How are crowds now?

shari71

Original Poster
We are leaving in two days to head on down to WDW and cannot wait. I have been following most of the threads but have some concerns.

Crowds - next week is the golf tournament and also with the Fairytale package, etc. it could be very crowded.

So my question is, how have the crowds been this week from anyone who has gone? Are the waits long or do you have to Fast Pass everything?

Big concern since I have a two year old and six month old and we will be flowing with their moods, and need to know how much to plan and how much to just let it go.

wedwayjr.

RE: Crowds

The attendence at Magic Kingdom is the highest I've seen it in years, especially this time of year. The recession is slowly coming to an end, people are ready to travel in the US. What's interesting is that attendance doesn't seem to reflect the normal school holidays anymore. School should be full in session in all parts of the US and I see more families than ever around the park.

Attendence at MGM is also high, and with towers down better to go to AK or EPOCT. Make sure to pack some patience.

RAZORBRAD

I talked to my sis-in-law today, she was in Epcot and said that it wasnt that bad.
Im glad since we are leaving Thurs. night. Its just a few hours away.

Kenan

For the past week or so, the crowds at Epcot have been beating expectations by a LOT. Wait times for TT and MS have been in the 60 - 90 minute ranges, with FastPass running out early. Ironically, this is suppose to be our "slow" period.

The week of Oct 4-12 was very busy. The busiest Oct i have ever seen. At first I thought it was b/c of all of the media events that week, but I think the attedence is just picking up. I saw wait times of 120 min for ToT (one side running), 90 min RnR, 90 min M:S stand-by, 60 min single rider, 90 min SpM, 60 min SM, etc. These are typical for June but not usually Oct. I hope they expand the hours to accommodate the crowds. Oh yeah, even the water parks were very busy.

Even with the wait times, we had a great time.

Tip: We went to MNSSHP and were able to do most rides that night. Not near as crowded as during the day.

Disneyfalcon

Yep, I was there when Buzz was and it was crowded for October. I think this is the trend. Many many school systems in the US are going to fall breaks, usually in the first week or two of October. I think the beginning of October will only continue to get busier.

You are going to be there after a lot of the breaks so that might help some! I wrote a trip report (plug plug) if you want to see how long our waits were on the 4th through 12th.

Blatant plug for my trip report: Kenan I gave you a shout out in my trip report! Do you remember me?:)

Kenan

Originally posted by Disneyfalcon

Blatant plug for my trip report: Kenan I gave you a shout out in my trip report! Do you remember me?:)

Actually, Yes I do remember you. You came up to me and inroduced yourself. So far, everyone that has introduced themselves to me, do it in the worst of positions I'm in. They are mostly in non-talking positions, cause the cars and guests have to move in and out at a high rate. I'm sorry if I seemed confused a bit, but if I was in a non-hectic position, I wouldve chatted some. I remember I was also shocked a bit, but Im always like that cause I dont expect people to know me even though I tell everyone to come and find me. I dont know if that makes much sense, but I just got home from work, and am very tired.

Disneyfalcon

No problem Kenan! You did look shocked but I'm sure it's wierd to have complete strangers approach you!
Don't worry you were still friendly! I noticed you were very busy so I tried to keep it short. Nice to see you though! I know Buzz was there, Mousemadness, Wdwfreak, etc. but you were the only person I could actually recognize! I didn't see anyone who looked like Buzz! Well other then the large character who didn't talk :lol: :lol: !

ucf disneyfan

The crowds are unusually high for this year. Yesterday we had a 45 minute wait all day at Splash Mountain. Thats very unusual for a Thursday in October. Maybe Disney has finally turned back around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom