How are you on your last day of work before WDW?

Tiggerfanatic

Due to our pay schedules at work, I'm actually working on the day we're leaving. Since our flight is so early in the morning, we're going to the airport the night before. Once I get home that Monday and DD gets off the bus, it's feed the livestock, kiss the cat, load the car and hit the road. I hope I can concentrate hard enough for at least a couple hours to make sure everyone's paychecks are correct!!:eek:

TheSpringers

We're leaving in about 6 weeks (just over 6 weeks weeks if you want to be technical) and I (Rach) am itching to take my suitcase out. I promised myself I wouldn't take it out until the beginning of October at least. Usually it's the week before we leave that gets to me. It's so slow and just keeps dragging on.

Woody74

Going Stir Crazy

Oh man, is it 5 yet? Goin' nuts here!
:lookaroun

2.5 hours to go, and then...

Flying down on Sunday; haven't been in 7 years!

Ran around on my lunchbreak like a madman, doing last minute errands.

Won't be long now...

:sohappy:

New2WDW

Okay..

So today is my last day at the office before my trip on Monday. I cannot concentrate at all- and I've got the nervous bug. The excitement is building. Are the rest of you like this? Do you stress out like crazy the last day- or do you procrastinate?

:)

What do you mean last day......it is more like last month!:lol:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Okay..

So today is my last day at the office before my trip on Monday. I cannot concentrate at all- and I've got the nervous bug. The excitement is building. Are the rest of you like this? Do you stress out like crazy the last day- or do you procrastinate?

:)

Procraaaaaastination, procraaaaaastination. A dream, a dream, a dream come true.......:lookaroun

CAPTAIN HOOK

The last day of work I'm fine - its the days between work and leaving for WDW that stress me - have we remembered everything, who had the tickets last etc, etc

fredtom

We're usually packed and ready to go when the "packing fairy" arrives the weekend or so before we leave. I'm walking on a cloud the day before, smiling the whole day and humming Disney tunes... "everybody has a Laughing Place to go ho-ho..."

12 days away!!!!

"An Adventurers life is best!" :lol:

mac41099

Well, today is my last day of work before our trip on Sunday. Actually I'm down to 1 hour and 18 minutes before I'm done.

Not much accomplished today, which isn't too much different than the past 2 weeks. Can't wait...

mac41099

I'll be at POP, too. Just look for the tall guy with his 3 year old daughter and pregnant wife.

I've been pretty calm all day. Was at the doctor's for wife check up and ultrasound half the day. Little tired from attending the Steelers' game last night, too, so the day has flown by. Need to be packed and ready for our 7am Sunday departure by 3:30 Saturday. Can't miss the Penn State/Notre Dame game. Go PSU!! :sohappy:

Cole'sMom

Almost 5:00 everyone!
I'll be the blonde with the screaming colicky 10 week old boy in my arms-but I'm still crazy about him and can't wait to take him for his first trip to the world!!

jjgoo

Already can't concentrate

I'm a month and a half away from my trip and I am already having problems focusing. I am sure my last day of work I will be close to useless. It will also be two days before I get married. So I will be especially nervous and excited. At least I'm the groom so I don't have to have everyone looknig at me coming down the aisle.

We cannot wait!:sohappy: :sohappy:

-John

Woody74

T-Minus 15 Minutes and Counting...

C'mon 5 o'clock!!!!

:brick:

Let't get the heck out of here!

1 day, 21 hours, 45 minutes to wheels on the ground at MCO...

:wave:

hokielutz

After reading everyone else's experiences of daydreaming during the last day of work..... I find that my experiences are far less attractive. Actually the whole week before becomes an exhausting roller coaster of work. It seems that everyone is aware that I will be on vacation, and its a push for last minute stuff...

I am running through old and new e-mails...
Calling to make sure any kind of issue that comes up is routed to the appropriate person while I am out.
Finishing up any remaining projects or helping other with theirs
and the list goes on...

And usually at some point during the day... I am given guilt trips for going to such nice places on vacation like Disney. "Oh, don't worry... we will be fine.. we will get through this rough patch while you are gone..."

Then I am asked if I've gone to other destinations around Orlando or are planning to this trip. And I tell them that this is a DISNEY WORLD ONLY trip.

I really wish I could spend my days before disney on the message boards...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom