Housekeeping door knocking at 8am on check-out days - what's going on?

Disone

As far as the knocking on the doors, it typically doesn't happen before 9:00 a.m. and shouldn't happen if you have a privacy sign, or what is now called a room occupied sign, on your door.

I have absolutely had a guest Call to say they were furious at the housekeeper who knocked on their door at 8:00 a.m. which just wasn't possible considering that the housekeeper didn't even clock in till 8:00 a.m., they certainly weren't at anyone's door at that time. Except for maybe the time clock's🙂

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilofan

As far as the knocking on the doors, it typically doesn't happen before 9:00 a.m. and shouldn't happen if you have a privacy sign, or what is now called a room occupied sign, on your door.

I have absolutely had a guest Call to say they were furious at the housekeeper who knocked on their door at 8:00 a.m. which just wasn't possible considering that the housekeeper didn't even clock in till 8:00 a.m., they certainly weren't at anyone's door at that time. Except for maybe the time clock's🙂
Some who come to WDW come from different time zones so perhaps the guest did not adjust their time in their watch / cell phone. One aspect I like in getting a room cleaned early after guest departs, is that is there is a room ready before lunch at times we can check in early and not be charged an early check in fee.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom