How bad is it in June/July?

wedding2010

I'm getting married in May (my husband proposed to me in front of the castle last year) and we want to return to Disney World for our honeymoon. The only problem is we are both teachers and cannot leave until the last week of June/first week of July. We also teach summer school and have to be back by the third week of July, so our options are really limited. I have searched high and low and everything says the last week of june/first week of july is the hottest, rainiest, and busiest time of the year. Being that everyone on this site are true Disney fans, I wanted to know if its really that bad or can we survive it? I truly appreciate any advice you could lend, thanks so much!

lilclerk

If you're going around the 4th of July, expect some huge crowds but amazing fireworks. Just remember to relax, don't worry about rushing around to all the attractions, and (if you're staying on-site) to take breaks mid-day to go to the pool to escape the heat and you'll have fun.

Congrats!

Upvote 0

stitch & lilo

Mk usually fills to capacity early on 4th of july, so maybe hit a different park or water park, have dinner somewhere so you can view the cool fireworks. anywhere at a mk resort, poly beach is good for viewing. the pakrs will be swamped and i agree, just plan on taking it slow and maybe do some less popular rides/shows/attractions. congrats and have fun! :)

Upvote 0

EPCOT Explorer

I've been in Late June, and honestly, I think it's the best time to visit for Summer. I had low crowds, and though it was hot, it was also pretty windy.

July is much hotter, and much more crowded, but it's all manageable. :wave:

Upvote 0

Andrew54

Yeah July is pretty rough, my friend was down there last year for the 4th of july. They had celebration for 6,000 immigrants in front of the castle that day. So to say the least park hit capacity.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell397

I have been 6 times in the summer and it is HOT! Last summer I was there for the 4th and the park was packed but we had a great time. Be sure to take advantage of the water rides and pack hand-held fans and spray bottles. I love Disney in the summer for the EMH, the water parks and hotel pools.
I leave on Monday for my first "winter trip". Not sure what to pack for 60 degree weather. :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

wedding2010

Original Poster
Thanks

Thank you all so much for your kind and helpful responses, you have helped to calm my fears that it's too hot or crowded to be worthwhile. I guess we just need to enjoy the waterparks as well!

Upvote 0

DrummerAlly

The only problem is we are both teachers and cannot leave until the last week of June/first week of July.

We're in the same position as you. I'm a high school teacher which left us with the really hot summer months for our wedding and honeymoon. We decided to just go with July, splurge on the deluxe resort, and plan to spend lots of time laying by the pool and the beach when the parks get too crowded for us.

I'm really hoping my next teaching job brings me to a district with a value season week long break for WDW. I can dream....

Upvote 0

MickeyTheMouse

Congratulations, first of all. Second, I would try to aim for the last week of June. The first week of July is awful because of the forth and the heat and rain and being crowded next to lots of people definitely makes it uncomfortable. Also, Universal's Wizarding World of Harry Potter is opening a month or two earlier which should keep huge crowds at WDW at bay. :)

Upvote 0

m&mmom

I LOVE Disney in the summer! We're going in late June this year and we've gone in July and August as well as April. Yes, it's hot, but you'll be in and out of rides, but there are cooling stations with mist and you can always duck into a shop if you need a quick cool down. Summer means much longer park hours, night swimming since it will be warm enough and usually in the summer referbs are low. Mys sister just came back yesterday and although they had a great time, so many things were in rehab and it was too cold to swim, it was actually unusually cold. The park is crowded, but we've never found it unbearable and we've been going since our kids were 3 and 6(they are now 10 and 7). And my husband and I went ourselves before the kids came along. Have fun and congrats!

Upvote 0

SeaCastle

I went a few times in June, usually the last week of the month. It's warm and a bit crowded, and our family vowed never to return during June. Personally though, it doesn't sound nearly as bad as it is during the more busier times of the year, and the warm weather is kind of a blessing in some ways.

Upvote 0

kbmum

We go almost every year around the 4th of July. What I've seen is that the crowds aren't bad at the end of June, but start to pick up by July 3. We make sure to hit a ton of attractions early in the trip. We usually go to the opening of one of the parks on the 4th (avoiding morning EMH), head back to the hotel by noon when it's really crowded, and go to the pool or resort hop during the afternoon.

If you'd like a good location to watch the fireworks at MK on the 3rd and 4th, there's a great area near the buses where you can stand by the railing and see the fireworks shot over the lake. It's the same show as the one behind the castle. It's very convenient for grabbing a bus as soon as the show is done, but before the crowds start streaming out of the park.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom