTE. Wa-lah, you've entered the 21st century. :D

lamarvenoy

On one knee in that little step down rest area by France. I had a few onlookers and some applause, we both were very happy. That was April '98,we were married Nov '00 and had a baby boy Sept '02. It was hard walking around with that ring in my pocket for 3 hours waiting for WS to open, but not as hard as asking her father's permission...that's another story :animwink:

We went to Pleasure Island and just before the midnight celebration I got down on one knee and proposed. After she said yes the fireworks went off. I had planned on doing it in Mexico during the day but the timing wasn't right. Try walking around Epcot all day with a ring box in your undies. :eek:

worfbb77

Not at disney but sweet i think...

I proposed to my wife at blue man group a show in boston in other cities, we went there on our first date. I had it all planed out she didn't even know we were going I made up some story that my brother couldn't go so he gave me the tickets. If you have been to the show they have those LCD readers that the audiance reads before the show begins and they were nice enough to let us do that. My wife thought I was going to propse later that month because I made a big deal about going to Foxwoods on her B-day. I can still see the look of "OH my god I am SOOOO embaressed" on her face. :animwink: However we did go to WDW on our honeymoon and now are expecting our first child in late feb early march. Another mind I can warp :lol:

westie

On one of our first dates I took my girlfriend to Disneyland. It took no time at all to see she was as much into the magic as I was. A year later we returned and I proposed to her while dining at the Blue Bayou next to Pirates of the Carribean. I got a standing ovation! And turned bright red...

A year after that we returned to DL and were married at the pavillion then hopped a flight to WDW for our honeymoon. That was 10 years ago and since then we've done the cruise, created the souvenir, another WDW junky and, try to get back annually. Its the magic. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom