How busy is MK after midnight???

need2go2wdw

Original Poster
So, this week and next, with MK having hours open until 1am and even til 3am with EMH, since I have never been at the parks this late, I was wondering just how busy it is at those times? I think it would be awesome to close out the park at 3am sometime! Anyone here done that, and if so, did you have full reign over the park, or were there lots of others partying til the wee hours? :)

Master Gracey 5

So, this week and next, with MK having hours open until 1am and even til 3am with EMH, since I have never been at the parks this late, I was wondering just how busy it is at those times? I think it would be awesome to close out the park at 3am sometime! Anyone here done that, and if so, did you have full reign over the park, or were there lots of others partying til the wee hours? :)

Every time MK is open to 3am while we are there, we go! They only stay open this late when its the crowded season, so it tends to be fairly busy until about 11:30 when the second showing of Spectromagic ends. After that the young children and families go and the place quiets down considerably. You can walk on most rides other than Space Mountain, Splash, Thunder and for some reason Peter Pan. We get our fill of the main attractions during these hours when the lines are short. If you can stay after midnight I'd recommend it!

Pioneer Hall

If the park is open until 2 or 3, then the crowds really start to thin out between 12 and 1. I have been there on a number of occasions at this time and I usually get on any attraction with little or no wait. While I usually find evening extra magic hours to bring large crowds to the popular attractions, 3am closings are definitely the exception.

glee

Not busy at all. Some of the big rides still have a fairly long wait (30/40 mins) but i suppose its because all the ones without kids stay. After 12 its not bad at all.

datw@epcot

check out wdwfigment's trip reports, he has some pretty interesting pictures of times when he has been at the magic kingdom at closing time

need2go2wdw

Original Poster
That's awesome! One day, when I decide to tackle WDW during a busy season like now, I will have to try to do it! I'll have to make sure it's on a night before a day that I have nothing scheduled early in the morning cause I need my sleep :snore: !

thedisneyfreak

I have only had the chance to do this once in 36 trips to WDW, but the one time i did was amazing and totally worth while. As far as crouds go, there were mostly teens and adults with out kids. Accually it was the first time I was ever at MK at night.

nngrendel

This thread makes me so happy! :)
MK is open until 2am on our visit and I plan on taking full advantage of these hours. Cant wait!!

Azerin

Yeah, late night MK is awesome :) love it when they have late EMH like this... although of course it makes it hard to get up for rope drop the next morning LOL

JimboJones123

Remember, if you play your cards right, you can linger for another 30-45 minutes after 3am too. Grab an ice cream and a table in front of the plaza for 20 minutes.

SOLISIMO

that 2-3am hour at Magic Kingdom is SOOOOO HARD to get to...but well worth it if you can make it!

I would have to agree, my wife always plans it and after a full day at the parks, I cannot even come close to making it lol. If i take a nap, good luck waking me up:ROFLOL:

Tinkermommy

We did this last year. Dropped the kids off with the grandparents and the grown ups went crazy. Amazing time! We rode Space Mountain again and again and again. Granted I couldn't move my neck the next morning, but it was worth it!

MAGICFLOP

I am a night person. I can/do stay up to 2am on any given night. I work 2nd shift.

BUT !!!

When I am in FL, there is no way I can keep my eyes open past 11pm. Never could figure it out.

rodserling27

I don't think I've EVER experienced a crowded time after midnight at the MK. We can almost always ride Splash and BTMRR back to back to back to back in a marathon, with some HM thrown in there as well. NEVER a line. In fact, that's my favorite part of going to WDW, using EMH to marathon ride those three bad boys (and Space too, if it's less than 10 min wait )

DizneyPryncess

It's fantastic from my experience - but make sure you have a lot of caffeine on hand! After a long day at the park, I'm ready to crash how it is, but staying up until 3 is a serious challenge. The following day is always a pool day so we can recover. :)

timeman

I was able to do it for my birthday last year. I lucked out because when I had checked the schedule earlier that month it show the park closing at 10pm with EMH till 1am. I arrived the night before my birthday and they had changed the hours to where the park closed at 12am and EMH lasted till 3am. The first hour there were some lines especially at Peter pan, but after 1am it had died down and I was able to walk on every ride with no wait. I did the Speedway around 2am and when I finished the circuit they asked if I wanted to go around again. I did and when I finished the circuit the 2nd time they asked if i wanted to go around for a third time. I stayed in the park till around 3:30am and caught The Kiss Goodnight and caught the bus back to the resort.

I got to bed a little after 4am and was up again around 8am. I then went to Universal for a couple of hours and then drove 12 hours home on less then four hours of sleep. I will never do that again as it took me a little longer to get home as I was stopping a lot to stretch and keep from getting to drowsy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom