House of Blues to change Service Industry Nights?

Next Big Thing

I dunno man, I've seen The Bouncing Souls from up front at The Social and that was amazing.

Plaza Live has a good venue too.
There are a few other nice places, but if it's not #1, it's definitely up there. Part of the problem with those venues are they are a bigger hassle to get to.

Jannus Live out in Tampa/St. Pete is an amazing venue as well, some of the best concert experiences i've had have been there.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
To add to that, I f

There are a few other nice places, but if it's not #1, it's definitely up there. Part of the problem with those venues are they are a bigger hassle to get to.

Jannus Live out in Tampa/St. Pete is an amazing venue as well, some of the best concert experiences i've had have been there.

Jannus Live is nice but Outdoors. Humidity sucks. There's another place in Ybor City I saw the Bosstones at a few years back, The Ritz I think. Good venue.

Next Big Thing

I do still wonder if it's correct that this is going away 100%. On the website, it shows Rewind Wednesday ending on 9/30 (before the Sunday 10/4 date), but then it explicitly shows it on the schedule again for 10/25 and 11/22, skipping all other Sundays in between.

So my theory on this is, either the website isn't up to date (although it clearly seems to be since it shows Rewind Wednesday leaving and very few SIN nights) OR they are changing Service Industry Night to once per month (and cutting Rewind Wednesdays altogether). I would think Disney would be much more willing to comply with something like this than the current schedule.

71jason

Agreed, right up there with the Social. But I'd rather park downtown and walk two blocks than have to deal with DTD these days. My East Side roots are showing, I suppose.

Next Big Thing

Agreed, right up there with the Social. But I'd rather park downtown and walk two blocks than have to deal with DTD these days. My East Side roots are showing, I suppose.
I never find it too bad to get to HOB... all you have to do is park in the cirque lot and it's right there.

Anyways... do you happen to know anything about my above post? Is SIN still going to continue on a once a month basis (or something of the sort) or is the website just wrong do you think? I ask you bc @PhotoDave219 tagged you in his original post.

Rinx

If I recall correctly, a select list of drinks were free for ladies up until 11 o'clock Sunday nights. Probably not the best idea in hindsight.

By the way, Atlantic Dance Hall......what kind of events happen there? I guess what I'm really asking is how does that place make money and stay open? I was at Jellyrolls one night and it got real packed so a few of us figured we'd take a look inside ADH. It's a really nice place! But empty! Music going and light affects but I think there were four other people in there.

Next Big Thing

If I recall correctly, a select list of drinks were free for ladies up until 11 o'clock Sunday nights. Probably not the best idea in hindsight.

By the way, Atlantic Dance Hall......what kind of events happen there? I guess what I'm really asking is how does that place make money and stay open? I was at Jellyrolls one night and it got real packed so a few of us figured we'd take a look inside ADH. It's a really nice place! But empty! Music going and light affects but I think there were four other people in there.
Yep, free drinks until 11. You did have to prove your age at the bar though, but it was still easy for underage drinkers to get alcohol.

And ADH makes it's money from Weddings/receptions. Sometimes, the Dance hall actually is packed, but it's rare and it's only if there's a convention of at the Swan/Dolphin and everyone is going out for the night.

Next Big Thing

To add context: The place never gets to be anywhere near what HOB is like on SIN nights and Rewind Wednesdays, even when it does have a sizeable crowd. The convention going crowd isn't necessarily the crowd I want to be hanging out with in the club anyway... @Rinx

Rinx

To add context: The place never gets to be anywhere near what HOB is like on SIN nights and Rewind Wednesdays, even when it does have a sizeable crowd. The convention going crowd isn't necessarily the crowd I want to be hanging out with in the club anyway... @Rinx

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

MarkTwain

It's always empty like that, even on holidays. :(

From what I've heard, Disney is contractually obliged to the Swan & Dolphin to run the dance club, as a service to its convention guests. My guess is that Disney sees the club as just an unfortunate and obligatory expense, like maintaining the roads to Bonnet Creek, and not as a real guest-oriented business that needs to make money.

To my knowledge, Boardwalk or Disney don't do ANYTHING that would help draw guests, like mention it on the WDW info channel or even put ads up in the Boardwalk elevators (classic Vegas tactic). It really seems like they don't want to spend any money promoting the place.

Next Big Thing

From what I've heard, Disney is contractually obliged to the Swan & Dolphin to run the dance club, as a service to its convention guests. My guess is that Disney sees the club as just an unfortunate and obligatory expense, like maintaining the roads to Bonnet Creek, and not as a real guest-oriented business that needs to make money.

To my knowledge, Boardwalk or Disney don't do ANYTHING that would help draw guests, like mention it on the WDW info channel or even put ads up in the Boardwalk elevators (classic Vegas tactic). It really seems like they don't want to spend any money promoting the place.
It's not unfortunate because they make an incredible amount of money from this facility from weddings...

COProgressFan

In many ways, it almost seems like they go out of their way to avoid mentioning that Atlantic Dance exists at all. It really is a peculiar case.

On the other hand, Jellyrolls gets no promotion either, but that clearly is a successful venue. And I would venture to say that 95% of resort guests don't even know it exists.

Next Big Thing

In many ways, it almost seems like they go out of their way to avoid mentioning that Atlantic Dance exists at all. It really is a peculiar case.

On the other hand, Jellyrolls gets no promotion either, but that clearly is a successful venue. And I would venture to say that 95% of resort guests don't even know it exists.
They don't need to promote Jellyrolls though... it's packed all the time.

jakeman

They don't need to promote Jellyrolls though... it's packed all the time.
Playing the same songs over and over...

I've come to the conclusion that they only take a very small handful of request and the rest is just a playlist. I have a hard time believing that "Country Roads" is requested every night more than once.

It's fun though.

Next Big Thing

Playing the same songs over and over...

I've come to the conclusion that they only take a very small handful of request and the rest is just a playlist. I have a hard time believing that "Country Roads" is requested every night more than once.

It's fun though.
Well, most people don't frequent the place often so they can do that without much problem.

Hell, the HOB SIN Nights and Rewind Wednesdays were very similar every week.

But like you said, fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom