House of Mouse

rrmossy

Original Poster
Does anyone know if Disney has ever planned (or even thought of the idea) of opening a "House of Mouse" restaurant at one of the parks ?? I've watched the tv show a few times with my kids and it seems like a great idea. The restaurant could be themed to look the one on the show and there could be random character drop-ins/meet & greets throughout the day. To make it more like the show, they could even have character tables where either costumed characters come in to sit down and pretend to be dining OR they could have tables with character statues, etc. There could be old Mickey cartoons playing on the stage screen. If its done right, it could be a great dining experience, with good food & fun for the family. What do you think ????

CoffeeJedi

i've always thought it would be great fit for the Studios
the art-deco design of the club was always consistent and gave the show an unmistakable "Disney theme park" feel, they even refered to the club as being located "on Main Street"

i loved the references to the parks as well, the hitchhiking ghosts made a few appearances, but there were also references to Pirates, Pleasure Island, Splash Mountain, and other little nods here and there. Not only theme parks, but references to the company's heritage as well, like Herbie or Ub Iwerks and even Roy Disney making an appearance at the end of one cartoon.

mkepcotmgmak

rrmossy said:
Does anyone know if Disney has ever planned (or even thought of the idea) of opening a "House of Mouse" restaurant at one of the parks ?? I've watched the tv show a few times with my kids and it seems like a great idea. The restaurant could be themed to look the one on the show and there could be random character drop-ins/meet & greets throughout the day. To make it more like the show, they could even have character tables where either costumed characters come in to sit down and pretend to be dining OR they could have tables with character statues, etc. There could be old Mickey cartoons playing on the stage screen. If its done right, it could be a great dining experience, with good food & fun for the family. What do you think ????

this was a rumor a while back, and i think it's a A GREAT IDEA!
kind of doing away with the traditional character dinner, and this eating establishment could allow ANY DISNEY CHARACTER ON ANY DAY! it would be great, the randomness of the characters. i think it would be hilarious for a villain to just come before his or her set, walk to a table, say he/she had reservations for it, and what are these people doing sitting here, get mad, and storm out.
mickey could come in every once in a while to introduce a new cartoon that's about to play on the giant screen, and penguins could serve food... not to everyone of course, but off and on, for great atmosphere!

NeXuS1000

Hehe, I thought the same thing. I have it planned for my Isle of Disney imagineering project in the Magic Kingdom for either Toontown or Fantasyland...

NeedABreak

Oh yeah! That would be great! Forget kids, I would eat there myself. MGM has sci-fi and 50's so I think something like this should be in Toontown. There realy isn't o much to do there but meet characters. Could also work as a really cool dinner show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom