How close are you to WDW?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
How in the world did you get that score on Buzz Lightyear? Please teach me!

From a few weeks ago, I don't ride it often as it's so easy to beat.

PfYZZ7j.gif

This should get you on your way to being a Galactic Hero. When you do win, make sure you claim your reward with the cast.

GVentola

It takes me about a half hour to get to Disney grounds, add about 15 minutes to get to which park or resort I'm going to, considering the dangerous, changing traffic patterns. I do have an annual pass which I pay for monthly at around 40 dollars. I mostly go on Saturdays. Mom sometimes tells me I could go on other days of the week, but I like to keep things routine. I feel really blessed in life, especially living so close to my favorite place on Earth!

IanDLBZF

I live an hour away from WDW, takes about 110 minutes to get from (minus the time it takes to get from my home to the DeBary SunRail Station, and/or any layovers) New Smyrna Beach to WDW using SunRail & Lynx Link 50. From Leesburg (which is where I am attending college), it takes about 60-90 minutes from campus to the parks when traveling with the college, and about 177 Minutes from Leesburg to Disney via Lake Mary with a connection from the Winn Dixie shopping center to the Lake Mary station via LYNX Link 45. Don't have to deal with darn theme park parking or I-4 Traffic, might take longer but it's easy to do! :)

Disney4family

Don't envy the time it took to get to my car tonight. From MK park exit to my car in the MK lot was an hour and 15 minutes. #transportationfail
...but it would take me that to drive what really should be a 20 min drive to the airport, to fly 2 1/2 hours to get to the Mickey bus to get to the resort (BLT) to walk to the MK to be there.
(p.s. I'll keep you company and walk you to your car in 60 days! Making my FastPasses now!! :joyfull:)

raven

...but it would take me that to drive what really should be a 20 min drive to the airport, to fly 2 1/2 hours to get to the Mickey bus to get to the resort (BLT) to walk to the MK to be there.
(p.s. I'll keep you company and walk you to your car in 60 days! Making my FastPasses now!! :joyfull:)
Should I mention that last night was a constant downpour and over an hour, of that hour and a half, was standing to wait for a ferry boat in the open rain? I'll trade that "commute" for a longer, dry one. Every guest soaked to the bone, cranky, tired and sweaty. NOT exactly the most magical end to a day at Disney.

TaoBoxer

North west of Tampa. About a 90-minute drive, depending on traffic. We go when we can, but it never seems to be enough!

Sans Souci

1,015 miles and I am cool with that. I love visiting WDW, but part of what makes it special for me is the distance. I love cheesecake, but I only eat it at certain holidays. If I ate it everyday, I would get sick of it and it would no longer feel like a treat.

Disney4family

Should I mention that last night was a constant downpour and over an hour, of that hour and a half, was standing to wait for a ferry boat in the open rain? I'll trade that "commute" for a longer, dry one. Every guest soaked to the bone, cranky, tired and sweaty. NOT exactly the most magical end to a day at Disney.
e37e987a2a7e0559359af0220c636b30.jpg

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
How in the world did you get that score on Buzz Lightyear? Please teach me!

When you know which particular targets to go after, it isn't hard to max out your score within minutes and just coast through the rest of the ride. For instance, in the first room when you can start shooting, before you go into the one with the volcano, turn your car around and aim for the target on the back of the robot's hand. Lots of points. And in the room you see Zurg for the first time, hit the bottom-most target. Again, lots of points.

Disney4family

Try telling that to the thousands of angry off guests that were leaving MK at that time last night.
I guess.
Two years ago (two Augusts ago), the heavens opened every evening. It was horrific, especially to the Disney Guest who dreams of Florida sunshine and not "liquid" sunshine as they count down the days.
My own mother in NY was texting me to seek shelter one evening as a wicked cell just sat on top of WDW. After waiting 45 minutes under a small awning near Guest Relations outside MK, we took off our socks and sneakers, placed them in the clear, plastic backpack my husband carries, and ran barefoot for the monorail.
Normally we would walk back to BLT, but running knee-deep in puddles while ground lightning struck all around was stressful enough. I also didn't want to spend my evening blow drying our sneakers for the next day of magic.
It was horrible. It seemed to take forever. But - we were in WDW. We spent a glorious day in the MK. We went "home" to BLT/The Contemporary. We were sad it was nasty, but we were happy.
I would choose that evening a thousands times over the evening I am having right now on Long Island typing this in my kitchen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom