How big are the drops in EE?

Dukeblue1016

yeah in all honesty your soon should be okay... you can see the biggest (and fastest) drop if you watch the mountain and he can see how fast the trains are going and decide if he thinks he can do it or not

DubyooDeeDubyoo

Is the "Yeti sighting" that scary for children? Any suggestions to help him get over his fear? (He also dislikes Malestrom because of the trolls!) :D

Thanks.
I'm not a parent (so take the advice with some salt) but when I was a kid, I was scared of the much smaller and cheesier-looking monster in the Matterhorn, among LOTS of other things. Let's just say I'm glad I didn't have access to Universe of Energy as a kid, and I still can't ride Dinosaur or the Encounter at MK in old or tooned-up form. :)

As far as getting over mountain-dwelling yetis, I didn't ride Matterhorn until I was an adult (mostly because I spent my teens going to DL only once), so I'm not sure I can say any of these ideas will work. It's easy to see where the EE yeti could be scary, although the coaster itself might be worse depending on the child. Still, the whole attraction is filled with show elements building up to seeing it go by. Give EE a solo ride yourself and see what you think.

If you have ridden EE already, or plan to and decide to convince him to ride...

People might say this is blasphemy, but "spoiling the magic" might be a little bit necessary. Does your son know it's just a robot in a furry suit? Disney is generally a lot more open about disclosing the fact that their figs are in fact figs anymore. If he doesn't know anything about AAs, consider taking him to One Man's Dream at MGM. They have a basic AA there and with a panel you can make some minor movements with it's eyes, lips, arms, etc. The AA is a stripped down figure from Horizons so you can explain how this basic robot can be dressed up to look like anyone. It could be dressed up to look like a cowboy, a pirate, or whoever. The Yeti is really just another robot like this one dressed up to look scary, but just like the fig at OMD it only can do a few things and it can't hurt anyone.

Once you've settled that out, you might be able to convince him to ride and just not look at it when it comes up (you DID ride before-hand, didn't you?) It's how I deal with the giant snake attacking the car at DL's Indy. You'll know me in the car because I'm the guy physically hunched down looking at my own hands.:lol:

H20Babie

Spoiler?

Thanks all. Can someone tell at which point in the ride you actually see/hear the Yeti? I think if I can warn him on the ride ahead of time (so he can cover his eyes or whatever), he'll be sure to ride!

miles1

The yeti appears toward the end of the ride. (Of course you have no idea when the end of the ride will be, so this is probably useless to you. :lol: )

I am a coaster wuss and actually enjoyed EE much more than Splash, mostly because I couldn't see the big drop coming up in front of me. As long as I didn't look down on the lift hill, I was fine. I've never really enjoyed Splash that much because of the apprehension of the last big drop; I hate that feeling of falling. With EE, the drop is in the dark and you can't see how far down you're going until you get there.

I could be way off base with this theory, since I seem to be the only one that gets motion sick on Dinosaur.:lol:

haggerwood

I think covering your childs eyes is a great idea I did this with my daughter on tower of terror she loved it because she had no idea what was going we did not have a yeti issue because she liked the idea of the yeti from monsters inc and some other movies she has watched she thought he was grumpy but was not really scared and I was sitting right next to her but I would just cover your childs eyes at that part it is at the end of the ride maybe ride it once yourself then you will know exactly when to cover his eyes

goof29

If you sit in the back it's timed so the Yeti attack feels much more real and close to you. Ask to sit in the front. It's the best seat IMO, and it doesn't feel as much like the Yeti is right on top of you.

Harry456

sry but don't cover your child's eyes. That takes all the fun of the ride! Watching ToT's ride preshow and then dropping, that is the whole fun of the ride is seeing it!! If you do that on a roller coaster, the coaster loses all of the fun to it!! plus it might make you sick :(

to tell you the truth if your child love thrill rides, then if/when your child get the bejesus scaried out of him. That makes the ride ten times better. I know becasue i love thrill ride and ToT scaries the BEJESUS outta me!! That why i totally LOVE that ride!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom