"House of Magic" Returns to Main Street Magic Kingdom

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In other words, dont hold your breathe. A magic shop = themed shop. Modern Disney does no do themed stores and merchandise. Instead they build mega cash generating Theme park versions of the Disney Stores.

...yep...with really crappy product

Last edited by a moderator:

Bocabear

And that is sort of the point...you remember the shopping when it was special products, not a giant Wal-Mart of generic Disney branded stuff... They really need to think about adding specialized shopping again like they did with Memento Mori...and use that as a way to drive attendance for Disney Springs if you miss buying something in one of the parks...just go to the World Of Disney store...

HouseOfMagic77

I've lurked on these boards for years but happy to finally post. I almost died when I saw HOUSE OF MAGIC back where it was supposed to be. I was in the parks when it happened so didn't learn about it on the boards. As we unsuspectingly walked up Main Street, my kids were laughing at me about how I was going to glumly point to the Main Street Athletic Shop and begin my woeful tale about how it used to be one of my favorite places in the world when I was a kid--the place that caused me to become an amateur magician and eventually a professional one! So, they're teasing me and I'm laughing and, yet, I am nevertheless beginning my tale about the masks and the SS Adams tricks and the Randotti section and the silver and gold skull necklaces and rings with faux ruby eyes... I am pointing the mansard roof and explaining how the building even looks a little more mysterious than those on either side... when all of us just stop dead in our tracks. I literally could not believe what I was seeing since I hadn't seen it since I was 14. There it was THE HOUSE OF MAGIC. It was the beginning of our trip so it sort of made the whole next several days better for me. The windows were themed and they were selling t-shirts (I bought 2) so I didn't let myself feel disappointed that the store itself had not materialized. At least, not yet. I am holding out hope they make a return to the dimly lit domain of ghoulish trickery and magic. Memento Mori finally allowed me to let go of my sadness over Ichabod's Landing having vanished! But I can never stop hoping that the HOUSE OF MAGIC returns!

Sundown

Original Poster
I received the limited edition House of Magic t-shirts...and they're terrific. The glow in the dark feature...friggin' so cool. Glow in the dark or black light totally reminds me of the feel of the original House of Magic shop. This glowing feature looks great, and is tastefully done.The fabric feels super comfortable and the color of dark charcoal grey makes it a t-shirt I can wear often. Kudos to the designer again.

Anyone else receive their t-shirts? I'm still waiting on the Magic Band (yeah, didn't have true need for it but splurged)

HouseOfMagic77

Does anyone know if more work has been done to the interior? Or if there is anything new? For instance, the athletes were still painted along the bottom border of the front windows. I wonder if that has been removed? Or all still status quo from a month ago?

castlecake2.0

Does anyone know if more work has been done to the interior? Or if there is anything new? For instance, the athletes were still painted along the bottom border of the front windows. I wonder if that has been removed? Or all still status quo from a month ago?

Nothing of the interior had changed. Looking at the sign it looks pretty temporary to me. I’m wondering if this is a tribute/place holder while they work on the actual Hall of Champions sign at the paint shop. Just my guess.

Haymarket2008

Nothing of the interior had changed. Looking at the sign it looks pretty temporary to me. I’m wondering if this is a tribute/place holder while they work on the actual Hall of Champions sign at the paint shop. Just my guess.

I doubt it is a temporary placeholder, going back to that external design just for a few months isn't something Disney would do. Far too much effort. As to the House of Magic materializing once again for real? Who's to say?

MagicHappens1971

It’s very unlikely for Disney to create a storefront as a placeholder. I’m sure that the exterior is here to stay as the House of Magic. The interior will remain The Walmporium.

castlecake2.0

It’s very unlikely for Disney to create a storefront as a placeholder. I’m sure that the exterior is here to stay as the House of Magic. The interior will remain The Walmporium.

It just looked unfinished to me as you can see the screws holding the sign in place. It’s not uncommon for signs to be replaced with a stand in while the original goes backstage to be refurbished/repainted etc at central shops. But I could be totally wrong about this one!

MisterEric

View attachment 251355
I've lurked on these boards for years but happy to finally post. I almost died when I saw HOUSE OF MAGIC back where it was supposed to be. I was in the parks when it happened so didn't learn about it on the boards. As we unsuspectingly walked up Main Street, my kids were laughing at me about how I was going to glumly point to the Main Street Athletic Shop and begin my woeful tale about how it used to be one of my favorite places in the world when I was a kid--the place that caused me to become an amateur magician and eventually a professional one! So, they're teasing me and I'm laughing and, yet, I am nevertheless beginning my tale about the masks and the SS Adams tricks and the Randotti section and the silver and gold skull necklaces and rings with faux ruby eyes... I am pointing the mansard roof and explaining how the building even looks a little more mysterious than those on either side... when all of us just stop dead in our tracks. I literally could not believe what I was seeing since I hadn't seen it since I was 14. There it was THE HOUSE OF MAGIC. It was the beginning of our trip so it sort of made the whole next several days better for me. The windows were themed and they were selling t-shirts (I bought 2) so I didn't let myself feel disappointed that the store itself had not materialized. At least, not yet. I am holding out hope they make a return to the dimly lit domain of ghoulish trickery and magic. Memento Mori finally allowed me to let go of my sadness over Ichabod's Landing having vanished! But I can never stop hoping that the HOUSE OF MAGIC returns!

Skull necklace with faux ruby eyes...well eye in this case. Mine has taken a beating in the 20 plus years since I bought it. I was thrilled when I saw the House of Magic signage!View attachment 251355

Last edited:

Driver

I checked it out yesterday and didn't notice anything different

grim-grinning_toast

THIS IS THE SWEETEST.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom