Housekeepers still pose toys in hotel rooms?

thom1414

Original Poster
Here's one for you guys: Do you know if the housekeepers at the resorts still pose kids toys in the windows/beds? When the kids get back from resorts they see a fun scene in the main window of your room. We had fun with this last time we went in 2007, can you give me an update?

Thanks!

PAW PAW 70

Last year mousekeeping only left towel animals for kids on the bed. Kids put their own stuffed animals in the window. Each day they would add the towel animal to their window.

slappy magoo

I don't think there's any obligation for Mousekeeping to do anything but clean your room, so if they do anything cute for you like pose your kids' stuffed animals or do "towel origami" than that's just a cute perk. I think it's great when they do it, but I never expect it so it's a nice surprise if it happens.

rob0519

We've been to WDW more than 25 times, mostly in deluxe resorts and only once, back in about 2001 did we get a towel animal ant it was the only time we stayed at CBR. So, as others have said, it's not a wide practice.

ABQ

A friend of mine just got back from one of the values, not sure which, over the Memorial Day weekend and they did find stuffed animals all posed up. His kids loved it.

disney4life2008

January at sports - mousekeeping left the towel animals on the bed. I always like coming back to the room after a long day in the parks to a clean fresh room :)

slappy magoo

It's not a wide practice? When we go down for more than a day or two....we have always stayed at POFQ...and they always get the animals! Guess it's another reason why we like FQ! We just have not stayed at the other ones long enough to notice it!

I don't think there's a "towel animal origami" course Mousekeepers take (though hey, I could be wrong). I think it's something they pick up along the job when someone has time to teach it to them (or they figure it out as they go). So whether or not you find them in your room might be who's cleaning your room, how long they've been on the job, do they know how to do it, and do they have time to do it.

Much-Pixie-Dust

We got them nightly at AOA and Caribbean, but never at CS, POFQ, AKL, or POR. At AKL , they would arrange my daughter's plush toys on the bed where she slept. When we stayed at CS, we declined room service one day and the mousekeeper hugged me and told me I made her day. Mousekeeping works so hard. I am grateful for the service they provide. A cute towel animal is just icing on the cake.

AndyS2992

We only ever get this on arrival:
mickey-all-star2.jpg

And then usually one or two of these things:
1.jpeg

And this is over the course of 14 day stays.

Only once have they posed the plushies and that was back in 2008.

Shadowgate

Yeah, out of our last 5 times, since 2004, we have always had something done at the very least with the towels. One year they had created a hammock between the beds made with a towel and had my daughters characters sleeping it with a washcloth as a blanket. Daughter loved it! This was at FQ as well.

WWWD

I don't think there's a "towel animal origami" course Mousekeepers take (though hey, I could be wrong). I think it's something they pick up along the job when someone has time to teach it to them (or they figure it out as they go). So whether or not you find them in your room might be who's cleaning your room, how long they've been on the job, do they know how to do it, and do they have time to do it.

Last March while staying at Beach Club Villas we noticed a sign for a towel animal class for guests during the day (can't remember what day it was offered).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom