How close are you to WDW?

jloucks

A couple hours for me, usually in the evening. Just enough time to ride a few attractions and catch nighttime entertainment
I was curious because I do almost the exactly same thing, but with Six Flags Over Texas. We bought a meal plan to boot, so it is a 1-3 hour visit about 4 times a month (but not during summer, too hot and crowded). Six Flags is about a 30 minute drive from my work. You can bet I would be thrilled to have WDW 30 minutes away. :)

World_Showcase_Lover007

We live 693 miles from WDW. Sometimes we drive, sometimes we fly (depending on if Southwest had reasonable deals). When driving, it takes around 10-11 hours, which is fine, except the way back seems much longer of course. But I like to have my car with me, so I can venture off-property occasionally. I wouldn't want to live very near property for the same reason I don't want to move to the beach. When you live there, your special place doesn't seem so special anymore.

Ksearcy

I've always envied those who live in Florida, have their annual passes, and can just go to WDW at the drop of a hat or as the mood strikes. How close do some of you live to WDW and how often would you say you visit?
One mile from Magic Kingdom cast member parking lot....I have a nice view of the nightly fireworks from behind my house and can often hear the train whistle, boat horns, and sometimes even park music. At least twice a week after work, I head over to the parks just to walk and relax for an hour or so....I feel very fortunate, for sure.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
1,130 miles by car. Which I have done exactly once as a child. They were building Spaceship Earth at the time! We fly from one of three different airports that are all less than 3.5 hours away. We generally go for 14 days each summer and 3-5 days for a quick MVMCP trip.

MissM

Google maps says it's 83.9 miles to MK and their ETA says 1 hour 28 minutes but I tend to make it in about 1 hour 15 minutes or 1 hours 20 minutes depending on traffic on 275 and I-4. We tend to head out about once a month, maybe once every 3 weeks or so. Just sorta depends. I would go more often but my car is crap and can't handle the interstate. And Love gets sick of going. He'll be like, we were just there! and I'm like...um, a MONTH ago! LOL

POLY LOVER

I live 5 minutes from the entrance road and bop over for a quick show a bite to eat and a nice walk and back home. I book fast passes for the tough rides and head over to do the attraction on the night we have the passes for and done. It's great. Oh we live in celebration.

KraftServices

3,098 miles. ;-;

I used to live in Sarasota, just under a two hour drive away. That was nice. We still didn't go a lot, but we could make spontaneous trips if we wanted.

And now I'm closer to Disneyland but have still never been.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I've always envied those who live in Florida, have their annual passes, and can just go to WDW at the drop of a hat or as the mood strikes. How close do some of you live to WDW and how often would you say you visit?
I live about 8 hours away and go once a year.. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom