"House of Magic" Returns to Main Street Magic Kingdom

geekza

My heart wants it to be a return of the actual magic shop. My brain tells me that I wouldn't put it past them to move Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom there.

TJJohn12

My heart wants it to be a return of the actual magic shop. My brain tells me that I wouldn't put it past them to move Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom there.

As an avid Sorcerers player, this doesn't seem like a bad fit either. Having a magic shop is cool - but I can grab that stuff from Archie McPhee pretty easily now. Having a purpose-designed space with proper theming for a Sorcerers HQ, though? That would up the "attraction" classification of the game quite a bit in my mind.

Kman101

As an avid Sorcerers player, this doesn't seem like a bad fit either. Having a magic shop is cool - but I can grab that stuff from Archie McPhee pretty easily now. Having a purpose-designed space with proper theming for a Sorcerers HQ, though? That would up the "attraction" classification of the game quite a bit in my mind.

It may not be the worst idea. They could even still sell a small bit of merchandise themed to magic. I know I'll probably get stoned but I don't hate the idea ...

RobBlock

How is Archie McPhee anywhere close to a real magic shop? Tin foil hats, rubber chickens and finger hands are not magic.

TJJohn12

How is Archie McPhee anywhere close to a real magic shop? Tin foil hats, rubber chickens and finger hands are not magic.

I guess I'm saying that the internet kills the novelty of a magic shop that existed in the 1950s when Walt first included one in a Main Street. I just watched a local small town magic shop & magic performance space open, try to retool as a music shop as well, then fail and leave an empty storefront - all in 6 months.

Sundown

Original Poster
The more I think about it, the more I see that Disney has a potential Potter-fighter in "House of Magic". Think about it for a bit. (and man, wouldn't it be nice to see a Park-original IP expanded outside the park vs. the other way around...)

1.) "House of Magic". Get some talented writers and a book series based around this them could build a great universe.
2) Could lay the foundation/be the cornerstone of a Marvel-like connected universe. Almost anything Magic related could be included, including the concept of a "Magic Kingdom", or the use of Sorcerers, the fortune tellers at Disneyland, connect to even the hugely successful Pirates of the Caribbean, the Abracadabar, etc., etc.

Thoughts?

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
The more I think about it, the more I see that Disney has a potential Potter-fighter in "House of Magic". Think about it for a bit. (and man, wouldn't it be nice to see a Park-original IP expanded outside the park vs. the other way around...)

1.) "House of Magic". Get some talented writers and a book series based around this them could build a great universe.
2) Could lay the foundation/be the cornerstone of a Marvel-like connected universe. Almost anything Magic related could be included, including the concept of a "Magic Kingdom", or the use of Sorcerers, the fortune tellers at Disneyland, connect to even the hugely successful Pirates of the Caribbean, the Abracadabar, etc., etc.

Thoughts?

Sounds like you might have a winner in fixing the screenplay to Jon Favreau's MAGIC KINGDOM movie in all honestly. It's been in developmental hell for years. House of Magic could easily serve as the plot device though it could also be it's own movie if done properly.

Sundown

Original Poster
Ooohhh....I like it Magicart87! I had forgotten all about Favreau working on a Magic Kingdom movie idea.

Man, great thinking. How about the idea of using House Of Magic as the banner/umbrella title, an dpotentially use the "Magic Kingdom" as a type of third-movie in a trillogy. Like building-up to it...then expanding that out into a potential spin-off? Man, the ideas are flowing now.

Sundown

Original Poster
Also, a 'House of Magic' park tidbit:

When they were developing Abracadabar, the tavern/restaurant on the Disney Boardwalk, there was an idea to possibly establish connections to the House of Magic. Not sure what type of connections, if it was building to a bigger theme, etc. It was apparently decided against. But it would have been a great idea, IMO.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
When they were developing Abracadabar, the tavern/restaurant on the Disney Boardwalk, there was an idea to possibly establish connections to the House of Magic. Not sure what type of connections, if it was building to a bigger theme, etc. It was apparently decided against. But it would have been a great idea, IMO.

Could also serve as the new base of operations for a Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. Lots of potential in turning the House of Magic into an IP from the inside out. Rebuild converting back into a novelties and magic shop with revised Sorcerers game. Then a movie! Then mini land expansion with Mickey and the Magician stage show in revisited theater build, using characters from HOM movie #micdrop

Last edited:

geekza

Could also serve as the new base of operations for a Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. Lots of potential in turning the House of Magic into an IP from the inside out. Rebuild converting back into a novelties and magic shop with revised Sorcerers game. Then a movie! Then mini land expansion with Mickey and the Magician stage show in revisited theater build, using characters from HOM movie #micdrop
It's an amazing idea! Sadly, now that it has been publicly posted onto the Internet, Disney would likely stay away from it because they'd need to pay you for the idea. (Please, Disney, pay them for the idea...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom