How big will MK24 really be...Crowd Comparison?

mickeysaver

I am thinking of going into MK at like 3am or something like that, go on some rides and then watch the sun rise!

I like that idea, but according to the info that I just looked up, sunrise won't be occuring until after the park has closed.

March 01, 2012
Astronomical Twilight: 5:33am
Nautical Twilight: 6:00am
Civil Twilight: 6:27am
Sunrise: 6:51am

MickeyPeace

I'm glad to finally start seeing some excitement over this. Seems like most people on the boards bashed it.

I booked my flight and will be down there for it. Sounds fun to me.

darthokeefe

Whats awsome is that i was flyng that day anyway i can

1) Fly in
2) Check in at Animal Kingdom Vills
3) Go To Magic Kingdom
4) Go back to room for nap
5) Go to HOUSE OF BLUES for Dropkick Murphys Concert and drinks
6) Go Back to MK around 11:30 - 12:00 and stay til 6 am...and ill get to be tipsey in in MK which i have never really been able to pull off before.

BEST TRIP EVER

palmickey420

actually people on this site guessed it would probably be a 24 hr disney day, but when they announced it, the day it was one just happened to be in the middle of my spring break (my college has spring break earlier than everyone else) i had my dad call and try to make reservations at one of the DVC resorts around magic kingdom (which is contemporary and wilderness) and we got a room at bay lake towers, lake view (MK view was gone) but my plan is to be there the whole 24 hrs and if i have to take a break ill just walk or take the monorail back. so if we were able to get a room at the contemporary this close to the day, i don't think they'll be too crowded.

dsnygrl86

I like that idea, but according to the info that I just looked up, sunrise won't be occuring until after the park has closed.

But don't forget that the park opens at 6am too, so if you are there for park opening then you can witness the sunrise for the start of the park being open for 24 hours.:sohappy:

AlishaMisha

Darn. Thank you for letting me know! I would of hated to be there that early and realize I couldn't do what I set out to do.

Flight Safety

Personally, I think this is a dumb gimmick. At the wee-hours of the morning, you're going to see some psychos out in the park, but I can't imagine the MK being packed with die-hards at 5am.

Also, a great deal of these specific day events require people to plan ahead.....a great deal. I booked my 40th anniversary (the MK, not me) trip for this past october, last november (in 2010). They announced this all-day event 2 months ahead of the actual day. Not many people are going to look at this and go "woah, we gotta book a vacation for that day..."

So really, it appears that Disney is pandering to the locals and the real psychos....nothing else.

It saddens me that this years 'promotion' is centered around this stupid stunt, and nothing else more. How far we've fallen from the year of a million dreams....

Although I'm a bit dissapointed, I think that being open for 24H is cool. Call me psyco if you wish, but I will certainly be there. If only to say I was there. I have done a few AM rope drop to 3AM EMH close trips to MK and it was very hard to make it. You'd be surprised at how many "psycos" will be there at 5:00am riding Space Mountain. The fact that this somewhat appeals and caters to people like me who have been passholders for years, is great.

As cool as it might be to ride Pirates or whatever at 3 or 4 am, I can't see myself enjoying it since my body will be asking for sleep. I'm thinking many people realize this and the park is gonna be quite empty after 2 am. And if you have young children "fuggetaboutit" (New York accent)

You would be very surprised at how many people are still in the parks at 2am for EMH, especially those with kids.

I'm there! I guess I'm a psycho.:ROFLOL:

This! :sohappy:

I just hope they ACTUALLY do something. Anything. Run main street vehicles with lights on, bring out characters, offer dance parties. Seems like an easy and cheap way to create a fun day. BUT please, please don't just do some silly speech and sell cupcakes!!!

OMG! DOUBLE THIS! (you get two applauding smiley faces) :sohappy: :sohappy:

So am I. I'm really contemplating a one night stay at the Contemporary. It might be worth it.

Can I borrow some $? :D Totally worth it, I love the Contemp, just very expensive, even with the 35% Passholder discount.

I am thinking of going into MK at like 3am or something like that, go on some rides and then watch the sun rise!

I was going to do the same thing! But as someone pointed out, I dont think it will be possible to be in the park. That is of course unless we hide out in the restrooms in the back near Pirates! LOL!

jjnshane

I assume that buses to the resorts would be running all night, right?

I am really considering surprising my daughter by getting a room at one of the resorts (I would LOVE to stay at one on the monorail line, but that is just too expensive for the convenience) and then stay at the park all night. I would go all day AND night, but that would mean taking both Wednesday and Thursday off of school for my daughter and me. I am toying with the idea of going to school all day on Wednesday and then coming down, checking in to a room and resting until 10 PM or so then heading over to the park for the overnight hours – at least for as long as we can take it – then heading back to the resort for a few hours sleep before check out.
Just a thought I am kicking around.

drew81

I assume that buses to the resorts would be running all night, right?

I am really considering surprising my daughter by getting a room at one of the resorts (I would LOVE to stay at one on the monorail line, but that is just too expensive for the convenience) and then stay at the park all night. I would go all day AND night, but that would mean taking both Wednesday and Thursday off of school for my daughter and me. I am toying with the idea of going to school all day on Wednesday and then coming down, checking in to a room and resting until 10 PM or so then heading over to the park for the overnight hours – at least for as long as we can take it – then heading back to the resort for a few hours sleep before check out.
Just a thought I am kicking around.

You can watch MISICI at 4am in the morning ;)

I may be there for it. I haven't made up my mind yet.

mickeysaver

MISICI at 4 am :sohappy: I think that should help get the blood pumping and wake us and warm us up a little.

I keep saying "us", but I still am not sure if I can find a way to be there or not yet. All I know for sure is that, I wanna be there.

jjnshane

You can watch MISICI at 4am in the morning ;)

I may be there for it. I haven't made up my mind yet.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

WE'LL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you Drew -- you just made my whole day, if not my weekend!!!!!! :kiss:

puntagordabob

So really, it appears that Disney is pandering to the locals and the real psychos....nothing else.
QUOTE]

...And WHAT excactly is wrong with throwing us WDW Locals something special once in a while Mate? We are turning those turnstiles you mentioned all year long...during the peak season, during the lean season, and everything in Between! Sorry this promotion does not make you happy...but a lot of us down here think it will be a bit of Fun so dont rain on our parade.

If I could go to this, I would probably spend the earlier hours of the morning walking around and taking pictures.

+1...... as Stacy says on the resort tv taking pictures during the wee hours will be a Disney Must Do!

I am only commenting that it has very little impact on the majority people that pay to turn the turnstiles. A successful marketing approach has few viable objectives....almost all of them result in higher ROI. How is increasing park hours for one day for such a small percentage of annual park visitors going to do that? I can't *wait* to hear your answer for this....:slurp:

Not sure if the person you directed this will answer you but if you actually read the details of the promotion beyond the single 24 hour opening, this promotion encompasses people visiting "Spend an extra night for free at either a Disneyland Resort Hotel or a Walt Disney World Resort hotel when you book a Room and Ticket Package for 3 nights or more, between February 26 and March 10, 2012. Purchase before January 31, 2012.
Plus, beginning January 1, 2012, Disney Parks.com is giving away a vacation package every day until February 29, 2012 and has an exciting special offer!"

Seems like it will impact a lot more than those of us there for the 29th.... Just Sayin'

Prediction:

Everyone complains now, and claims how Disney could have done more. The event happens- and same thing happens.

We don't know many details of the 24 hour day. Perhaps they will run fireworks or a parade at 2 or 4am. Perhaps they won't. Maybe even perimeters with Wishes? Perhaps they will have all sorts of neat things set up in the MK, perhaps they won't. I'd wait until closer to the even to see what kind of details they unfold, if any. :shrug:

yeah I agree.... while somethimes the complaints are warranted, in this case I do not feel that they are really fair.... this is an interesting promotion...and salutes to WDW for doing this... it is apparently somewhat of a tradition at DL is it not?

As far as the entertainment...as long as what the Magic Kingdom does is not blown away by the Disneyland entertainment (IE: they are closely comparable at least!) then that is fine by me...

jjnshane

QUOTE]

...And WHAT excactly is wrong with throwing us WDW Locals something special once in a while Mate? We are turning those turnstiles you mentioned all year long...during the peak season, during the lean season, and everything in Between! Sorry this promotion does not make you happy...but a lot of us down here think it will be a bit of Fun so dont rain on our parade.

AMEN! Those of us who are local do not see much benifit from most of the promotions that Disney offers -- and the year long promotion of "One More Disney Day" is really pointless for us. But to give us one day out of the year that is really geared to the locals and the real psychos (or the real phsycho locals!) is pretty special in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom