Housekeeping door knocking at 8am on check-out days - what's going on?

Naplesgolfer

My personal opinion is that Disney not offering "DND" signs any longer means they don't intend to follow them.

But they can certainly wake you up. Then you might as well just get up and get going. Mission accomplished.
Why are you being purposefully obtuse? Surely you agree people have a right to sleep in undisturbed. As long as they are leaving by the stated check out time ,this is bad customer service and rude.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Why are you being purposefully obtuse? Surly you agree people have a right to sleep in undisturbed. As long as they are leaving by the stated check out time ,this is bad customer service and rude.
Right to sleep yes put that the sign on the front door to alert housekeeping, not that difficult to do.

Rob562

I got blasted on another board for this….(they are ding their job, do you expect early check in but won’t let others get it, would you want to do their job, bet you complain if your room is not clean….. I could go on)
But I write a sticky note that says”I will be out of the room by 10 am.
Knock on my door and I will be out at 11. Knock again and I’m asking for late check out. It’s up to you”
No one has tested me

IMO, the first line is acceptable. Everything beyond that makes you sound like a petty jerk who the housekeeper will presume won't be leaving a tip no matter what.

-Rob

flynnibus

Premium Member
Except presumably those would trigger if someone went for an early morning walk whilst everyone else was still sleeping.

But they could easily ask people to indicate somehow that they had checked out of the room, using the app maybe. That would probably work with maybe 50% or more of guests, so at least housekeeping could get started.

I mean using the tap stations. Using a physical device you pass by to encourage usage

correcaminos

So is resort check in 3pm while DVC is 5pm right?

Out of all the things Disney are forcing people to use their phone for, surely using the app to force people to confirm when they’ve left the room should be easy? Or have it on the interactive TVs while they are updating all the rooms?
I didn't see this answered - 4pm for DVC.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Nice assumption without proof. Yes cleaning staff bang on doors at Marriott also.
Funny... as a business traveler for decades I've never had myself or any acquaintances raise this concern. Where's your proof that this is a ongoing concern for customers as a systemic issue at Marriott or others?

Lilofan

Funny... as a business traveler for decades I've never had myself or any acquaintances raise this concern. Where's your proof that this is a ongoing concern for customers as a systemic issue at Marriott or others?
Ongoing concern? at Disney ( not in our numerous WDW visits ) or more magnified because it's Disney. Yea, that's it..

flynnibus

Premium Member
up next... the food court staff gonna start cleaning tables while customers are still trying to eat so they can encourage them to leave to increase turnover?

Dining wait staff gonna remind customers they can leave so restaurants can increase turnover?

All open game right??

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
up next... the food court staff gonna start cleaning tables while customers are still trying to eat so they can encourage them to leave to increase turnover?

Dining wait staff gonna remind customers they can leave so restaurants can increase turnover?

All open game right??
Maybe just bad luck, but this happens to me at Satu'li, every time I'm there. CMs continuously asking if they can clear my tray/plates while I'm still eating. 😐

WorldExplorer

Had this happen, too. Told them we would be out by 10:00, and then they showed up earlier than that to ask again.

Nice to know we were not alone in getting the "Timon at the end of Festival of the Lion King" treatment. "Glad to have you! You were great! Really! Now GET OUT."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom