Housekeepers still pose toys in hotel rooms?

righttrack

I'm guessing they probably rotate rooms they do this in,so that may explain the different experiences depending on length of stay. Normally, we get the "Mickey" on the bed for arrival. We would get some towel animals and and a hammock of sorts for the kids stuffed animals when they had them. That would be for a week's stay.

Mista C

Stayed at POFQ last month and all three nights they made towel animals and arranged my daughters stuffed animals on the beds.

ImagineerDude

There's always towel animals when we stay (never stayed at Deluxe, only Value and Mod). I guess Mousekeeping liked my family's toys and stuffed animals so much he/she stole them :D (true story, investigated by Orange County police and everything :p )

eblaz37

When I worked at All-Star in 2010, this was considered standard practice. Mousekeeping was to have at least one in the rooms at all time. Much of the time, the one animal in the front window would stay there until a guest moved it, sometimes weeks at a time. But that counted toward the one-per-room requirement!

I know this is pretty much standardized on DCL, as well as other cruise lines!

ninjaprincesst

We have stayed at movies, music, sports, pop, Caribbean beach, and multiple times at the Wilderness Lodge and have received towel animals and had her stuffed animals arranged at every one of them , every day. I think the key to getting them may be the tips for the maid daily.

coachwnh

Our kids look forward to the towel animals. Our kids always take their favorite stuffed animals on trips, and yes, mousekeeping has arranged them when fixing up the beds.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
We have had them at least once per trip since 2000. Now that we have little kids we seem to get more attention in this area with animals being placed in the windows or extra towel animals appearing during the trip.

HatboxGhost

Most of the time we get towel animals left for us. Before we leave for our vacation we take an envelope for every day we will be in Disney, stick some money inside, and do some cute Disney style artwork on the envelope itself for the mousekeepers. The first time we did it, we figure they would get a kick out of it but didn't know about the towel animals that they make. It was a nice surprise. Its also a fun pre-vacation project for my wife and myself.

ninjaprincesst

Most of the time we get towel animals left for us. Before we leave for our vacation we take an envelope for every day we will be in Disney, stick some money inside, and do some cute Disney style artwork on the envelope itself for the mousekeepers. The first time we did it, we figure they would get a kick out of it but didn't know about the towel animals that they make. It was a nice surprise. Its also a fun pre-vacation project for my wife and myself.
That is what we do too, I always make an envelope for every day, and we always seem to get the animals

patch553

my wife always carries at least one soft toy with us,and upon arrival buys at least 2 more,they always end up in the bed with us , when we return from the parks in the afternoons and mousekeeping has been in,the toys are all up on the pillows with towel animals that relate to whoever the toys are(ie if the toy was mickey there was a Minnie head made of towels).only a simple thing but the look on my wifes face is priceless:)

BuddyThomas

That is what we do too, I always make an envelope for every day, and we always seem to get the animals
You took the words right out of my mouth. We always leave five or so bucks a day and we have always gotten the towel animals, every time. Obviously I can't say for sure if the tips have anything to do with this, but it does make you wonder.......

Beckariah

at POP in 2011 they would pose my son's lego men all the time.
On the beds, in the windows. always a differnt pose/scene.
it was one of his fave things - to run to our room, after a day at the parks, to see what they had done!

2golftoday

We stayed at WL in July. The mousekeepers left us towel animals everyday and also posed our grandson's plush toys with them. He loved coming back each day to see what new animal was added to the mix. :)

scoobygirl39541

The "towel animals" seemed to have gotten very generic over the past couple years. You're still practically guaranteed the Mickey towel on the bed and a few tiny animals. The only time we had anything extra was our first trip in 2001 at POFQ. Every time we got back to our room my stuffed toys would be all over the room like they were busy all day! One was always in the shower with a shower cap on and towel around its waste. My stuffed dog was always positioned like it was chasing the toilet paper. Just really creative stuff! Never saw anything like it since!

I think we took pictures, but that was before digital cameras... so good luck finding them in the endless boxes of photos :p

Last edited:

Tiggertoo56

We've had both plush characters and towel arrangements each time we have been - in CBR, ASM (x2) and POR (x2) - in windows and on beds. It's something we look forward to - not each day but anytime during the trips. We do always leave mousekeeping tips during our stay - but on days when we didn't we still had arrangements to come back to.:)

TB4244

We got quite a few varieties last May at ASM. Mickey ears, various animals and even a stingray (the sea creature not the submarine!). We also discovered our plushies arranged in a curtain hammock in the window too.

They're just too cute to use as a towel after...

Sparkle81

At our stay at SSR last December, we got a towel Mickey on the bed on arrival, a towel swan towards the end of our trip, and my DS's stuffed animals were tucked up in bed a couple of times. A cute surprise when we had it :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom